What's your favourite Tyne Wear derby???

NUFC-OMS

The 4-1 for the hilarity of how quickly scumderland crumbled, however Liam O Briens free-kick just after I was getting a shitload of abuse from some fat smelly mackem bitch at the end of the clock stand was even funnier ;):icon_lol:B)

-The aforementioned 4-1.

-The 1-0n at their place a few years back (Solano penalty) just for the last minute goal which got ruled out. They must've felt sick.

-2-0 at St. James' for the sheer fact we played for 25 minutes (Bellamy's 83 second start) then trundled along in 2nd gear for the rest of the game.

-The aforementioned 4-1.

-The 1-0n at their place a few years back (Solano penalty) just for the last minute goal which got ruled out. They must've felt sick.

-2-0 at St. James' for the sheer fact we played for 25 minutes (Bellamy's 83 second start) then trundled along in 2nd gear for the rest of the game.

My undercover day that was.

Imagine how hard it was not to jump up when that goal was ruled out?

Salty Sellars 1-0 off the post in the soaking rain. ;)

the most frustrating one of all. If not for that rain we could have won 6 or 7-0 I would say. Terry Butcher panicking like fuck and kicking the ball anywhere.......waving "bye Bye" to the mackems as I made my way out of the centre paddock at the time towards them in the Leazes End.

We were so dominant and yet limited by the weather conditions it was untrue

Salty Sellars 1-0 off the post in the soaking rain. ;)

the most frustrating one of all. If not for that rain we could have won 6 or 7-0 I would say. Terry Butcher panicking like fuck and kicking the ball anywhere.......waving "bye Bye" to the mackems as I made my way out of the centre paddock at the time towards them in the Leazes End.

Yep, if it wasnt on TV it would have been called off.

Salty Sellars 1-0 off the post in the soaking rain. :icon_lol:

Yep, if it wasnt on TV it would have been called off.

Theres one thing about that game Im embarrased about, me and my mate were the first people inside the ground at about 11am, got absolutely soaked cos we thought it would be a good idea to "get there early" ;)

Crap game, great goal and I'll never forget the constant singing of "Terry Butcher on the dole!" B):P:whistle:

Guest Stevie

I wasn't at the 4-1 regretably, and I've seen us beat the mackems many times in person, but every single time I've expected it.

My personal favourite was a 1-1 draw (my first SMB away game) at Joker in 1991. They were better than us, the average age of our team was about 21 and no one gave us a chance, but we played them off the park. They were 1-0 up, and O'Brien got the ball Roker End (toon end for younguns), and he placed a chip from 25 yards, right in the top corner, if Zico scored it they'd be showing it in 100 years time, fuck me what a goal. The whole end went fuckin mental, and I looked over to the left, and the Clock Stand Paddock was going mental in dawned on us half of it was toon fans, and there was fighting everywhere. You see bits and pieces of things on telly now, pitch invasions, the odd Danny Dyer thing, but fuckin hell it was nothing to Roker Park that day, the fighting must've lasted for 15 minutes, seasoned fighters are sometimes fucked after 9. I don't condone football violence but when you're an impressionable 13 year old kid, that was a good laugh, but we're in a generation where kids look like Skol, and grown men will tell you what good lads mackems are and a generation where you're not allowed to slap or swear at cheeky cunts at work. I for one wish I was born 15 years before my time.

Edited by Stevie

The 2-0 when Bellamy scored after about 90 seconds is the only one where I was totally relaxed watching it. It was a breeze that match.

The 2-0 when Bellamy scored after about 90 seconds is the only one where I was totally relaxed watching it. It was a breeze that match.

Shearer's free-kick. ;)

Prob the 4-1. Not just because of the score, but the way the whole game went. They went 1-0 up and we didnt look like getting back into it, then they just seemed to roll over. Plus of course Shearers Pen, his last goal for us seemed quite fitting.

the one when John McNamee knocked Montgomery into the net at SJP

and the one when he came off the bench at Joker Park with us lot chanting "Unchain the Beast" to equalise

This, because I was in the home end. Second row, when they scored last minute everyone in the row in front jumped up/forward, with me and my mate sitting there numb and shellshocked, completely forgetting where we were. Then it was disallowed and everyone in front came trooping back. ;) After half a second pissing ourselves laughing we legged it out. Good times. :icon_lol:

Home: The Beardsley New Year's Day

Away: Liam O - I know it makes me a cliched anti-mackem sad bastard but that free kick is still my favourite football moment ever.