Business Account

Toonraider

If you have or have had one, who did you go for? I am waiting to hear back from Abbey anytime, having sent all the forms/info off last week. Hubby has left his job of 29 years and set up his own business. Luckily its started well as he has a good loyal customer base already. (Still shitting it though, this is scarey, we're creatures of habit) ;)

Anyone on here have an Abbey business account? If so, what do you think of them? the deals they offer seem quite good.

When I started on my own I was with the Yorkshire and wasnt that impressed. With Barclays now and have been for a while and they've been fine. I also factor my invoices through Barclays and that works well apart from them out sourcing their call centre which is a pain.

I know someone with Abbey and their well pleased with them. I am also looking but looking at Lloyds.

Great, I have heard good things about them. Was told to avoid Lloyds.

When I started on my own I was with the Yorkshire and wasnt that impressed. With Barclays now and have been for a while and they've been fine. I also factor my invoices through Barclays and that works well apart from them out sourcing their call centre which is a pain.

Grrr my bug bear ;)

Edited by Toonraider

Tbh, things have happened quickly, from 'oneday I will do this' to 'arrghh its actually happening!! I think we've sorted alot in a short space of time though. Last thing we need to do is set up a card facility for customers to pay...not sure how to do that, I presume I go to Abbey about it once the account is opened? ;)

A business Account is essential if you set up on your own - that way if the VAT man or the tax guys come round all your payments in & out are in one place and you can stop them snooping into every corner of your life - looks more professional as well

A mate of mine was very disorganised and the VAT people threatened to count every payment into his personal account as Vatable until he proved otherwise.............. certainly got his attention

VAT lot are fuckers ... Had my VAT inspection yesterday and Id put a few things through with VAT on in error. Anyway, after he went through the last few years with a fine tooth comb it seem I owe them about £2K which is fair enough until he said plus interest! Twats.

I've always found them OK - the thing is to have a question or an obvious problem that you can ask them and they concentrate on that

getting everything neatly laid out - cheques, statements, accounts etc also impresses them

I've always found them OK - the thing is to have a question or an obvious problem that you can ask them and they concentrate on that

getting everything neatly laid out - cheques, statements, accounts etc also impresses them

Most of my stuff ends up in the loft. ;)

And you live in a flat.

And you live in a flat.

At me mums. :icon_lol:

that's what my mate had - a bloody big box

after an hour the VAt man said "Mr Smith - we are paid to collect VAT not to be your accountant and filing clerk - we will return in 2 weeks and if it is not sorted............"

after an hour the VAt man said "Mr Smith - we are paid to collect VAT not to be your accountant and filing clerk - we will return in 2 weeks and if it is not sorted............"

How rude. :icon_lol:

How rude. :icon_lol:

Fair enough though.

TBF he is bloody chaotic - nice guy, really clever but completely disorganised.

No-one blamed the VAT guys - apparently he was polling odd bits of paper out of the box in a desperate attempt to find what they needed - quite funny if you weren't the man in question

The bloke that came was canny tbf like. I just gave him my last 2.5 years returns (now thats a lot of paper!) and a few files and he seemed happy.

Dreading all the VAT business, we're not VAT registered yet.

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! ;)

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! ;)

True, but if you're good and something and think you could do it better yourself, then fuck it, you may as well go for it. You'll be laughing about this when he's selling the company for millions..

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! B)

True, but if you're good and something and think you could do it better yourself, then fuck it, you may as well go for it. You'll be laughing about this when he's selling the company for millions..

:icon_lol:

Yeh I know he has to do it. He was taking enough money where he was to earn the wages for the other 4 people who worked there! It had to end! Last week he cleared £900 in his first week, so hopefully things will be ok, but obviously there will be quiet times, so I will have to be the mean one and take some money off him each week and put it away for a rainy day......cos I'm good like that ;)

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! :icon_lol:

Just get an accountant it's a lot cheaper than you think and saves you a lot of hassle. They are good at warping reality as well. ;)

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! :aye:

You need a website n all ;)

Luckily we have an accountant friend who has given us advice and will do our books once a year. I will try and keep the accounts in monthly order. The last couple weeks have been extremely stressful rushing about. Sometimes I think its just easier to go to a place of work and do your shift, end of!!! :rolleyes:

You need a website n all ;)

Like this? :aye:

(luckily we have our son who designs and runs our racing sites and now a site for the business. We have leaflets and business cards to match :icon_lol:

Edited by Toonraider