Iconic Sporting Photo

Matty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7081788C-E345-470A-EC68303517F384E6.jpg

What match is that btw? I know it's SJP with Leazes Terrace in the background before anyone points that out.

Dunno but I think it's John Anderson just in shot on the left.

What match is that btw? I know it's SJP with Leazes Terrace in the background before anyone points that out.

Intercity Fairs cup final.

Ah right. Looks older than that like.

Aye it does - to be Fairs.

Aye it does - to be Fairs.

:blink:

Some from the world of F1:

mansell01_261086.jpg

Photo_Signed_Mansell_Taxi.jpg

03.jpg

SENNA-A94003.jpg

That one of Senna sat on the grid at Imola is haunting... You could tell he was miles away and not his usual focused self - almost like a sense of forboding....

Would like to get the one of Senna in the McLaren & Mansell in the Williams almost wheel to wheel down to the first corner at Barcelona in 1991 (Dr Ken & Skol will know the one I mean) as that's one of the most iconic images from the sport I remember...

That picture of the fence at Hillsbrough is horrible, but for a project like this i'd be tempted to use it.

One of many from Gettyimages - there's some on there I'd argue are even more harrowing.

03.jpg

That one of Senna sat on the grid at Imola is haunting... You could tell he was miles away and not his usual focused self - almost like a sense of forboding....

Would like to get the one of Senna in the McLaren & Mansell in the Williams almost wheel to wheel down to the first corner at Barcelona in 1991 (Dr Ken & Skol will know the one I mean) as that's one of the most iconic images from the sport I remember...

Hadn't he just been in a meeting with the FIA warning of more fatalities because the cars weren't ready for the new regulations?

I think his mind was away with the fairies with what had happened to Ratzenberger the previous day. He pulled up on the grid, took his helmet off, stayed sat in the car and said very little - not Senna at all. He generally kept his helmet on the entire time he was on the grid.

As for the meeting - rather than the FIA I think he'd just chaired the regrouping of the Grand Prix Drivers Association which he'd re-formed to discuss the dangers as you point out.

Skol, you ever looked at some of the youtube clips from that day?

Dunno but I think it's John Anderson just in shot on the left.

Strikers in leaden boots - READY!

Goalkeepers in full-body catsuits - READY!

3.... 2.... 1.... *pheep*

I think his mind was away with the fairies with what had happened to Ratzenberger the previous day. He pulled up on the grid, took his helmet off, stayed sat in the car and said very little - not Senna at all. He generally kept his helmet on the entire time he was on the grid.

As for the meeting - rather than the FIA I think he'd just chaired the regrouping of the Grand Prix Drivers Association which he'd re-formed to discuss the dangers as you point out.

Skol, you ever looked at some of the youtube clips from that day?

Yep. The thing that sticks in my mind was the blood that covered the area. Unnerving stuff.

eric_wideweb__430x301.jpg

:blink:

Is this the guy who came from a country which didnt even have a municipal pool for him to train in? (or summat along those lines) He was quality.

:P:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

mansell.jpg

076.jpg

Remember staying up to watch that when I was a bairn in '96, same with the 100m final unfortunately. :D

Was staying at my mate's doon sooth and we were both blown away by that performance. Unbelievable.

076.jpg

Remember staying up to watch that when I was a bairn in '96, same with the 100m final unfortunately. :blush:

Was staying at my mate's doon sooth and we were both blown away by that performance. Unbelievable.

Amazing man. A true great, absolutely loved watching him run. Just loved his style as well, never looked like he was breaking a sweat. Then seeing Roger Black busting a gut to get anywhere near him as well. :D