The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

If he does sign I think I will have found a team to support in Euro 2008.

If he does sign he'll probably break his leg at Euro 2008. :D

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

hmmm remember when we signed hotshot Guivarch :blush:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

Aye I was delighted when he went not just for being shit neither, me dad has the most annoying habit ever in life in that he deliberately gets players names wrong, and he knows it pisses me off, he used to call him "Gurridge" it used to drive me up the wall. A better example of someone coming after a championships is Albert.

Edited by Stevie

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

hmmm remember when we signed hotshot Guivarch :rolleyes:

Aye I was delighted when he went not just for being shit neither, me dad has the most annoying habit ever in life in that he deliberately gets players names wrong, and he knows it pisses me off, he used to call him "Gurridge" it used to drive me up the wall. A better example of someone coming after a championships is Albert.

Or Marc Hottiger. :blush:

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

Your dad obviously sussed early on it doesnt take much to wind you up

Guardian today:

Luka Modric appears to be close to signing for Newcastle United after the Croatia and Dinamo Zagreb playmaker visited both St James' Park and the club's training ground earlier this week. Reports in Zagreb claim that Modric will cost Newcastle at least £20m - although Tyneside sources insist the fee is likely to be significantly smaller - and it is hoped that the 22-year-old can supply Kevin Keegan's side with the midfield creativity they have so craved in recent months.

It seems that Dennis Wise, Newcastle's executive director (football), has been the prime mover in a deal which looks poised to become the first to be completed since the former Leeds manager's arrival in late January as head of a new European style scouting system.

Indeed Wise and Tony Jimenez, Newcastle's recruitment supremo, were heavily involved in arranging not only Modric's visit but a meeting that Zdravko Mamic, Dinamo's vice-president, held with club representatives in the city's Malmaison hotel this week. The agent Peter Harrison was also present.

With Modric, who is expected to play a key role for Slaven Bilic's Croatia side during Euro 2008, generally deployed in a left-sided role, it appears likely that the unsettled Charles N'Zogbia will now be allowed to leave Newcastle.

Even so Modric's move is far from complete and, while there could be some intense haggling over personal terms of a player expected to command a salary in the £60,000-£80,000 a week bracket, the transfer may also be vulnerable to a late hijacking by one of the midfielder's many admirers across England and Europe.

Modric has previously been linked with moves to Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City. Wise, though, is believed to be confident of pulling off what would be regarded as a major transfer-market coup.

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

Your dad obviously sussed early on it doesnt take much to wind you up

:blush:

So true!

Yes agreed. QFT!

Or Marc Hottiger. :blush:

Canny player tbf. For us, at least.

£20-25 mill for an unproven in the Prem player seems a lot to me! Hate to think how much he'll be if he has a good Euro 2008!

If true then it is a risk, however one of the articles does mention that it could be much smaller than that, either way it's good to see that Ashley is prepared to back Keegan. Big Sam will be seething if Keegan gets a fortune to spend.

It's actually looking like it might come off, nice spot by Stevie there. Euro 2008 will certainly be nervous if he signs for us don't want a repeat of the Owen fiasco. This new system is really starting to look effective which is great news, the press wont be too pleased about it like.

Interesting quotes from KK.

"We had a fantastic lunch here earlier in the week with Thierry Henry, Luka Modric and Deco!

"Unfortunately that's fantasy football, but if they do want to come for dinner we've got a nice big restaurant with lovely food.

"The only time we will be able to say what we are doing is when we bring them in.

"The Henry story came from a talk-in when a 10-year-old kid asked me 'If I could sign one player who would it be?'.

"I said Henry and from that we are now signing him.

"And, with regards to Modric, if you put together a list of midfield players around Europe then he would be on it and he would be on everyone else's list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

"In some ways it's nice because people believe that we can get big name players, but we have to keep it real and not lead people up a one-way street to nowhere."

Doesn't deny it, but it seems he doesn't have a clue. Probably because it's Wise & co dealing with the transfer, but still strange.

Interesting quotes from KK.
"We had a fantastic lunch here earlier in the week with Thierry Henry, Luka Modric and Deco!

"Unfortunately that's fantasy football, but if they do want to come for dinner we've got a nice big restaurant with lovely food.

"The only time we will be able to say what we are doing is when we bring them in.

"The Henry story came from a talk-in when a 10-year-old kid asked me 'If I could sign one player who would it be?'.

"I said Henry and from that we are now signing him.

"And, with regards to Modric, if you put together a list of midfield players around Europe then he would be on it and he would be on everyone else's list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

"In some ways it's nice because people believe that we can get big name players, but we have to keep it real and not lead people up a one-way street to nowhere."

Doesn't deny it, but it seems he doesn't have a clue. Probably because it's Wise & co dealing with the transfer, but still strange.

or once again it could just be press talk, saying we're interested could drive his price up and his agent would use it to generate more interest

or he could be telling the truth, can't be sure until it's done

or not done

I reckon a meeting took place between his representatives and us, i think .com confirmed it. Not saying its absolutely true, but they are pretty reliable.

But i think the deal is far from complete, so his club or agent leaked the info to the press to hype up the price and get other clubs involved. Also i dont get why they are shopping him in April, if Euro 2008 is still 2 months away and his price will be possibly up in the skies.

TOTTENHAM have pulled off a sensational transfer coup by landing Croatia superstar Luka Modric after reaching a deal believed to be over £20million with Dinamo Zagreb.

SunSport can exclusively reveal that Spurs have won the race to sign Modric and beaten competition from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan had an £18.5million bid rejected by the Croatian club yesterday afternoon before Spurs upped the ante to land the star.

A top Dinamo source told us late last night: “Everything has been agreed and Modric will be going to Tottenham. All the details are in place and the fee is £20m.”

Modric will sign a five-year deal with Tottenham. The deal is believed to be a club record fee for Spurs whose previous record was the £16.5 signing of Darren Bent from Charlton last summer.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City were all linked with moves for Modric as were Barcelona, Inter and Bayern Munich.

It is a masterstroke for boss Juande Ramos who has landed a truly wonderful player who is expected to shine for Croatia in Euro 2008.

spurs , for fucks sake ! spurs ? :D

As I said on N-O, there's nee point in dwelling on it.

It was pie in the sky stuff anyway and at least it shows the ambition of the current board to go out and get the best players, not just the biggest names. Plus we get to rib Stevie again for his shit predictions :D

Guest Stevie

I'm absolutely gutted. Apologies that he didn't sign, but I was only telling you what I was told, if I get any more tip offs I'll keep them to myself. We've been gazumped, I read somewhere last night the yids were waiting to see what our bid was, and they'd up it by 2m whatever it was, and that greedy bastard warload chairman of Zagreb, snapped their hands off. Am fuckin gutted cos he is a good player, but he's no better than Krancjar who Pompey got for 3m, I think 21m or whatever it is, is fucking loads for someone who has shown glimpses for his country, but aside from that has only done it consistently in a league inferior to the SPL. I mean 21m is a Torres type fee. I hope he has Dyer type luck with his injuries. Bitter? Too right.

Aye bit of a shitter this one like, but we'll be linked to bigger and better and not sign them as the summer goes on so he wont be the last. Next!