The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's looking bleak as predicted for these new signings....

pasting the quotes

"My optimism (about new signings) gets less the nearer we get to the deadline," said the Newcastle boss. "If we don't, then we will have to soldier on with what we have, but hopefully we will still get a couple in.

"If we don't get anyone in, then we'll have to wait for our strikers to get fit. But we have six strikers out at the moment, and Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff are all going to be out for three or four weeks. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment."

"James has a three-year contract with us at the moment," he said. "I don't even want to talk about losing James Milner.

"He's a very important player for us, and I think he's worthy of a call-up to the senior England side. He's been too long in the Under-21s. Once you've played 30-odd games for the Under-21s, you deserve a crack at the big time."

I'm confident we'll get 2/3 players in. Stay frosty. :)

it's looking bleak as predicted for these new signings....

pasting the quotes

"My optimism (about new signings) gets less the nearer we get to the deadline," said the Newcastle boss. "If we don't, then we will have to soldier on with what we have, but hopefully we will still get a couple in.

"If we don't get anyone in, then we'll have to wait for our strikers to get fit. But we have six strikers out at the moment, and Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Damien Duff are all going to be out for three or four weeks. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment."

"James has a three-year contract with us at the moment," he said. "I don't even want to talk about losing James Milner.

"He's a very important player for us, and I think he's worthy of a call-up to the senior England side. He's been too long in the Under-21s. Once you've played 30-odd games for the Under-21s, you deserve a crack at the big time."

I'm confident we'll get 2/3 players in. Stay frosty. :)

Based on.....pixie dust? angel dust? parky dust?

Who's signed Nile Ranger?

Who the fuck is he?

i was watching him in the warm up to the coventry game and he looks like he has the potential to be a very good player. hes big, strong and very skilful for someone so young

Worried about transfers -the number KK has said we'd 'definatly' get in has steadily dropped down from 4 to 0 (Since we've signed anyone, for anyone smartassed)

Edited by JonGoodwyn

Worried about transfers -the number KK has said we'd 'definatly' get in has steadily dropped down from 4 to 0 (Since we've signed anyone, for anyone smartassed)

if kev says that then im sure he will try. if we don't then it will most likely be cos of ashley

if kev says that then im sure he will try. if we don't then it will most likely be cos of ashley

“My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,”

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight.”

“I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

Just sounds like hes accepting that he probably won't get any new players in

Edited by JonGoodwyn

“If we don’t get anybody, we’ll have to wait for everybody to come back and this could take some time,” Keegan told the Evening Chronicle.

“Mark Viduka’s four or five weeks away, and Obafemi Martins is out for three or four weeks, as is Damien Duff.

“The young back-up we’ve got, in Andy Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua, is also injured.

“At a smaller club that’s okay, but not here. Alan Smith’s also injured, so we’ve been hit hard. You can’t legislate for that – you could sign about 10 strikers, but when they’re all fit, you’ve got a problem.

“If we don’t get anybody in, we’ll soldier on, but hopefully, we might still get a couple more players in.”

Edit : From Sentanta sorry, not the Chronicle

Edited by JonGoodwyn

SWP has signed a 4 year deal at Citeh according to the Beeb. Shame we couldn't have nipped in and let Milner go at the same time.

Would you have been happy paying him the reported 80k a week?

Not really and I was thinking along those lines just after I posted the above.

SWP has signed a 4 year deal at Citeh according to the Beeb. Shame we couldn't have nipped in and let Milner go at the same time.

Would you have been happy paying him the reported 80k a week?

Not really and I was thinking along those lines just after I posted the above.

Aye I am the same. I did think he would be an upgrade but even with him there are question mark over his all round game. It would be a certainty that if he signed for us he would have an average 12 months and then be slagged off in the same way that Duff, Geremi, Babayaro, Smith etc are for being on obscene wages and being allowed to leave the top 4 for a reason..

The bloke who announced a big signing was on the way hours before we signed Jonas has said expect an announcement at 6pm that we will be very happy with

Louise Taylor is to be hung from the Swing Bridge? :lol:

Would rather have Milner

Me too. I doubt he's even asking for half what SWP is reportedly getting.

The bloke who announced a big signing was on the way hours before we signed Jonas has said expect an announcement at 6pm that we will be very happy with

Just to add its almost certainly bullshit

I gathered that :)

I gathered that :)

I'd love to see the mackem slapper strung up by her tits mind :icon_lol: