The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

FM tastic from wiki:

Per Ciljan Skjelbred is well known to the fans of the Football Manager series. In the two most recent games in the series, he has been given a very high potential rating, which often makes him a future star as the game progresses.

So that's what Wise does all day.

Would anyone seriously be suprised if that was true.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton set to sign striker Saha

Manchester United striker Louis Saha will join Everton for an undisclosed fee subject to passing a medical.

The 30-year-old France international will become Everton's third signing of the summer after Lars Jacobsen and Segundo Castillo.

Saha, who joined United from Fulham for £12.8m in January 2004, will sign a two-year deal with an option for a further year.

The striker scored 42 goals during an injury-plagued career at Old Trafford.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7587683.stm

Apparently a German radio station in Hamburg (NDR) reports that Newcastle will sign ex-Spurs player Timothy Atouba (Parky can probably confirm?).

Not to chuffed about this if it is true. Inconsistent and a dubious character.

Edited by Isegrim

Apparently a German radio station in Hamburg (NDR) reports that Newcastle will sign ex-Spurs player Timothy Atouba (Parky can probably confirm?).

Heard this last week.

Timmy is a lot better than he looks, certainly has been reasonable and played very well in his first season (06?) 50 odd appearances?

ha ha toothpaste? If you like players that do drag backs in your own box, then he's your man.

Do you remember the goal he scored against you lot on the first day of the season? ha ha I thought he would be a star.

Had a big falling out with the Hamburg fans.

He was fairly rubbish Im afraid.

Edited by Danny B

ha ha toothpaste? If you like players that do drag backs in your own box, then he's your man.

Do you remember the goal he scored against you lot on the first day of the season? ha ha I thought he would be a star.

Had a big falling out with the Hamburg fans.

He was fairly rubbish Im afraid.

He did alright here. :lol:

Heard this last week.

Timmy is a lot better than he looks, certainly has been reasonable and played very well in his first season (06?) 50 odd appearances?

Transfer has taken a twist apparently. According to Hamburg's press officer Atouba was due to fly to England for a medical but instead surprisingly turned up at the training ground and has been included into the squad for tomorrow's match now.

never understand when that happens

Player comes to premiership

is shite, gets moved on

is successful in his new league/country

gets linked with a move back to the premiership

clearly some people aren't bad in other leagues but crap here

Forlan would be a prime example...

ala Reira.

Looked to slow for the Premiership at Man City IMO.

Guest Stevie
never understand when that happens

Player comes to premiership

is shite, gets moved on

is successful in his new league/country

gets linked with a move back to the premiership

clearly some people aren't bad in other leagues but crap here

Forlan would be a prime example...

ala Reira.

Looked to slow for the Premiership at Man City IMO.

I rated him, he scored a belta in Souness' last game.

Hamburg have withdrawn Thimothee Atouba from their squad to face Arminia Bielefeld due to his uncertain transfer situation.

Manager Martin Jol had been expecting the former Tottenham defender to travel to England on Friday to undergo a medical with Newcastle United.

However, the 26-year-old Cameroon international unexpectedly returned to training with the Bundesliga club ahead of their weekend match.

Unclear

With Atouba's future unclear, Hamburg have now opted to omit him from their squad this weekend as a move to The Magpies could seemingly still be on the cards.

"He [Atouba] originally wanted to travel to England on Friday to undergo a medical with Newcastle United, but then surprisingly turned up at team training," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Because the Cameroonian's future is unclear, coach Martin Jol has removed him from the squad for (Arminia) Bielefeld."

Looks like theyve given up on warnock and are taking him instead.

Not sure on this one. Sumthing of an unknown quantity too me

SSN said some player from young boys, (think it was them), arrived in tyneside at 1pm today and is currently in talks. he was meant to have been on trial at everton

Young Boys of Berne defender Kamil Zayatte, who trained with the Magpies on Friday, is one of several potential targets currently under discussion on Tyneside, with Keegan revealing talks over two purchases are at an advanced stage.

He said: "We have got four or five irons in the fire at the moment, two of which are pretty well down the line and three which are could bes, maybes, and he [Zayatte] is one of those could be, maybes.

"We have had him training this morning. He looks like a player who could certainly improve us.

"He plays three or four positions, and I like those sort of players.

"We will see where we go.

"I have got to talk to [executive director (football)] Dennis [Wise] and [vice-president (player recruitment)] Tony [Jimenez] about it."

sportinglife.com

10.30 Newcastle's move for former Tottenham full-back Thimothee Atouba is in doubt after the Hamburg player failed to attend a medical

:lol: I don't rate Atouba at all hopefully we weren't even in for him in the first place.

Guest Stevie

I'll come back to this thread in three days time, I'm not making any predictions, all I'm going to say is what is the name of the King who chopped his wife's heed off.

I'll come back to this thread in three days time, I'm not making any predictions, all I'm going to say is what is the name of the King who chopped his wife's heed off.

You reckon we'll sign Marlon King? :lol:

:lol:

We are signing* Henry the 8th :lol: :lol: :):D

We are singing Henry the 8th :lol: :lol: :):D

You'll have to hum that one for me.

We are singing Henry the 8th :lol: :lol: :):D

You'll have to hum that one for me.

Hmmm mmmm hmmm (reprise)

hmm hmmmm mmmmmm