Toon want Thierry

Jimbo

backpagefriday475714arq3.jpg

KEVIN KEEGAN will launch a sensational £15million raid to bring Thierry Henry back to England this summer.

The Newcastle boss has told Mike Ashley the French superstar tops his wanted list and the Toon owner is prepared to give Keegan the green light to land his man.

Henry has not settled at Barcelona since his move from Arsenal last June and is seriously considering quitting the Nou Camp at the end of the season.

A shock move to Major League Soccer in America has been mentioned but the prospect of being the main man for one of the most passionate sets of fans in Europe is a strong lure.

Henry, 30, spent eight years at Arsenal before joining Barca for £16.1million.

Yet his dream move has turned into a nightmare and he was unhappy again at starting on the bench against Manchester United on Wednesday.

He has three years left on his deal but the Spaniards would let him go if they could claw back most of what they paid out.

Any fee would be a drop in the ocean for billionaire Sports Direct owner Ashley.

There were suggestions he would try to sell up this summer but a run of good results has KO’d that.

Instead, the Toon supremo wants to bring a “sexy” global name to the club.

Keegan is convinced Henry could have a similar effect on fans as Alan Shearer’s arrival did in 1996.

And Toon insiders believe the Frenchman would be lured by the prospect of being the big man on Tyneside.

Henry also wants to return to England to see more of his young daughter, Tea.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

KEVIN KEEGAN will launch a sensational £15million raid to bring Thierry Henry back to England this summer.

£7m too much because his wages will be sky high!

At 30 i reckon we would get three years out of him.

Guest Stevie

If that has an element of truth in it, or it actually came back along with Modric, siyillcoeimnmtpanw would be an anagram which would describe my feelings. We are dreamers by nature, but what a statement that would be, the likes of Spurs, Everton etc.. can't even dream of these type of players.

Guest Stevie
Not sure what to think. Could be another Kluivert. Big name but past his best.

He could play for the toon with one normal leg and Heather Mills plastic leg and still make a significantly better impact than PK.

Not sure what to think. Could be another Kluivert. Big name but past his best.

He could play for the toon with one normal leg and Heather Mills plastic leg and still make a significantly better impact than PK.

Fair point. :D

God i love keegan .

even if all these rumors turn out tobe bullshit , it would only ever happen at nufc with keegan :rolleyes:

god i love keegan

as for 7 mill to much , shut up and let us dream already !! :D its not your cash is it ! :blush: were loaded !! loadsa money !!!

Edited by Hadrian

Can't see it myself unless Keegan's planning on sticking with 4-3-3, I mean who would Henry replace? If Owen and Martins are signing new deals I can only imagine Viduka would make way and provide cover for all three. Would be nice to think he'd come here but I think he'd only return to one English club and it's not us.

Can't see it myself unless Keegan's planning on sticking with 4-3-3, I mean who would Henry replace? If Owen and Martins are signing new deals I can only imagine Viduka would make way and provide cover for all three. Would be nice to think he'd come here but I think he'd only return to one English club and it's not us.

a front 2 of henry and martins with owen in the hole would be pretty tasty.

never going to happen though is it? he'd walk into most champions league clubs' starting eleven

Thierry Henry has insisted he is happy at Barcelona - and suggested he would only return to the Premier League if he could play for his former club Arsenal.

The France striker, 30, has been linked with a move back to England after an unsuccessful first season in Spain.

He told the BBC's Football Focus: "I'm happy - I don't regret leaving Arsenal.

"But there's only one team in England for me. Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan."

The Frenchman left north London in a £16.1m move in June 2007 but his inaugural season in La Liga has been ravaged by injuries, the most recent being a back problem.

Henry, who scored 174 Premier League goals in 254 appearances for Arsenal, has been a shadow of his former self at the Nou Camp - scoring only seven goals in 25 appearances.

And he has been heavily criticised for some ineffective performances, particularly in the recent Champions League quarter-final, second leg win against Schalke.

Despite all this, the former Monaco and Juventus player claims he has no intention of leaving the Spanish club.

"People who know me will tell you, I'm the same in training, I'm the same in life - I cannot act. If I'm not happy, I'm not happy," he said.

Newcastle are reportedly keen to bring Henry back to England in the summer, while he has also been linked with a possible move to Major League Soccer in the United States.

But asked if he would return to play in the Premier League, Henry replied: "I don't know. I'm happy here at Barcelona. I still have three years of my contract left with Barcelona.

"There has been since I arrived here a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant."

Henry insisted he is not remorseful over any of the decisions he has made.

He said: "I don't regret stuff in my life. Stuff happens for a reason. You don't regret stuff that you thought about. I don't regret it."

Keegan really is a fairy godmother. Signing a player who is well past his best for a crazy free and paying him daft wages and yet everybody thinks it`s ok........................brilliant!

Keegan really is a fairy godmother. Signing a player who is well past his best for a crazy free and paying him daft wages and yet everybody thinks it`s ok........................brilliant!

You'd think Liverpool fans would know that they shouldn't believe everything that is written in The Sun.

Could be worse, we could be linked with signing such fantastic freebies as Philipp Degen...

You'd think Liverpool fans would know that they shouldn't believe everything that is written in The Sun.

I don`t. But it is not the only source carrying this story.

Makes your previous post a bit daft then, doesn't it?

Makes your previous post a bit daft then, doesn't it?

No.

As convincing as ever in your argument there.

:D

Henry is still a world class player I don't think for a second he'd come here but Keegans even got the southern journo's excited. He's not played much this season but still got a few goals pulled off a cracking shot against Man utd where he drifted in from the left. Modric and Henry :blush: