Fishing 'Finatics' & PinPals...

Geordie Boyo

alreet all! :rolleyes:

Thought I'd advertise my two groups on here for anyone interested. I mainly work with people who are isolated & maybe have mental health problems such as depression & anxiety. By doing activities, especially group activities the social aspect and enjoyment of the acitivity can benefit greately to anyones health & wellbeing so I don't know, you may know of someone, or maybe you would like to give it a go.

I currently have one group called Fishing 'Finatics'. We meet up outside the Copthorn Hotel on Newcastle's quayside every Thursday. The group meets up from 11.00am and normally stay until 4.00pm depending on the weather. It's a canny group and normally a good day out if you enjoy fishing.

Was never really keen on fishing personally, but gave it a go and I find it a good way to relax. :D You'd be only paying £2 for bait. The rods, reels, etc. are provided for knowt! Normally people buy their own after a couple of sessions in anyways.

Last week we caught a few whitefish, flatties & a few cod amongst others. Some days you get knowt, but it can all depend on the tide...at times! We also go different places once a month on a hired minibus.

PinPals is another group I have at the AMF Bowling alley. got a discount of £1.50 per person for one game which is canny when you think about the prices the megaball has...! Both groups of people I have range from their 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's & 70's.....quite a range! :blush:

Anyone can contact me on -07983362038 (Billy-Lee Moir)

I've also set up a over 50's chair-based exercise session which runs regulary on a tuesday afternoon from 3.00pm at MERA Hall in kenton. The instructor I got is called *******. The session just costs £1, which will go to trips out & stuff. Basically whatever the group decide to do. Again, if you know of anyone who may be insterested you can contact Ann on ***********88, or myself.

Currently setting up a free taster session for Tai Chi at the same place too, which will take place on the 3rd of june with the same plan in having the acitivity ona regular basis, if we get eth funding! :nufc:

If I was selling something I wouldn't be doing this, but as its for a good cause and helps people with their health, physically & mentally I thought why not! I'm not on commission, btw, just a crappy wage...!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Cheers Sammy :D Couldn't picture being in a better job working in my own community, but it can be very challenging at times applying for funding and dealing with individuals, as well as group work.

Always pays off in the end, eh! :blush:

I've been wanting to have a try at fishing for a while now. My mate's well into it and he's always offering to let me have a go on his rod. fnarr. Think I might well give it a whirl this summer.

If I'm ever off work on a Thursday I might pop along for a couple of hours fishing with you, show you how it's done :D

You'll have competition, unfortunatly not from me...!

Both group members either side of me caught about 9 cod between them and a few whitefish. One even caught one of those 'coulee' fish? I caught bollocks all...! :blush:

I've been wanting to have a try at fishing for a while now. My mate's well into it and he's always offering to let me have a go on his rod. fnarr. Think I might well give it a whirl this summer.

rasta.jpg

Peter, you should get yourself down when you've got the chance, mate. I'll warn people before hand just in case they try to pick you up and cast you over the river. :D

:blush:

If I'm ever off work on a Thursday I might pop along for a couple of hours fishing with you, show you how it's done :D

You'll have competition, unfortunatly not from me...!

Both group members either side of me caught about 9 cod between them and a few whitefish. One even caught one of those 'coulee' fish? I caught bollocks all...! :blush:

get them out on the boat at the start of June, they'll love it.

alreet all! :rolleyes:

Thought I'd advertise my two groups on here for anyone interested. I mainly work with people who are isolated & maybe have mental health problems such as depression & anxiety. By doing activities, especially group activities the social aspect and enjoyment of the acitivity can benefit greately to anyones health & wellbeing so I don't know, you may know of someone, or maybe you would like to give it a go.

how is N-O these days?? :nufc: