Snooka

luckyluke

Anyone following it? I always like to, tried to get tickets but with my exams our choice was limited and we fell short. It all seems to be going a bit 147-tastic this year, TWO already (and there have been numerous other close attempts). Every time Ronnie gets two reds and blacks the commentators start talking about maximums. As always, it's his to lose this year, but ol' pizza face is looking good, as is MacGuire.

Annoys me because the snooker hall is always packed for a few weeks when it's on. Our luxurious 4 hours of quiet play are interrupted by shitty little 14 year olds doing behind their back trick shots and we can only get a table for an hour or two.

I follow this tournament and the UK one. I quite like it without being massively into it. Anyone but Hendry to win as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone following it? I always like to, tried to get tickets but with my exams our choice was limited and we fell short. It all seems to be going a bit 147-tastic this year, TWO already (and there have been numerous other close attempts). Every time Ronnie gets two reds and blacks the commentators start talking about maximums. As always, it's his to lose this year, but ol' pizza face is looking good, as is MacGuire.

Aye, I think you're right.

I follow this tournament and the UK one. I quite like it without being massively into it. Anyone but Hendry to win as far as I'm concerned.

Aye, can't stand Hendry either. When I was young my dad and I were watching one of the Hendry-Jimmy finals and dad asked me who I wanted to win. Not knowing much about snooker, I said Hendry. My dad (and my neighbour, I think) proceeded to give me a long and thorough talk about how and why I should want Jimmy White to win. Can't remember the details of the talk but it worked. ;)

Aye, can't stand Hendry either. When I was young my dad and I were watching one of the Hendry-Jimmy finals and dad asked me who I wanted to win. Not knowing much about snooker, I said Hendry. My dad (and my neighbour, I think) proceeded to give me a long and thorough talk about how and why I should want Jimmy White to win. Can't remember the details of the talk but it worked. :razz:

Dads are great like that for gentle opinion-forming. "No, son, I think you mean you think this." ;)

Aye, can't stand Hendry either. When I was young my dad and I were watching one of the Hendry-Jimmy finals and dad asked me who I wanted to win. Not knowing much about snooker, I said Hendry. My dad (and my neighbour, I think) proceeded to give me a long and thorough talk about how and why I should want Jimmy White to win. Can't remember the details of the talk but it worked. :D

Dads are great like that for gentle opinion-forming. "No, son, I think you mean you think this." ;)

I will definitely be the same like. Worse, probably. :razz:

• 7 months later...
Fucking hell.

I could beat these divvies :lol:

It's not something I follow so when we ended up watching it last night I was full of the usual "what's he doing that for?" sort of questions.. there was no explanation for some of the questions I asked about why they were missing shots even I could pot. <_<

Question... What's wrong with Hendry?

He's boring, miserable, Scottish and has a face that comes with free garlic bread. And he's not Jimmy.

Oh right, just thought he had done something wrong or something since no one seems to like him. :lol:

Don't mind him personally.

• 3 months later...

It's that time of year again...

Great match between Stephen Hendry and Mark Williams coming to a climax at the moment - not on the beeb but you can watch it on interactive/internet. Williams going to pieces a bit now unfortunately.

O'Sullivan v Mark Allen 2nd round should be a cracking match. I really like Allen's game. As ever these days if O'Sullivan's in the mood he wins the title; if not there's a good few with chances. Selby looks sure to win one sooner or later.

As long as the bible-bashing grassing cunt Murphy :D doesn't win the tournament I'm not bothered who does.

O'Sullivan v Mark Allen 2nd round should be a cracking match. I really like Allen's game. As ever these days if O'Sullivan's in the mood he wins the title; if not there's a good few with chances. Selby looks sure to win one sooner or later.

As long as the bible-bashing grassing cunt Murphy :D doesn't win the tournament I'm not bothered who does.

My mate used to work on the Snooker circuit - apparently MacGuire nearly forfeited a match against Murphy when he turned up without any chalk and the fat cunt wouldn't lend him any, until common sense (i.e. the referee) intervened.

I can't stand Selby either. "Jester from Leicester" my arse, he's as funny as a rectal cancer, the miserable twat.