What kind of player is Emre?

goldman

I know he's a midfielder - but what's his style? All I've heard is that he's a playmaker. Is he an attacking midfielder or more of a holding player who pulls the strings from deep? Is he fast, does he take defenders on, or is he more of a long ball player? Sorry I've seen nothing of him in the past and just wondered who he compares to...

I know he's a midfielder - but what's his style? All I've heard is that he's a playmaker. Is he an attacking midfielder or more of a holding player  who pulls the strings from deep? Is he fast, does he take defenders on, or is he more of a long ball player? Sorry I've seen nothing of him in the past and just wondered who he compares to...

39834[/snapback]

I think he is more of a holding midfielder who is good at going forward and adds a bit of creativity: a left-footed box-to-box midfielder if you want.. A good tackler and very much at ease in possession, he is not very fast but takes defenders and other midfielders on with a good dribble. I would compare him to a younger Edgar Davids, although he is probably a bit more attack minded and slightly less of a fighter. I think he's a very complete midfielder though, and a partnership with Parker should bring out the best in both..

he's a classy modern midfielder. tidy in possesion, eye for a pass and a good engine. he can play deep and put his foot in or box to box ahead of a holdihg player.

a great buy from souness.

To me he seems to be a player who has control, technique and vision so will use the ball very well, want the ball all the time and can play a killer pass.

He also isn't slow, looks as though he can go past people and can take set pieces which we need. Throw in a willingness to tackle and good workrate he is a big miss to the team.

The downside would be his injury record and i think he hasn't scored many in his career for his ability.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

From the little i've seen of him, he's got great control and and can run well with the ball. He doesn't seem afraid to do some dirty work either and looks capable of putting in a killer pass. I think he could link up fantastically with Owen.

He does look a class above the rest of our midfield creativity wise. If he can have the heart and consistency to back it up he'll become one of the best players in the league.

Poor man's Maradona. Not having a dig at him like, just he's not that good.

39842[/snapback]

Not as good as Maradonna? :D

39855[/snapback]

Or Maradona for that matter.

Seen as Maradona was better than Pele, that's a toughie :D

39906[/snapback]

Out of interest, how many times have you seen either of them play, in particular Pele? It's just people often say this or vice-versa and I wonder what they base this on.

Seen as Maradona was better than Pele, that's a toughie :lol:

39906[/snapback]

Out of interest, how many times have you seen either of them play, in particular Pele? It's just people often say this or vice-versa and I wonder what they base this on.

40106[/snapback]

I personally don't know who was better having seen very little of Pele, but the argument is (apparently) that Pele played in a good side in a piss poor Brazilian league, whilst at least Maradona was tested (for drugs several times) in the Spanish and Italian leagues and showed his class.

Personally, after seeing Pele's overhead kick DESPITE having suspected broken ribs, I'd go for him being the better player. :D

Poor man's Maradona. Not having a dig at him like, just he's not that good.

39842[/snapback]

Not as good as Maradonna? :D

39855[/snapback]

Or Maradona for that matter.

40103[/snapback]

Or Madonna

40152[/snapback]

Better than Diana Ross though, at penalties.

I know he's a midfielder - but what's his style? All I've heard is that he's a playmaker. Is he an attacking midfielder or more of a holding player  who pulls the strings from deep? Is he fast, does he take defenders on, or is he more of a long ball player? Sorry I've seen nothing of him in the past and just wondered who he compares to...

39834[/snapback]

Emre Belozoglu is arguably the foremost of the first Turkish generation to ply their trade overseas in the major European leagues. Emre is a wily left-footed central midfielder whose vision, passing ability and low centre of gravity combine to give him skills that would liken him to Joe Cole and Deco.

Known for his desire to perform, this has sometimes led to his high-energy game spilling over into aggression. However this is part of the package with the blend of trickery and awareness Emre brings to his game, and such a style has ended in people likening him to his mentor Hagi.

He made his first senior appearence as a 16 year old for Galatasery in the 96-97 season. He spent 4 seasons there and was a key player for them in their UEFA cup victory in 2000, the first Turkish team to ever win the trophy.

He moved to Inter in 2001 but spent a lot of time on the bench. In 2003 many players were injured and he got his spot in the starting lineup. Emre was rewarded with many impressive performances, particularly of note being a brace against Lazio where Inter were 3-0 down and Emre bagged two shots each as quality as the other to bring Inter back into the game and enabling them to leave with a 3-3 draw. That season Emre helped Inter reach 2nd in the Serie A and the semi finals in the Champions league. His next season at Inter was marred by injury, followed by this season where competition in the central midfield resulted in Emre looking for regular starting eleven football elsewhere.

Emre is a top player and you havent seen the best of him yet. He is fierce, a playmaker, a fighter and has a sweet left foot. I cant wait for him to be fit again and watch him and Parker dominate that MF.

Good luck.