Guardiola To Take Over Barca Reigns

Tooj

Barcalona have confirmed that manager Frank Rijkaard will be replaced by Josep Guardiola at the end of the season.

Rijkaard vowed to continue in the job after Barca lost to Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals last week.

However, Barca's disappointing domestic campaign carried on as they were defeated 4-1 by fierce rivals Real Madrid on Wednesday.

Real have already clinched the Primera Liga title and Barca will finish the season without any silverware.

Rijkaard took charge of Barcelona in 2003 and led the team to back-to-back league titles and victory in the Champions League in 2006.

However, he has paid the price for not being able to build on the success with club president Joan Laporta deciding that he will not see out his contract, which was due to run to 2009.

"The administration of the club has decided that at the end of this season Frank Rijkaard will cease to be the coach of Barcelona and the position will be occupied by Josep Guardiola," Laporta told a news conference.

Former Spain international Guardiola spent 11 years as a player at Barcelona and has been in charge of the club's B team for the last 12 months.

Expected like but I still hope he does well, was one of my favourite players.

Arnt Barca supposed to be in a huge amount of debt? the fans have also turned on laporta too.

so in comes one of the old boys to 'steady the ship', then next year, after theyve sold their best players, he becomes the scapegoat.

Looks like I got me Barca Rijkaard ashtray just in time. :lol:

I watched the game in a bar in Barcelona last night and it just looked like they had a team of midgets and children playing a team of men.

No Problem for a club like Barca to change manager, they employ the same three tier management system as we do here.

Albeit we stole if from Spanish teams.

Still has the daily mail confused though :lol:

No Problem for a club like Barca to change manager, they employ the same three tier management system as we do here.

Albeit we stole if from Spanish teams.

Still has the daily mail confused though :lol:

:lol:

This could be interesting.

He might join newcastle for 6 months of ridiculous wages and a massive pay-off, as soon as London Mike upsets the messiah causing him to exit swiftly after throwing all his toys outta the pram.

He might join newcastle for 6 months of ridiculous wages and a massive pay-off, as soon as London Mike upsets the messiah causing him to exit swiftly after throwing all his toys outta the pram.

Nice one cockfoster.

I agree (but secretly he'll just be FFS wearing a lifelike mask).

I agree (but secretly he'll just be FFS wearing a lifelike mask).

It is a real possibility though. London Mike & Wise will prove too much for the messiah and the only way to appease the booing hoards would be to appoint a big name. He wouldn`t stay longer than a season but hey....what`s new!

Arnt Barca supposed to be in a huge amount of debt? the fans have also turned on laporta too.

so in comes one of the old boys to 'steady the ship', then next year, after theyve sold their best players, he becomes the scapegoat.

I can't ever see Pep becoming the scapegoat amongst the Catalunians.

That was fucking disgusting like, I must admit. As Jack Charlton said, I'd have chinned him.

When Koeman wiped his arse with a German shirt in 1988 it was even worse.

But I am actually quite a fan of Dutch football.

Guest alex
That was fucking disgusting like, I must admit. As Jack Charlton said, I'd have chinned him.

So am I. I actually swapped allegiances during that 1990 game though. Temporarily, obviously :lol:

:lol:

So am I. I actually swapped allegiances during that 1990 game though. Temporarily, obviously :lol:

One of my favourite games. It had everything. I changed my opinion about Klinsmann who was just terrific.

But Johnny is right, I can't stand Rijkhard since then. Every time I see him he looks to me as if he is to start spitting the next moment.

Guest alex

One of my favourite games. It had everything. I changed my opinion about Klinsmann who was just terrific.

But Johnny is right, I can't stand Rijkhard since then. Every time I see him he looks to me as if he is to start spitting the next moment.

Klinsmann was fantastic then, aye. I would say one of the best defensive performances I've seen was Des Walker marking him in the semi, especially when you consider the form Klinsmann was in at the time.

Klinsmann was fantastic then, aye. I would say one of the best defensive performances I've seen was Des Walker marking him in the semi, especially when you consider the form Klinsmann was in at the time.

Me Granda absolutely loved Des Walker, not sure of any reason behind it though. Always used to bang on about him not being the same after going to Italy.

Guest alex

Me Granda absolutely loved Des Walker, not sure of any reason behind it though. Always used to bang on about him not being the same after going to Italy.

Of course it was good old Sven at Sampdoria who thought he should play at RB. Never a great footballer mind, but a class defender. Very pacy at his peak.

I thought scousers were meant to be funny, Oh! I forgot, you're not even a scouser, now fuck off with your shit patter, soft lad!