Only £20 million to spend according to this

Snake

Also dont confuse income with gross profit or nett profit. If we have an income of £100M (gates, Sky income, commercial sales), in the past on similar turnover we have lost money. Part of this though was to shareholders which we do not now have the burden of.

How many big football clubs in Europe are running at a profit and not carrying debt? Not many I'd wager.

anyone else sick of this 100mill (gets bigger every week!) that is being held over our heads as a reason for lack of major investment ?

any chance mort gets thats all we here from him , ashleys spent 250mill , 100mill debt we didnt know about ! ,yeah right .

Are you questioning whether it's true, questioning whether it should impact the level of investment, or just plain annoyed that it's been mentioned more than once?

all three actually , im pretty sure we were told 80 mill at first , then they stuck the transfer fee's from last season on it and started throwing around the 100mill number as how much had been invested , now thats just purely debt apparently :D so yeah im not sure if its true .

you dont buy clubs and 100 mill debt pops up out of nowhere aswell .

should it impact investment ? its being used as a reason for lack of it , but is it our problem that the club was bought and the new owner supposedly found this debt ?

whats the debt for aswell , is it debt owed out in the future ? or debt we have now ,as ive heard stories that some of its for players transfer fee's thats still due ect , (only forked out 4 mill so far for oba ) if thats the case the money is in the player and nothing is lost , sell the player and get money back plus some of the debt .

The actual debt as per the accounts when Ashley took over was £80 million I think and was rising by £1 million every month. It is well documented that extra 'hidden debt' was found when his team looked deeper

Is there any evidence it was rising by £1m a month? I genuinely interested.

http://www.newcastlefcweb.co.uk/Latest-New..._laid_bare_.php

anyone else sick of this 100mill (gets bigger every week!) that is being held over our heads as a reason for lack of major investment ?

any chance mort gets thats all we here from him , ashleys spent 250mill , 100mill debt we didnt know about ! ,yeah right .

Are you questioning whether it's true, questioning whether it should impact the level of investment, or just plain annoyed that it's been mentioned more than once?

all three actually , im pretty sure we were told 80 mill at first , then they stuck the transfer fee's from last season on it and started throwing around the 100mill number as how much had been invested , now thats just purely debt apparently :D so yeah im not sure if its true .

you dont buy clubs and 100 mill debt pops up out of nowhere aswell .

should it impact investment ? its being used as a reason for lack of it , but is it our problem that the club was bought and the new owner supposedly found this debt ?

whats the debt for aswell , is it debt owed out in the future ? or debt we have now ,as ive heard stories that some of its for players transfer fee's thats still due ect , (only forked out 4 mill so far for oba ) if thats the case the money is in the player and nothing is lost , sell the player and get money back plus some of the debt .

The actual debt as per the accounts when Ashley took over was £80 million I think and was rising by £1 million every month. It is well documented that extra 'hidden debt' was found when his team looked deeper

Is there any evidence it was rising by £1m a month? I genuinely interested.

http://www.newcastlefcweb.co.uk/Latest-New..._laid_bare_.php

72% isn't that high actually.

Man utd are in something like £700m debt and that never gets a mention they shouldn't be allowed to compete with that much debt.

There has been talk in Uefa circles about this kind of thing recently but I can't remember where I read it.