No win no fee solicitors

LeazesMag

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone ever used one ?

How do they compare with the "normal" ones ?

PM me if you prefer. TIA

No win no fee or Conditional Fee is simply one method of funding offered by Solicitors in some types of work. The Solicitor should go through all of the funding options with you and advise if this is the most appropriate for the type of case you wish to pursue. They are only likely to accept a case on a no win no fee basis if the prospects of success are sufficiently high but once a case is accepted there is likely to be little difference in the way the case is pursued.

I'd be adverse to using one simply because of the adverts, also they seem to promote the litigious blame culture which would have us all merrily suing each other all day because we fell over.

but other than this useless, baseless and unhelpful opinion I've got nothing :icon_lol:

I'd be adverse to using one simply because of the adverts, also they seem to promote the litigious blame culture which would have us all merrily suing each other all day because we fell over.

but other than this useless, baseless and unhelpful opinion I've got nothing :icon_lol:

It is generally not Solicitors firms that run these adverts but Claims Management companies who then try and sell the claims to Solicitors who much prefer it if people contact them direct rather than having to pay a middleman.

Contrary to popular opinion a Solicitor will only accept a claim on a Conditonal Fee basis if there are good prospects of success or they won't get paid and the number of Personal Injury claims is actually decreasing rather than increasing.

It is generally not Solicitors firms that run these adverts but Claims Management companies who then try and sell the claims to Solicitors who much prefer it if people contact them direct rather than having to pay a middleman.

Contrary to popular opinion a Solicitor will only accept a claim on a Conditonal Fee basis if there are good prospects of success or they won't get paid and the number of Personal Injury claims is actually decreasing rather than increasing.

Is that in proportion to the number of claims that are being lodged?

by that I mean, are the majority of claims not worth while, so the solicitors aren't taking them on and this workload means legitimate claims are falling by the wayside?

Is that in proportion to the number of claims that are being lodged?

by that I mean, are the majority of claims not worth while, so the solicitors aren't taking them on and this workload means legitimate claims are falling by the wayside?

All claims have to be registered with something called the Compensation Recovery Unit (part of DWP). The number of claims being registered is falling so less claims in total are being made.

That's interesting; is it reaction to the backlash against litigiousness or just a settling down to a "normal level" of such frivolous claims?

It may be obvious I am contemptuous of the majority of minor claims. :icon_lol:

That's interesting; is it reaction to the backlash against litigiousness or just a settling down to a "normal level" of such frivolous claims?

So what have you got against the legal system? Someone sued you for maliciously casting on their settee etc. etc.

Guest alex

So what have you got against the legal system? Someone sued you for maliciously casting on their settee etc. etc.

You're not wrong.

It may be obvious I am contemptuous of the majority of minor claims. :cuppa:

You're not wrong.

I agree.

the Legal system? nothing in particular and you'll note at no point did I defame the legal system. I just don't like this culture whereby we're encouraged to blame misfortune on others for cash.

the Legal system? nothing in particular and you'll note at no point did I defame the legal system. I just don't like this culture whereby we're encouraged to blame misfortune on others for cash.

That is the legal system I'm afraid. It was before no win no fee and still is, just prior to that it was generally harder to do.

Guest alex

That is the legal system I'm afraid. It was before no win no fee and still is, just prior to that it was generally harder to do.

You're not wrong.

You're not wrong.

Aye, you're right.

divvent worry about it mate, nobody's fell over a kerb and broke a toenail here

:victory:

When I say legal system, I'm talking more about the actual process, not the machinations people employ to get more money into their business. I think the UK justice system could be a lot worse. I especially dislike the american plea bargaining thing.

I was talking about the ad-men and bean counters who have turned, what should be a way to right wrongs and balance injustice, into yet another money making scheme.

When I say legal system, I'm talking more about the actual process, not the machinations people employ to get more money into their business. I think the UK justice system could be a lot worse. I especially dislike the american plea bargaining thing.

I was talking about the ad-men and bean counters who have turned, what should be a way to right wrongs and balance injustice, into yet another money making scheme.

Nice backtrack. 9 out of 10. :victory:

Guest alex

Nice backtrack. 9 out of 10. :victory:

More of a clarification I'd say. An alien concept to you like (see the Sven thread).

Nice backtrack. 9 out of 10. :icon_lol:

More of a clarification I'd say. An alien concept to you like (see the Sven thread).

Nope it's just grade A back tracking.

However you agreed his luck ran out, it's no use trying to back track now. 1 out of 10. :victory:

Guest alex

Nice backtrack. 9 out of 10. :icon_lol:

However you agreed his luck ran out, it's no use trying to back track now. 1 out of 10. :victory:

No, that was me taking the piss. I think everyone else spotted that btw.

Nice backtrack. 9 out of 10. :blush:

However you agreed his luck ran out, it's no use trying to back track now. 1 out of 10. :icon_lol:

No, that was me taking the piss. I think everyone else spotted that btw.

0.5 out of 10 (you're getting worse :victory: )

Guest alex

I note you replied to Fish hours afterwards when he wasn't online either . Messageboard cowardice, by your own definition, at least :cuppa: