The Big 4, Is the Big 3?

JaMoUsE

Is it just me or does anyone else not understand the big 4 thing?

Yes Liverpool have won trophies in Europe but would any of you seriously put your own money on them at the start of a new season to win the title?

Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U yes but Liverpool No

Look at their record this year against the Other 3 in the big 4 in the PL. They didnt win 1 of the 6 fixtures home or away.

I agree they are better than 'The Rest' so to say. But i still think theyre a country mile from the Big 3

Anyone agree/Disagree? (torres)

Yes Liverpool have won trophies in Europe but would any of you seriously put your own money on them at the start of a new season to win the title?

Look at their record this year against the Other 3 in the big 4 in the PL. They didnt win 1 of the 6 fixtures home or away.

I agree they are better than 'The Rest' so to say. But i still think theyre a country mile from the Big 3

Agree and Arsenal have to be careful as there is a little gap there now as well.

Should it be?

They're right about Liverpool, the gap in quality is palpable, but then again, Liverpool's superiority to those beneath them is similarly obvious too.

They're without a doubt the best of the rest at the minute, but they shouldn't think that position is in anyway safe. Everton, Villa, Spurs and even ourselves* could push them far harder next season (* with the right signings).

Where do the goals come from if Torres suffers the second season syndrome or, worse, leaves? What happens if Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeee gets injured? Two injuries and you've suddenly got a staggeringly inferior team, the same can't be said for Everton, Villa or Spurs. If Everton lose Arteta and Cahill they still manage to win games with goals from all over the park, ditto Villa. If they lose Barry and Young for example I'd still fancy them to create and finish chances.

I think we're different because it's only really Owen who could be said to be a player of similar importance to the club.

Agree and Arsenal have to be careful as there is a little gap there now as well.

I agree in one sense although there both is a Top 4 and then a second tier within that Top 4.

Guest alex
Top 4 is CL football. Easy one.

Which suggests to me that the so-called 'big 4' is a bit of a false notion based purely on that one thing.

Which suggests to me that the so-called 'big 4' is a bit of a false notion based purely on that one thing.

Based on the same 4 clubs getting those places for the last four years?

Guest alex

Based on the same 4 clubs getting those places for the last four years?

No, from my point of view it isn't exactly a big four based on one of them never winning or really looking like winning the Premiership since its inception. I accept Liverpool are well ahead of the rest of the chasing pack though.

Should it be?

They're right about Liverpool, the gap in quality is palpable, but then again, Liverpool's superiority to those beneath them is similarly obvious too.

They're without a doubt the best of the rest at the minute, but they shouldn't think that position is in anyway safe. Everton, Villa, Spurs and even ourselves* could push them far harder next season (* with the right signings).

Where do the goals come from if Torres suffers the second season syndrome or, worse, leaves? What happens if Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeee gets injured? Two injuries and you've suddenly got a staggeringly inferior team, the same can't be said for Everton, Villa or Spurs. If Everton lose Arteta and Cahill they still manage to win games with goals from all over the park, ditto Villa. If they lose Barry and Young for example I'd still fancy them to create and finish chances.

I think we're different because it's only really Owen who could be said to be a player of similar importance to the club.

Agreed.