How do we intend to push on?

Park Life

Setting aside the winter of our discontent we look forward to the summer of our rebirth.

In the hot seat one of the most enigmatic managers to grace the game and an owner whos net worth is stellar gives us a real chance now to set down a marker.

How would you wish us to proceed?

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend little.

I'd say just what can be recouped from sales and some of the TV money.

The change in manager is worth ten points over the season, and one or two proven attacking central midfielders will be worth that again.

Once we're in Europe, then spend huge on BIG BIG names.

Edited by Happy Face

We need a few sensible acquisitions. If agree with HF, while we may have money to spend we're not going to attract really high calibre players if we can't offer European football. What we need are a small number of players who can get us into that position next year without offering silly money to players to make up for that lack of European competition.

We need a few sensible acquisitions. If agree with HF, while we may have money to spend we're not going to attract really high calibre players if we can't offer European football. What we need are a small number of players who can get us into that position next year without offering silly money to players to make up for that lack of European competition.

I'd get bids in for Dunne, Wright Phillips, Sidwell and Arshavin pronto. That would be most of our problems sorted in one go. Combined £28m.

I consider £30m ish...About right. Wages will be more or less covered by the exit of Smith, Duff, Cacapa and Zoggy (wages and fees).

Keep a hold of Owen.

Slap £20m on Martins head.

As said earlier with KK we can safely see the garnering of another 12 points or so with the current squad, with some astute spending we may add another 10.

It's easy this football lark. :D:icon_lol:

Guest alex

I'd get bids in for Dunne, Wright Phillips, Sidwell and Arshavin pronto. That would be most of our problems sorted in one go. Combined £28m.

I consider £30m ish...About right. Wages will be more or less covered by the exit of Smith, Duff, Cacapa and Zoggy (wages and fees).

Keep a hold of Owen.

As said earlier with KK we can safely see the garnering of another 12 points or so with the current squad, with some astute spending we may add another 10.

We might even finish above Arsenal.

Keep a hold of Owen.

We don't have enough ambition for that.

Guest alex

Keep a hold of Owen.

I was taking the piss out of your pre-season prediction numbnuts.

Keep a hold of Owen.

Agreed, I'd love those 4 here tbh.

Keep a hold of Owen.

I'd agree with that as far as signings go, not sure about sidwell, think we could do better than that, at least get someone who has played football this season, a long time on the bench can destroy players (ala duff, he was injured too but still) I'd have harper from reading as long as he got a shirt that fit and there are one or two from birmingham I'd take that we could probably get reasonably cheap

Keep a hold of Owen.

It wasn't a prediction it was speculation to garner debate. Did they win anything this year btw? :blush:

Guest alex

Keep a hold of Owen.

It wasn't a prediction it was speculation to garner debate. Did they win anything this year btw? :blush:

You were speculating there was a good chance we'd finish above them weren't you?

Keep a hold of Owen.

I'd agree with that as far as signings go, not sure about sidwell, think we could do better than that, at least get someone who has played football this season, a long time on the bench can destroy players (ala duff, he was injured too but still) I'd have harper from reading as long as he got a shirt that fit and there are one or two from birmingham I'd take that we could probably get reasonably cheap

Aye there is that young DM at Brum forget his name.

Keep a hold of Owen.

You were speculating there was a good chance we'd finish above them weren't you?

:D

Not predicting. :)

Guest alex

Keep a hold of Owen.

It's easy this football lark. :blush::D

It wasn't a prediction it was speculation to garner debate. Did they win anything this year btw? :)

Not predicting. :D

:icon_lol: I was taking the piss out of your speculation then.

Edited by alex

Keep a hold of Owen.

muamba? I'd take kapo too, bit of power for the midfield which does lack muscle really

Keep a hold of Owen.

It wasn't a prediction it was speculation to garner debate. Did they win anything this year btw? :D

...and you're always welcome to do that. :)

Keep a hold of Owen.

muamba? I'd take kapo too, bit of power for the midfield which does lack muscle really

Muamba aye. What about Jerome??

Spurs are meant to be after Kapo.

well we shold be too fluked euro cup or no we should be at least trying for the same level of player IMO and he's a good player who adapted well to the prem in a position we need strengthening

plus if he chose birmingham then he can't be to bothered about being in london

Guest alex

Keep a hold of Owen.

It wasn't a prediction it was speculation to garner debate. Did they win anything this year btw? :D

...and you're always welcome to do that. :)

No fun in it tbh. Too easy.

honest i think this seasons all about cutting the fat , we cant push on till we get rid of some of the dead weight thats on 60kpw+ .

while there still on the books its limiting trasfers as there is no cash left to pay wages at the club for any new players .

gonna be years before we push on with mikes stratergy aswell , by the time some of the youth he's intending on buying come good , keegan will be long gone .

honest i think this seasons all about cutting the fat , we cant push on till we get rid of some of the dead weight thats on 60kpw+ .

while there still on the books its limiting trasfers as there is no cash left to pay wages at the club for any new players .

gonna be years before we push on with mikes stratergy aswell , by the time some of the youth he's intending on buying come good , keegan will be long gone .

true enough but it can't be all we do,we need to strengthen as well, our squad is already pretty small

Guest alex

How many more fucking written-off 'transition' seasons do we have to endure like? We must have had about 4 in row now.

Have to disagree, I don't think KK would be hanging around if he couldn't bring 2/3 good players in.

How many more fucking written-off 'transition' seasons do we have to endure like? We must have had about 4 in row now.

Exactly, we need to get into some action or we'll just stay in midtable and become basically what villa were a couple of seasons ago, just a place filler