How do we intend to push on?

Park Life

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honest i think this seasons all about cutting the fat , we cant push on till we get rid of some of the dead weight thats on 60kpw+ .

while there still on the books its limiting trasfers as there is no cash left to pay wages at the club for any new players .

gonna be years before we push on with mikes stratergy aswell , by the time some of the youth he's intending on buying come good , keegan will be long gone .

You really need to get the doctor to up your dosage.

How many more fucking written-off 'transition' seasons do we have to endure like? We must have had about 4 in row now.

I agree. ANOTHER transition season when there's no reason for it other than Mike Ashley wants to get spending down. Well, season tickets are the same price aren't they? Yet there's no hope of competing if we don't get some very decent players in.

Selling teenagers on for profit isn't the most fun thing I've ever looked forward to either.... :icon_lol:

It could all be a smokescreen, if we've got a few world class signings and got Owen to sign another contract I'll be happy...much less and I think we can all kiss goodbye to dreams of revisiting the glory days of the mid 90s.

This calls for immediate discussion.

Meetings in London though... :icon_lol::D

tbf it is the busniess capital of the country, with both the premier league and FA based there as well as ashleys other businesses

hardly that shocking he conducts his business there

How many more fucking written-off 'transition' seasons do we have to endure like? We must have had about 4 in row now.

I agree. ANOTHER transition season when there's no reason for it other than Mike Ashley wants to get spending down. Well, season tickets are the same price aren't they? Yet there's no hope of competing if we don't get some very decent players in.

Selling teenagers on for profit isn't the most fun thing I've ever looked forward to either.... :icon_lol:

It could all be a smokescreen, if we've got a few world class signings and got Owen to sign another contract I'll be happy...much less and I think we can all kiss goodbye to dreams of revisiting the glory days of the mid 90s.

I honestly can't see Ashers pissing around, we'll get players KK wants (within reason).

I honestly can't see Ashers pissing around, we'll get players KK wants (within reason).

It's driving me schizophrenic. :blush:

Some days I think we're in for a great summer and new season, other times I think it's all a big ruse and we're going to get shafted!! :D

*repeatedly washes hands*

tbh, this is probably the most transitional season of them all. With Ashley actually putting his demands in place since his takeover and club review e.g spending and pay policies, and Keegan having his first full season in charge.

This season could be one of the most critical in our history. If Ashley doesn't want to spend big and next season ends up going pear-shaped NUFC could be Championship-bound with no-one wanting to sign for us, fans not wanting to see us, the manager getting the sack etc etc etc.

Conversely, should the one or two players we do sign make the difference, things could be set for take off again.

Guest alex

tbh, this is probably the most transitional season of them all. With Ashley actually putting his demands in place since his takeover and club review e.g spending and pay policies, and Keegan having his first full season in charge.

This season could be one of the most critical in our history. If Ashley doesn't want to spend big and next season ends up going pear-shaped NUFC could be Championship-bound with no-one wanting to sign for us, fans not wanting to see us, the manager getting the sack etc etc etc.

Conversely, should the one or two players we do sign make the difference, things could be set for take off again.

Aye, I was more saying we're sick of it being an excuse for being shite again. I wouldn't mind a genuine transition season as such which is why I put it in quotes before.

Aye, I was more saying we're sick of it being an excuse for being shite again. I wouldn't mind a genuine transition season as such which is why I put it in quotes before.

How am I supposed to see your quotation marks at my age??? :icon_lol::D:blush:

Some days I think we're in for a great summer and new season, other times I think it's all a big ruse and we're going to get shafted!! :D

It takes time to learn the way of the Parky. :)

It takes time to learn the way of the Parky. :D

Nah, an overdose of drugs also does the trick... :)

It's driving me schizophrenic. :)

It takes time to learn the way of the Parky. :D

Nah, an overdose of drugs also does the trick... :D

:blush::D

honest i think this seasons all about cutting the fat , we cant push on till we get rid of some of the dead weight thats on 60kpw+ .

while there still on the books its limiting trasfers as there is no cash left to pay wages at the club for any new players .

gonna be years before we push on with mikes stratergy aswell , by the time some of the youth he's intending on buying come good , keegan will be long gone .

Have to disagree, I don't think KK would be hanging around if he couldn't bring 2/3 good players in.

i dont think they will be the type of players he wanted to bring in tho , maybe like modric if a star comes up for sale we will push the boat out , but only if they are the right side of 25 .

all speculation (but whats wrong with some banter ?) but the club surely wont let keegan have full reign over tranfers we bring in , what if he wanted 3 experienced (28+)players ? cant see us letting him spend the budget on that can you ?

be nice to think kev and wise had there own budgets , wise's youth targets shouldnt come under keegans domain unless they look close to breaking the first team .

a good scenario would be keegan getting a sum of money per year todo what the hell he likes with and allowed to make cash through player sale , and wise to get a lump sum for prospects . then if ever a player comes along thats to good to not go in for , splash out , id like to think we'd splash out when and where is nescasary like , you cant call them trophy signings when they do the business out on the pitch .

Have to disagree, I don't think KK would be hanging around if he couldn't bring 2/3 good players in.

i dont think they will be the type of players he wanted to bring in tho , maybe like modric if a star comes up for sale we will push the boat out , but only if they are the right side of 25 .

all speculation (but whats wrong with some banter ?) but the club surely wont let keegan have full reign over tranfers we bring in , what if he wanted 3 experienced (28+)players ? cant see us letting him spend the budget on that can you ?

be nice to think kev and wise had there own budgets , wise's youth targets shouldnt come under keegans domain unless they look close to breaking the first team .

a good scenario would be keegan getting a sum of money per year todo what the hell he likes with and allowed to make cash through player sale , and wise to get a lump sum for prospects . then if ever a player comes along thats to good to not go in for , splash out , id like to think we'd splash out when and where is nescasary like , you cant call them trophy signings when they do the business out on the pitch .

The strategy will be balanced and although I can't see mega fees wanting to be paid on older players (28+), I'm sure they won't be discounted out of hand. I like your idea that a certain amount of money could be set aside for KK to do what he really believes in, but on the other hand there is no reason why a round robin type discussion can't be held on all purchases. Wise might be a bit jumpy, but by all reports he has aged well and did do good things at Leeds. Vetere is another who has the type of knowledge that can unearth gems from Portugal and Spain and I reckon he will come up with the odd surprise. There is money to spend but the message is be a little careful this season.

Guest Patrokles

The strategy will be balanced and although I can't see mega fees wanting to be paid on older players (28+), I'm sure they won't be discounted out of hand. I like your idea that a certain amount of money could be set aside for KK to do what he really believes in, but on the other hand there is no reason why a round robin type discussion can't be held on all purchases. Wise might be a bit jumpy, but by all reports he has aged well and did do good things at Leeds. Vetere is another who has the type of knowledge that can unearth gems from Portugal and Spain and I reckon he will come up with the odd surprise. There is money to spend but the message is be a little careful this season.

But there's the problem. I'm not sure how willing Keegan would be to go along with someone like Vetere.

Guest alex

KK's going to have to put his faith in others in terms of unearthing young talent and scouting players etc. I doubt he'll have a problem with that anyway but if he does have he won't be successful here.

Edited by alex

Guest Patrokles
KK's going to have to put his faith in others in terms of unearthing young talent and scouting players etc. I doubt he'll have a problem with that anyway but if he does have he won't be successful here.

I'm sure when it comes to youth and scouting it will be fine, to an extent. But I feel like he already has targets in mind and that they're perhaps being taken less seriously by the board than Vetere's. No evidence, btw. Just a gut feeling.

Guest alex

I'm sure when it comes to youth and scouting it will be fine, to an extent. But I feel like he already has targets in mind and that they're perhaps being taken less seriously by the board than Vetere's. No evidence, btw. Just a gut feeling.

I'd like to think he has pretty much the final say though. He was supposed to have been looking at Gomis which suggests he will take a look at any big money signings at least. Anyway, wait and see, eh?

Guest Patrokles

I'd like to think he has pretty much the final say though. He was supposed to have been looking at Gomis which suggests he will take a look at any big money signings at least. Anyway, wait and see, eh?

Aye. Fingers crossed!

Haven't all managers always had scouts who suggest players to them? I don't know why there's all this fuss about Wise and his boys being the ones looking. Unless they start unearthing gems like Fumaca.

Guest alex
Haven't all managers always had scouts who suggest players to them? I don't know why there's all this fuss about Wise and his boys being the ones looking. Unless they start unearthing gems like Fumaca.

And it has to be better than the situation the club had previously been in with regard to its (non-existent) scouting network.

And it has to be better than the situation the club had previously been in with regard to its (non-existent) scouting network.

I still can't ever over the fact we only ever had one scout. :cuppa: