Toon stars fight over wages

Jimbo

Toon stars pulled apart in pay row

By SHAUN CUSTIS

Published: 14 May 2008

NEWCASTLE stars Charles N’Zogbia and Abdoulaye Faye had to be dragged apart hours before the final game of the season at Everton.

The pair got into a furious row about wages. A Toon source said: “There has been a lot of bickering about wages.

"Charles can be a wind-up merchant and Abdoulaye didn’t take very kindly to it.

“It was incredibly heated but the other players calmed them down.”

Resentment is simmering over huge disparities in contracts between players brought in during the regime of previous chairman Freddy Shepherd and those signed under new owner Mike Ashley.

Guest Patrokles

If it's true then N'Zogbia's pretty stupid, as well as a cock. Who would be the last person to start a fight with in the dressing room?

If it's true then N'Zogbia's pretty stupid, as well as a cock. Who would be the last person to start a fight with in the dressing room?

I dunno like, Faye has something of the gentle giant about him. Barton, on the other hand...

Can't imagine Keegan playing one or both of them if that was the case, like.

Didn't have much of a choice considering the lack of quality on the bench.

We were playing for nowt. It didn't really matter.

Hasn't Keegan said something like "they don't have to get along off the pitch, as long as they do on it. Some of the players were trying to kill each other in training when I first came here."

Don't see why there shouldn't be any truth init, or why it should be a problem. Zoggy's away anyway.

Guest alex

Hang on a minute - how come the likes of Barton and Smith are meant to be on megabucks if there's such a disparity between those brought in under the previous regime and this one. Because I can't imagine N'Zogbia is on as much as those two.

Hang on a minute - how come the likes of Barton and Smith are meant to be on megabucks if there's such a disparity between those brought in under the previous regime and this one. Because I can't imagine N'Zogbia is on as much as those two.

Smith's reportedly on £62K

Taylor's people said he's not asking for £52K, he just wants parity with Zoggy and Milner, so they must be on less than that.

Haven't got a clue where Faye fall in that lot.

As well as all this, didn't Zoggy actually sign his latest deal under the stewardship of Ashley?

One can detect the feignt aroma of a gurnard eminating from this story

Guest alex
As well as all this, didn't Zoggy actually sign his latest deal under the stewardship of Ashley?

I was going to mention that too but I wasn't sure.

I was going to mention that too but I wasn't sure.

Pretty sure he signed it recently.

Smith's reportedly on £62K

Taylor's people said he's not asking for £52K, he just wants parity with Zoggy and Milner, so they must be on less than that.

Haven't got a clue where Faye fall in that lot.

:cuppa:

I wouldn't be surprised to find the root of this bovine excrement being Charlie's agent trying to stir some unrest and getting him a move away from the club...

Fucking disgraceful if it is...

Load of Bollocks I reckon although should Zoggy be stupid enough to pick a fight with anyone the Faye shouldnt be at the top of the list, I think most of the lads would give him a kickin` with the exception of Duff