CVs

wykikitoon

Hi Guys

I am just updating my CV. The CV I have at the moment hasnt been a problem in the past it got me 4 interviews last year. Anyways I am thinking I am getting to the age now that they dont really need to know my school grades and are more interested in what I can do professionally.

Anyways, below is what the format I have at the moment.

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Now, I am thinking I should be going for the following:

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

Personal Statement is key on decent CV these days. Short paragraph effectively selling yourself and highlighting your qualities.

Personal Statement is key on decent CV these days. Short paragraph effectively selling yourself and highlighting your qualities.

Aye I am working on mine at the moment, its quite tough.

Always have your employment history first with your most recent job first in the list

If you have on the job experience they wont care what GCSE's you have

The order you have looks pretty similar to what i would have suggested

For each job state the skills used/acquired.

Also list skills with length of time used + level of expertise eg

SQL Server 9 years - expert level

That's the kind of info that catches my eye - what can you do and how deep is your knowledge.

Aye I am working on mine at the moment, its quite tough.

I am a keen hardworking team player, who enjoys a challenge and will willingly attempt any task which is offered. I have been in the {industry type} industry since {leaving school | year} and have picked up many skills during that time. As my role has gradually changed over the years, I have welcomed the new responsibilities and taken to them with interest and a great deal of enthusiasm.

Job done. :cuppa:

As for what to include, I've just got three sections on mine, Career History, Training & Qualifications and Personal Details.

Edited by MrBass

Remember to avoid unnecessary apostrophes. :cuppa:

And if you're SO, always include a pic of your cock! :victory:

I suspect SO writes his CV on his cock and just submits that.

Hi Guys

I am just updating my CV. The CV I have at the moment hasnt been a problem in the past it got me 4 interviews last year. Anyways I am thinking I am getting to the age now that they dont really need to know my school grades and are more interested in what I can do professionally.

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

Keep it to a page and a half max. Fill it with what you can do and plant plenty of the keywords of the job advert in it (that is a really good tip!)

Don`t include your hobbies because no one gives a fuck.

Hi Guys

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

Keep it to a page and a half max. Fill it with what you can do and plant plenty of the keywords of the job advert in it (that is a really good tip!)

This is prob why all scousers are unemployed :cuppa:

Even when formatted to hell, my qualifications and skills are apporx 3/4 of a page. I put my hobbies as people are interested in my experiance.

I work in a specific field so my employment history and experiance is important, so at the moment I have it on two and a half pages, I cant get it any smaller.

2 or 3 pages is fine if its an employment history - I would query one which was that brief it had gaps covering longish periods.

I had one to look at a couple of months ago which was 16 pages - too far the other way - it was like a diary of what the bloke had done every day of his life.

Yeh

I know one copntract lad who has similar. He is a contract lad who moves a lot "due to tax etc" thats what he says. The real reason, he gets small contracts because people look at his CV and think "shite, why does he move loads!" and after 3 months they know why. He's gash :cuppa:

Hi Guys

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

This is prob why all scousers are unemployed :cuppa:

Even when formatted to hell, my qualifications and skills are apporx 3/4 of a page. I put my hobbies as people are interested in my experiance.

I work in a specific field so my employment history and experiance is important, so at the moment I have it on two and a half pages, I cant get it any smaller.

Using a spell check is always advisable anarl :icon_lol::victory:

Hi Guys

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

This is prob why all scousers are unemployed :calmdown:

Using a spell check is always advisable anarl ;):lol:

:icon_lol:

Hi Guys

Personal Details

Further Education

School

Training

Skills

Hobbies & Interests

Employment History

Personal Details

Employment History

Skills

Training

Education

Hobbies & Interests

What you think?

This is prob why all scousers are unemployed :calmdown:

Using a spell check is always advisable anarl ;):lol:

:icon_lol:

lass from work just rang you No to talk about Cv. left message for you. have fun