Lamine Diatta Released

khay

Nine minute hero....

The career of Newcastle defender Lamine Diatta has also ended, with the 32 year-old Senegalese international having made two sub appearances in the first team, totalling nine minutes (Reading home, West Ham away).

His short-term contract won't be renewed, but alleged interest from one or two other clubs could yet see him turning out against us in the Premier League next season.

From .com

Expected, but it was a good move by Keegan. At the time things weren't going well and at any time we could have been hit with injuries so he got cover in for free (wages apart) with no need to keep the guy on after the season ended unless he'd looked pretty special in tarinign etc. and gave Keegan soemthing to think about.

Expected, but it was a good move by Keegan. At the time things weren't going well and at any time we could have been hit with injuries so he got cover in for free (wages apart) with no need to keep the guy on after the season ended unless he'd looked pretty special in tarinign etc. and gave Keegan soemthing to think about.

Yep, it's all part and parcel of the modern game.

:cuppa:

:victory:

:cuppa:

I'm far too lazy to look back and check my typing which is often appalling! For some reason one of my hands must type faster than the other so letters end up out of synch!

:blush:

:icon_lol:

I'm far too lazy to look back and check my typing which is often appalling! For some reason one of my hands must type faster than the other so letters end up out of synch!

:tumbleweed::victory:

Could it be that one of your hands gets more ... "exercise"? :cuppa:

I was at both!

I seen his entire NUFC career :victory:

Be prepared. In later years, some fucka on here will say the inevitable 'who the....etc etc' and you will be able to slag them off :cuppa:

:icon_lol::blush:

:tumbleweed::rip::)

• 7 months later...
Former Newcastle United defender Lamine Diatta has joined Stoke City on trial, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

The Senegal international, who arrived at Stoke's Trent Vale training ground on Monday, has been without a club since leaving Newcastle in May.

Diatta spent two months with the Magpies last season, making only two substitute appearances.

The 33-year-old, who began his career with French side Toulouse, played for Senegal in the 2002 World Cup.