Deco to leave Barcelona

duckerDavies

Ranieri: Juventus can't afford to waste transfer cash

tribalfootball.com - January 18, 2008

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri admits they must get their signings right this summer.

After admitting that Tiago and Sergio Almiron have failed to live up to expectations, Ranieri declared today: "They (Juve's backers) want a great team, we cannot make mistakes with our next acquisitions.

"We will have to manage our money well. Regrettably for us, we are at a disadvantage. Others buy to maintain themselves at a high-level, Juve to reach it.

"Nor do we have a (Inter Milan president) Massimo Moratti who can release £70 million."

Tuttosport says Juve have a £20 million-plus budget to make one major signing at the end of this season with Diego (Werder Bremen), Frank Lampard (Chelsea) and Deco (Barcelona) the top three names on their shopping list. Ranieri favours bringing Brazil international Diego to Turin in the summer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Barcelona midfielder Deco has begun a transfer scramble that is likely to involve Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle after announcing plans to quit the Nou Camp this summer if the club win no trophies.

The Portugal playmaker has been marginalised by coach Frank Rijkaard this season and the Barcelona board are prepared to sell him as part of a major shake-up of the club in the summer when Ronaldinho is also expected to depart.

Deco acknowledges his days at Barcelona may be coming to an end.

He said: "It's not a question of whether I feel valued or not, it's because I want to win. If I can't help the club win, perhaps I should leave."

Deco and Ronaldinho, blamed for Barca's demise since their 2006 Champions League win, have been repeatedly late for training.

Daily Mail.

Barcelona midfielder Deco has begun a transfer scramble that is likely to involve Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle after announcing plans to quit the Nou Camp this summer if the club win no trophies.

The Portugal playmaker has been marginalised by coach Frank Rijkaard this season and the Barcelona board are prepared to sell him as part of a major shake-up of the club in the summer when Ronaldinho is also expected to depart.

He said: "It's not a question of whether I feel valued or not, it's because I want to win. If I can't help the club win, perhaps I should leave."

Deco and Ronaldinho, blamed for Barca's demise since their 2006 Champions League win, have been repeatedly late for training.

Daily Mail.

If he can't win trophies with Barcelona, what better place to go to than Newcastle?

Daily Mail.

If he can't win trophies with Barcelona, what better place to go to than Newcastle?

We're one of the best clubs in the world for not winning trophies, I can see the draw tbh. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

He's too old (31 in the summer) to spend 15m Euro on or whatever. I'd rather invest the money (if that was the amounts we were throwing around) in younger players coming into their own.

Great player in many ways but I doubt he has the rigour to survive a full pelt PL campaign.

Just seen him at Newcastle Airport.....honest!

:P<_<B):yahoo::gettin::gettin:

:(:lol:

beardsley was 32 when he came back wasnt he ?

i heard ALOT of 'he's to old' back then , there was alot of humble pie eaten aswell :lol:

thats if its not bullshite anyway , but theres just something in this i reckon , ashleys billionare boys cigar club has him mingling with the like of pini zahavi and the rest of the main agents who sort out chelseas and manu's deals , deco's agents got links with some of our new lahndan lot i think.

the other agent our lahndan boys have good links with is the guy who brought tevez and mascherano over to whu aswell .

money talks and they will be able to smell it comming off ashley , just like they did roman .

Edited by Hadrian

• 1 month later...
Deco will be leaving Barcelona in the summer and has held meetings with his agent to find himself a new club in either Serie A or the Premier League.

The Portuguese international believes that the chapter of his life at Camp Nou is finished and he is looking forward to a new challenge, with various clubs maintaining an interest.

While claiming it is his decision, Deco was told by the club that he would not be part of the new look squad having failed to regain his fitness in the second half of the current campaign.

In December he announced that if the club did not win anything and things did not go as he hoped then he would look for something new: "To play for Barça is a dream that I have completed," he explained. "I came here and was successful.

"This is my fourth season and it has been fantastic overall, but we is we do not win something and things do not go wel, then I shall go."

Deco is one of the players that is reported to have abused Frank Rijkaard's lenient system of allowing players to choose their own schedule and he was warned about his behaviour last season.

Things did improve this term and, along with Ronaldinho, was told that he could not play again for the first team until he had returned to full fitness after missing so many sessions.

Pep Guardiola may not have taken the reins at Camp Nou yet, but he has told the board that while he recognises Deco's undoubted talent, he does not believe that the midfielder will ever return to the form he showed two years ago.

Inter and Manchester United had previously expressed an interest, but it is unlikely that the English club would make a move for him, while the Italians could still be tempted.

Guest Patrokles

Considering it's exactly the position we need to strengthen, we could do a lot worse. Not sure he'd come though.

was a good player

wrong age and wage to want him

i'd rather see us get someone younger and promising and give them a bit extra to make sure they sign

I dunno, watching him in the CL I'd still definately have him if it was right, he doesn't need pace in the middle and his passing and vision aren't things that will fade out as soon as he hits 30-32