Deco to leave Barcelona

duckerDavies

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they make these stories up. Why would Barcelona want Emre?

Why did Inter want Emre ?

Why did we want Emre ?

Why did we want Emre ?

These questions will baffle man until the ends of time.

Why did we want Emre ?

To be fair, I think Barca have a slightly bigger option on midfielders than we had at the time. Emre was the best we could really hope for; just a shame he's turned out to be shit.

Why did we want Emre ?

To be fair, I think Barca have a slightly bigger option on midfielders than we had at the time. Emre was the best we could really hope for; just a shame he's turned out to be shit.

I can see him doing a lot better abroad to be fair...he just doesn't seem like a Premiership player. He is class when he wants to be though.

Why did we want Emre ?

I can see him doing a lot better abroad to be fair...he just doesn't seem like a Premiership player. He is class when he wants to be though.

Doesn't he want to be?

Why did we want Emre ?

Doesn't he want to be?

Seemingly not... :)

Guest Patrokles

Emre's a quality player who was playing under poor management. Quite how anyone could have expected a creative midfielder to flourish under Souness or Roeder is entirely beyond me.

Edited by Patrokles

Emre's a quality player who was playing under poor management. Quite how anyone could have expected a creative midfielder to flourish under Souness or Roeder is entirely beyond me.

we've hardly seen the best of emre but i'm surprised at the amount of criticism he gets.

at least we've seen glimpses of what he can do. i'd blatantly swap him for deco if we had the chance but i'd wager that emre could force himself back into the starting eleven under big sam. he never looked suited to playing alongside parker but he was one of our better midfielders last season when he had a few games alongside nicky butt.

i'd certainly rather have him as a centre midfielder than smudger smith

Edited by Dr Gloom

anyone itk on this story? has it got any legs or is it complete tosh? it's not the first time we've heard of us being linked with him so i wonder if our interest is genuine. whether he would come is another matter

• 4 months later...
Deco has revealed that he will decide his future at Barcelona at the end of the season, but hinted that the pressure of the media could drive him out.

The Portuguese midfielder has been at the centre of allegations that that he is one of Edmilson's 'black sheep' and that he was not injured when left out of the team recently.

Reports such as those have dismayed the player, who was an integral part of the Blaugrana side that won two consecutive league titles and the UEFA Champions League.

Recent stories have quoted him as saying that he would like to go to England, with Manchester United being his preferred destination, but he was not willing to expand on these rumours.

"I do not want to speak about my future because I have a contract (until 2010), but some things are changing," he said.

"Right now I do not want to think about this because we are playing for the league and have many things to win.

"At the end of the season I will decide upon my future.

"Football has changed a lot and the good and the bad come and go very quickly. With so much news every day there are too many people talking about the game.

"In the end though, it is the fans that count and I have to thank them for being great."

Deco was delighted to hear the crowd chant his name as he came on as a substitute during Barca's Copa del Rey encounter in midweek against Sevilla.

"I have always said that the support people give you is the best thing I can say about the club," he continued.

"That is what is most important and it is what motivates me to carry on working until my last day here.

"People respect me. The fans are great and have been like that since I joined and that makes me proud because this is a huge club with so many great players."

:icon_lol: