Loan star Jonny on United's wish list

Sima

NEWCASTLE United are interested in stealing Jonny Evans from under Sunderland’s nose if he is made available for transfer this summer.

Kevin Keegan is in the market for defensive reinforcements and, while Manchester City skipper Richard Dunne, who has been made available for transfer in preparation for a new regime taking over at Eastlands, remains high on the manager’s preference list Evans has emerged as another serious summer target for United.

Having signed him on loan twice in the last two seasons Sunderland are also in the race to capture the highly-rated 20-year-old.

But The Journal understands that Newcastle have been paying close attention to his displays at the Stadium of Light and, after being handed several glowing reports of his progress, they are prepared to firm up their interest if Manchester United decide to sell Evans or make him available on loan once more.

The Northern Ireland international certainly fits the blueprint of the young, up-and-coming players that owner Mike Ashley wants the club to concentrate their recruitment efforts on – and with a value in the region of £7m he would not wipe out United’s transfer fund.

Dunne is another option for Newcastle,

and was one of only a handful of players on the list of transfer targets that Keegan took to his initial meetings with Executive Director (Football) Dennis Wise.

But if Evans is made available either on loan or permanently Newcastle would be interested in a player who proved his Premier League pedigree during the Black Cats’ successful fight against the drop this season.

A further complication for both clubs may yet emerge, however, with Barcelona refusing to relinquish their interest in Manchester United’s Spanish prospect Gerard Pique.

Reports in Spain yesterday claimed the Catalan giants are on the verge of re-signing the 20-year-old after the Champions League final, something that would make it even more difficult for any potential suitors to prise Evans from Old Trafford. For his part Evans would certainly be receptive to remaining in the North East if he was made available. It is where his girlfriend studies and he has settled well in the area during two separate loan spells at the Stadium of Light.

Despite his tender years the defender is a popular and influential member of the Sunderland dressing room, but he is also keen not to be seen to be agitating for a move away from Old Trafford.

Evans has now returned to Manchester United, where he will await a decision on his future later in the summer, with the player admitting the situation is “out of his control”.

“I’m not in control at all of what happens now,” he said. “I will just go back to Man United and keep my head down. You are not really in control of anything that goes on when you are under contract.

“If any club wants to bid for me, it is up to them and Man United to decide what happens. I don’t know what is going to happen and I won’t be knocking on Sir Alex Ferguson’s door asking questions because he is in charge and I’m sure he’ll let me know what’s happening.” While scouring the country for fresh young talent the future of one of Newcastle’s own up-and-coming stars still apparently hangs in the balance.

Charles N’Zogbia, who wanted to leave St James’s Park in the January transfer window, has been widely tipped to depart in the summer but the Frenchman has insisted he is happy at Newcastle.

N’Zogbia featured in the last two games of the season and could yet find a way back into the picture at St James’s Park. “I am happy at Newcastle United and, to tell the truth, I have always been,” he said.

“At the moment, all I am concentrating on in playing for the French Under-21 squad in Sweden at the end of this month and then, like the rest of the Newcastle squad, looking at what players we are going to get in the close season.”

Expect Oliver to rubbish it tonight, mackems flapping already

http://readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=327607

Ready To Go :

In other words they have nowt to print today so they will print a non-commital sensationalist suggestion which will get people buying.

:cuppa:

Fuck Ronaldo to Madrid - the real story at Manchester United is the future of Johnny Evans

That would be funny as fuck.

They all love him to bits!

It would be like a nuclear bomb of bitterness!

Either way!

Yeh they are bitter enough even for us to be linked with him :cuppa:

I just been on one of their boards and I've remembered why i stopped going over there.

They think they can sign Deco and there's always quotes like this regarding Evans...

The scum always try to link themselves to a top player who they know they have no chance of getting to sell season tickets. The unwashed always fall for it!!!!

Yeh our ambition lies with Evans, top top player :victory:

Good but not half as god as they think he is :icon_lol:

Tea + Keyboard

They are talking about Newcastle's PR trying to sell season tickets by linking ourselves with ''big'' players like Jonny Evans.

From the Deco thread...

If SAFC signed players of this calibre, I'd seriously think about investing in a season ticket.

:cuppa:

That's my last dealings with the Mackems today. They really are retarded.

the days when NUFC were the primary transfer draw in the NE look to be over, we are well financed well run and on the up. Can you say that about NUFC

Yes. Everybody will choose Sunderland over Newcastle :cuppa:

the days when NUFC were the primary transfer draw in the NE look to be over, we are well financed well run and on the up. Can you say that about NUFC

Yes. Everybody will choose Sunderland over Newcastle :icon_lol:

:cuppa::victory: Fucking hell man that's gold. I can't believe how much they are bigging up Johnny Evans, I guess he fits in well at Sunderland aka Man utd's reserve team. The annoying thing is they never shut up we beat them comfortably 2-0 and they still reckon they're better than us, it'll be the same after we twat them twice next season.

They think they have a better run club than us, what exactly are they basing that on?

'Sunderland a club for the future' and all that shite, it's everywhere on Ready to go.

Guest alex
They think they have a better run club than us, what exactly are they basing that on?

'Sunderland a club for the future' and all that shite, it's everywhere on Ready to go.

I think they've got a bit carried away at staying up for two seasons in a row. Understandable really.

I think some of them are actually being serious. There delusions are borderline insanity!

At least when we get carried away we have a decent basis on which to do so!

They laugh at us for trying to sign Rooney forgetting the fact that he actually said had Manchester United not come in for him he would be playing for us. Plus they forget about us signing Michael Owen, he wouldn't have went to Sunderland in a million years!

They reckon players like Deco will have heard of them, seriously. I think Sunderland have played like 2 games in europe or some shite. At least we have a lot of UEFA cup and Champions league behind us.

I ve just put somthing to the effect "* is still laughing at newspaper reports that state that Newcastle Utd think they could steal Jonny Evans if he becomes availible" on my FACEBOOK status. Within half an hour loads of my mates who are mags have returned fire "Who the fuck is Jonny Evans"

They have not a clue how good he is!! I agree that I doubt Newcastle will outbid us on any player this summer, judging by the noises coming from Sid James's

There's a reason why people haven't heard of him.

And have they forgotten about our £20m Modric bid?

I can guarantee you - and I'll say this now - Sunderland will not even bid that kind of money this summer.

Thick fuckers :calmdown:

Guest alex

I think they might spend a canny bit of money again. It's attracting decent players that'll be the problem. A similar position to us, albeit they're a bit further down the food chain.

They may not have the sort of money you'd expect. The Irish owners are getting a bit tired of their toy. The novelty factor has worn off with at least 2 of the group.

Apparently Keane's been promised another £50mil or so. Look what good £50mil did for them the season gone.

As for Evans, I've never really seen him in action but I heard that he might have made a difference when they played against us recently. Anybody know more about him?

Apparently Keane's been promised another £50mil or so. Look what good £50mil did for them the season gone.

As for Evans, I've never really seen him in action but I heard that he might have made a difference when they played against us recently. Anybody know more about him?

My Man U supporting mates rate him, that's about all I can say haven't watched sunderland much this season

I like RTG as I like to think most of it is tongue in cheek, but maybe I am giving them too much credit.

you would fit in well I imagine