Loan star Jonny on United's wish list

Sima

Guest alex
Shite Northern Ireland player

don't want him anywhere near the toon

just what we need another clubs rejected youngster whose only real step into the limelight was to be accused of rape

He's hardly shite like. And I'd rather take a youngster with something to prove than someone looking for a pay day after they've been rejected by someone like Man Utd later in their career.

just what we need another clubs rejected youngster whose only real step into the limelight was to be accused of rape

You're not biased at all in that respect :calmdown:

wow 5 ROI flags in your posts

Guest alex

He's hardly shite like. And I'd rather take a youngster with something to prove than someone looking for a pay day after they've been rejected by someone like Man Utd later in their career.

I'm all for taking youngsters, some of arsenals and united's are great, and would walk into alot of prem starting lineups

Evans isn't one of them, he's average at best

no thanks, esp not for the amount of money being mentioned

Rather see edgar get more games under his belt than us to splash a few quid on the likes of Evans.

Seen Evans play much? Or Edgar for that matter? Genuine question.

You're not biased at all in that respect :calmdown:

wow 5 ROI flags in your posts

Seeing as i was born in and and still currently live as i have done in Belfast for 26 years, i actually live about 6miles from where Jonny Evans is from in the same town so..

no, I'm not biased

I support republic because it's a bit like the rugby in Ireland, very mixed and no real hostility at it, the same can't be said if i had of went to a Northern Ireland game for many years (not so much now to be fair but theres still a bit), same reasons the likes of Neil Lennon finished playing for them.

asides from that one flag is because I'm Irish and thats the flag the location bit of the forums gave me...

the rest are because the sig has shay given in it, my favorite player for many years, if Rob Lee or Ginola was still around I'd have English or French ones in it.

Seen Evans play much? Or Edgar for that matter? Genuine question.

Evans i've seen a few times when he played for the mackems last year and this year, and obsv the international appearances

Edgar, only the few times he's turned out for us, but in saying that he's already at the club and not going to cost us a 5m punt.

i like seeing the ones from the reserves being given a good chance to have a bash at the first team, any time Edgar's came on he's done alright

Same way i'd like to see Krul be #2 to shay given, dutch u21 and looks promising better to start getting him a bit more experience now than adding to the games of harper at 34/35

Given should be number 2 to Harper.

No chance =)

I think i'll forgive shay of the ropey couple of seasons considering the amount of holes he's pulled us out of, and what he had playing in front of him.

Harper did well coming in this season, but he also benefited from a bit of a more solid defense than shay has had in recent years.

Would given have done just as well or better, i think so

Guess we'll see next season

Players should be picked on their current form and not what they've achieved in the past.

No chance =)

I think i'll forgive shay of the ropey couple of seasons considering the amount of holes he's pulled us out of, and what he had playing in front of him.

Harper did well coming in this season, but he also benefited from a bit of a more solid defense than shay has had in recent years.

Would given have done just as well or better, i think so

Guess we'll see next season

Players should be picked on their current form and not what they've achieved in the past.

exactly, I love given for what he's done at this club he's been excellent for a long time but this season he hasn't been and with keepers especially you've got to go with who is playing the best and based on this season harper should be our number one next season

If we could get decent money for Shay I'd ditch him. harper has proved, for me, that he's more than capable

I don't think we could now tbh, he's become injury prone and that's bad for most players but for a 32 year old goalkeeper it's pretty much the worst thing that could happen

If we could get decent money for Shay I'd ditch him. harper has proved, for me, that he's more than capable

We would get decent enough money for him, for the simple reason he's a world class keeper

great thinking like ditch the highly rated international keeper, for the older keeper whose only managed 72 apps in 10years

theres a reason he only played 72 times since 1993 and shays played over 300 since 97...

staggering to think 2 bad injury hit seasons with poor defenses make people be so fickle

injury prone btw?

you mean the abdominal injury

and the one repeating injury with his groin which no doubt kept repeating because they wanted him back in the side before being 100%

either way the debate is irrelevant,

next season Shay will be #1

Harper will be #2

and normal service will have resumed

Don't get me wrong I rate Given but we could live without him though, thats been proven and if it meant the money being spent elsewhere on the pitch I'd take it.

He wouldn't get a game for any of the top four imo

Edited by Wacky Jnr