Newcastle bid for Berba

Douggy B

Well Alan Shearer is his idol and he did watch Newcastle through the original Keegan era i suppose.

And you are mocking people on RTG for being a bit deluded? Power mad.

Im saying it's not impossible.

Check my first post for the best indication.

Yes, you'd better stopped posting after this.

It's more interesting when you post about gardening to be honest.

Oooh, touchy.

Can't you see the irony of you dragging up quotes from other message boards where people are saying something deluded or unrealistic but then are just going for the same route? :calmdown:

Michael Owen. Real Madrid to Newcastle United (£17m)

Well that was the finest comeback since Lazarus!

At the time who would have thought though., Everybody thought we were going to get pipped by someone.

Owen was a Souness signing for fucks sake. Souness!

I'm not saying it's going to happen and I severely doubt it will but i am not writing it off 100 %.

News or rumour we are at least aiming high will do me.

The reasons we got Owen were obvious though, it's completely different to this.

I am aware of that.

Berbatov does have a fondness for the club though and if nobody else comes in for him then we may have a chance.

Spurs have given him till July to say if he's staying or going.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, nothing wrong with you trying to be (cautiously) optimistic about it. I wouldn't have said anything against it if you were not repeatedly trying to take the piss out of fans of other clubs who don't act too differently.

Don't get wound up too easily... :calmdown:

Tom, nothing wrong with you trying to be (cautiously) optimistic about it. I wouldn't have said anything against it if you were not repeatedly trying to take the piss out of fans of other clubs who don't act too differently.

Theres a difference between us and Sunderland.

I think im entitled to take the piss out of them.

There is a difference between them signing Deco and me reacting to an apparent bid for a bloke who supported us through his Adolescence.

There is a difference between them signing Deco and me reacting to an apparent bid for a bloke who supported us through his Adolescence.

In what way? You're taking the piss out of them for being what you call as deluded, just like this is.

In what way? You're taking the piss out of them for being what you call as deluded, just like this is.

It's not really the same at all is it?

We have made major signings and we have shocked people and we have a lot more draw than Sunderland.

We have made major signings and we have shocked people and we have a lot more draw than Sunderland.

So why would Berbatov come to us? Ideas of grand delusion is what it is.

Spurs are no better than us, they may have fluked the league cup but overall there's not that much difference and apart from the league cup our recent history has probably been better.

Spurs are no better than us, they may have fluked the league cup but overall there's not that much difference and apart from the league cup our recent history has probably been better.

Is that why they pipped us to signing Mordic?

How did they fluke the League Cup? Was that hammering of Arsenal in the semis a fluke?

Since The Premiership began we have done better than them more often than not in the league, but the past 3 seasons anyone can see that they're a more attractive proposition than us, due to their finishes in the table.

Like it or not, young players these days will be able to identify more with Ramos than Keegan as well.

I'm expecting your posts are the form of ridicule right now on RTG, much like you have been doing to theirs for how long now? :lol:

Wether he comes or not isn't really the issue...There might be a bid on the table, that's all he's saying.

Precisely what I was thinking...

As an aside, Torres take note - this is how you should be conducting yourself on a forum dedicated to a rival club.

Spot on Craig, well said marra

According to Martin Jol (ok, make of it what you want) the background might be this...

I think this relates to a caller to Talksh*te mid morning. There's a number of threads going on about it.

One thread started......Newcash fan says on radio that he has it on good authority that Cashley will sign Berbatov for £20m(claims Berbie is a lifelong newcash supporter). You could actually hear the 2 hosts giggling in the background.

The next post was ........ Is there any way we could plant this fake rumour on newcastle boards? Just so it takes momentum and they actually start believing it......

I know some here can get on, the link is

http://coys.sportsmaestros.com/index.php?showtopic=97617

It's a windup, ignore it.

According to Martin Jol (ok, make of it what you want) the background might be this...

I think this relates to a caller to Talksh*te mid morning. There's a number of threads going on about it.

One thread started......Newcash fan says on radio that he has it on good authority that Cashley will sign Berbatov for £20m(claims Berbie is a lifelong newcash supporter). You could actually hear the 2 hosts giggling in the background.

The next post was ........ Is there any way we could plant this fake rumour on newcastle boards? Just so it takes momentum and they actually start believing it......

Wasn't getting excited anyway. Spuds fans sure know how to make weak wind-ups.

First priority is a creative midfielder IMO and Berba rumours wouldn't do it for me.

4 points... that's all there is!

Blinding hypocritical really

I personally don't think there is... in fact if anything, I'd say there's probably more chance of them signing Deco. Remember Palace buying Lombardi or Boro buying Ravanelli? :calmdown:

Fair play :calmdown:

I personally don't think there is... in fact if anything, I'd say there's probably more chance of them signing Deco. Remember Palace buying Lombardi or Boro buying Ravanelli? :calmdown:

1.4 Points and they have a had a season with a manager who spent £50m and has been at the club for a while.

2. So a Newcastle fan can't take the piss out of Sunderland? Get to fuck.

3. Deco wouldn't go to Sunderland in a million years.

I'd love him but we don't have a chance.

If JOL is saying that I'm more inclined to believe it tbh. :calmdown:

1.4 Points and they have a had a season with a manager who spent £50m and has been at the club for a while.

May 16 2008, 12:40 PMI'd love him but we don't have a chance.

For the reasons you are it's very ironic.

Not really like.

Someone saying we have bid £20m for Berbatov and me slightly speculating.

See the Sunderland Ronaldinho thread for true delusional.

Not really like.

They were all taking the piss. :lol:

Not really like.

Right Oh mate. ;)

There was a fucking load of them believed it.

T-Keith is quickly removing the Berbatov photo from his 'mini-corner'. :lol:

Shit! I've just been out gettin' Berbatov on me shirt - so convinced I was of this story being true. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :calmdown:

Not really like.

Right Oh mate. ;)

There was a fucking load of them believed it.

Aye of course.