What ISP

wykikitoon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had the opportunity I'd go cable every time which would narrow it down a lot. Customer service might be shite but the product is far better...

Can't speak for their cable service but Virgin broadband is the worst ISP I've had by a country mile, the £30 early cancellation fee I had to forfit was the best £30 I've ever spent.

Virgin Media

:lol:

Fantastic.

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/page.php?2

Killjoy. :calmdown:

Have you ready how dodgy the whole phorm thing is though?

Russians, cold war, rootkits, adware, spyware......

You should be able to opt out of it, but it should never get of the ground (and hopefully won't), of course BT and a few others are doing it too.

O2 gets some good reviews, but never used them.

Can't speak for their cable service but Virgin broadband is the worst ISP I've had by a country mile, the £30 early cancellation fee I had to forfit was the best £30 I've ever spent.

I was with them when I was on dialup and, although technically sound, their customer service was shite. Naturally when I made the switch to broadband, I was wary of them but having spoken to a few people at work, they couldn't talk highly enough about them, especially for connection speed.

I think it's disgusting that you have to pay a small fortune for any kind of help but then i personally am not likely to call it.

I was with them when I was on dialup and, although technically sound, their customer service was shite. Naturally when I made the switch to broadband, I was wary of them but having spoken to a few people at work, they couldn't talk highly enough about them, especially for connection speed.

I think it's disgusting that you have to pay a small fortune for any kind of help but then i personally am not likely to call it.

I've had a cable broadband connection with NTL/Virgin running since ~1999 the actual connection is fine (although I'd argue that it was often quicker in 1999 than now due to the way cable works with peak users), but yes if you need customer service (which I never really have), you're better off writing a message in a bottle and throwing it out of your window.

Although again O2 got a 75% recommendation rate for CS.

Virgin capped my download speeds after exceeding their fair usage policy, they didn't even have the decency to inform me of their actions, they then suggested I limit myself to 30gb a month, an unusual request considering I had an unlimited account, accordingly I told them to stuff their broadband up their arse.

Guest BigThompers

Virgin Media are a fucking joke of an ISP like. I've encountered countless problems with both their speeds and their customer service. They once overcharged me, and instead of refunding me properly, some paki guy on the end of the phone argued with me about it having to go as credit on my account. That really pissed me off. My speeds are still pathetic, like complete dogshit. Supposed to be 8mb but performs like 56k at times. I just can't wait till my 12 months are up, not paying 50 quid to cancel, fuck that. I'll never use anything to do with that company again.

Heard some very good things about O2 broadband.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigThompers

After 12 painful months with Virgin Media (who's customer service team are clearly all Virgins) I finally got connected to o2 broadband today. Wow.

On Virgin media, my "8mb" connection couldnt even clearly stream a youtube video at the best of times.

Now, after connecting to my "8mb" free o2 broadband, its fucking shit hot, and all the speed tests I've done are showing up to 20mb download and 1mb upload.

Highly recommended.

A sad as it is to admit, I cant drag myself away from BT, not a minutes downtime in 3 years.

I'm glad you said it first, but I've also never had a problem with BT in 3 years. Saying that, I've been told if I do get a problem then they're a bit of a nightmare on the phone.

I'm paying £25/Month for 4MB stand alone broadband from Telwesest.

Tiscali do 8Mb for £6.49 (first 3 months) £14.99 after that and provide a wireless router.

Any horror stories about them?