Barton jailed for 6 months

Holden McGroin

I heard an interview with him on 5 live a few months back and a few things struck me:

1. Every time, when questioned about an incident, he was always a victim of circumstance, he admitted what he did was wrong but always tried to justify it with a kind of "they started it thing"

2. When talking about the fella that got his head axed, JB seemed more worried how he was made to feel "guilty by association" rather than expressing any condolences towards the family.

In my opinion, he is one of those people who will never accept any blame for his own actions so will always be trouble.

I know he is your player and it is none of my business but I honestly think you are better off rid of him.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard an interview with him on 5 live a few months back and a few things struck me:

1. Every time, when questioned about an incident, he was always a victim of circumstance, he admitted what he did was wrong but always tried to justify it with a kind of "they started it thing"

2. When talking about the fella that got his head axed, JB seemed more worried how he was made to feel "guilty by association" rather than expressing any condolences towards the family.

In my opinion, he is one of those people who will never accept any blame for his own actions so will always be trouble.

I know he is your player and it is none of my business but I honestly think you are better off rid of him.

He's a Scouser, what did you expect? :)

What else from being the brother of the murderer does connect him to this case though? So why did he have to talk about it anyway?

He's a Scouser, what did you expect? :)

ha ha, life's born victims. Thats a very good point.

What else from being the brother of the murderer does connect him to this case though? So why did he have to talk about it anyway?

They were talking about his public image. he was moaning on about the affect the case had on him without a second thought for the affect it had on the family of the poor fella who god his head staved in.

They were talking about his public image. he was moaning on about the affect the case had on him without a second thought for the affect it had on the family of the poor fella who god his head staved in.

So he was basically just staying on topic and answered the question.

What differences would have his condolences made to the family of the poor fella?

Barton deserves the stick he gets (and his jail term) for his own actions. That way he had repeatedly to justify himself for the actions of his brother was indeed totally out of order and was a good example for the celebrity fixation of the tabloid shame and blame culture. Describing it as "guilty by association" sounds about right for me.

Btw, I just wanted to day how really sorry I am for all those poor people in China and Birma.

Btw, I just wanted to day how really sorry I am for all those poor people in China and Birma.

Clearly you've been reading a great deal on the subject.

?

'Burma', nein?

Myanmar. :)

Edited by Isegrim

I don't think we should sack him look what happened when Chelsea sacked Mutu he got picked up straight away for nothing, I'd rather we hung onto him and try and sell him if we really wanted rid but I still think he could do a job for us at least until we can start attracting a better level of player.

I don't think we should sack him look what happened when Chelsea sacked Mutu he got picked up straight away for nothing, I'd rather we hung onto him and try and sell him if we really wanted rid but I still think he could do a job for us at least until we can start attracting a better level of player.

I reckon by the time anyone bids on him we'd have paid him in wages what we manage to get back on a fee.

I reckon by the time anyone bids on him we'd have paid him in wages what we manage to get back on a fee.

Could be, do we definitely still have to pay him while he's in jail?

If we choose not to sack him, I'd have thought so.

Guest alex

If we choose not to sack him, I'd have thought so.

There was some mention of a clause suggesting not if he was jailed for the Dabo thing. It wouldn't apply to this though.

I guess not. Don't know about English law in these cases though.

I'd cancel his contract and offer him a new one for the time when he is coming back - but vastly cut down his wages. If he really is remorseful and interested in getting his career back on track then he will accept.

Guest alex

I guess not. Don't know about English law in these cases though.

I'd cancel his contract and offer him a new one for the time when he is coming back - but vastly cut down his wages. If he really is remorseful and interested in getting his career back on track then he will accept.

You'd like to think that he'd at least sanction the club giving his wages to charity for the period he's locked up, or some similar gesture.

Should be sacked. Its not like hes Zidane, wel manage. Why should we continue to make him a millionaire. He hasnt just cracked someone, hes behaved like an animal, straddling someone and punching them 20 times. CCTV proved it was unprovoked.

The people on here should be ashamed for defending him, there is no excuse for his actions

Didn't Leicester do this with one of their players a few years ago, who had beaten up a team mate and left him nursing a broken jaw ??

A former Chelsea player......

Dennis something.......

Guest alex
Should be sacked. Its not like hes Zidane, wel manage. Why should we continue to make him a millionaire. He hasnt just cracked someone, hes behaved like an animal, straddling someone and punching them 20 times. CCTV proved it was unprovoked.

The people on here should be ashamed for defending him, there is no excuse for his actions

Didn't Leicester do this with one of their players a few years ago, who had beaten up a team mate and left him nursing a broken jaw ??

A former Chelsea player......

Dennis something.......

Thing is like, they obviously wanted rid imo.

Anyone would think the club had no idea this was coming up.

Why weren't they prepared to take action either way depending on the verdict?

To release a statement saying we'll have a think about it is pathetic.

Chelsea are still suing Mutu for that money as far as I know.

I guess they are waiting on the outcome of the Dabo case. Not just because they will most likely have covered there ground contractually in this regard, but also as it will make a big difference of how long Barton actually is locked up. This is pure speculation though.

Chelsea are still suing Mutu for that money as far as I know.

Gone on a while like, not that it'll make much difference with the financial mess they're in.

The charity idea is a good one also the asking him to sign a new contract is but I'm not sure someone like Barton would agree to either.

Agreed unless they were certain that he'd not get a jail sentence very unprofessional by the club especially one that has a lawyer for a chairman.

The club have been aware of this since last month I'd assume (when he pleaded guilty) and must've known that a custodial sentence was certain.