Goal the movie

Kid Dynamite

The Mike Bassett manager programme showed promise last night. I loved the press conference.

J= "You were sacked after a poor European Championship qualifying campaign".

MB = "Yes, but like I've always said, there's no easy game in international football these days.....Liechtenstein are no exceptions".

J - "But then you took Newcastle down in two successive seasons".

MB = "Yes, but I left them in a much better position than when I joined them, for a start, I cut the wage bill by 50%"

J = "Yes, but that's because all the best players left".

:lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a good film that Santiago looks like Robert don't you think??

42648[/snapback]

There's a point in the trailer for it where I actually thought it was Robert, till I saw the film. They look incredibly similar at some points like.

Anna Friel is fucking gorgeous.

He's a f**king mercenary.

One and a half games with us, the club who plucked him from the suburbs of LA, and he pisses off to Madrid.

If we play them in the Champions League, I for one will boo him.

42674[/snapback]

really? lol that is a bit of a disgrace tbh! f**ck you santiago!

Just saw it on Saturday - was impressed a bit chessy at the end like but it's hard to make these kind of films and not be a bit chessy.

Anna Friel had a good accent like but a better set of wabs!

It was good to see places i know on the big screen, even my aunties street in Tynemouth was on! When he's walking past the school and the kids ball comes over the railings, that's Tynemouth (Percy Street West or something) Even a shot in the Byker Wall! Now why the fuck would they want to go anywhere near Byker for? It's full of glue sniffers!

The training ground is my school <_<:lol::)

Where Santi gets the call about his father dying, if you go upstairs you reach the library. :lol: And those were our pitches. It's funny as they whinge about the kids using the pitches after it's been raining so watching a load of actors carving up the pitch was class. :)

I loved the film, thought the guy who played Santi was a canny good actor and I always love films that have me caring about the characters. I nearly jumped up when he was told he was going to play whilst he was standing in an empty SJP :lol:

I saw all the places I'd been in the toon as well! The ruin by the breakwater where he goes jogging, that's where the national trust thingy woman thought I'd got my a-levels when I hadnt done GCSE's yet :yes

I've heard it's that far fetched that it even shows Shola scoring.

44348[/snapback]

Saw it last night ... it's not THAT stupid! ... or is it? i'm not sure now, i think he doesnt score, but does feature though.

So what school is it then?

44285[/snapback]

Reading Blue Coat

It's in the credits at the end but they wrote it as: Reading Blue Coats.

Which is wrong. :)

44621[/snapback]

Where's that like, never heard of it?

44630[/snapback]

Reading? :)