Which Spurs players would you take?

Douggy B

Hello Barcodes.

Spurs fan here. You have been linked with quite a few of our soon to be ex players this window and I would interested to know which ones that you do / don't rate.

I have also put potential selling prices on there to see if you consider them value for money.

1. Pascal Chimbonda (Shimbomba) - 4/5 mil: Described as a "buccaneering" right back. Good going forward, not so good going back, prone to the odd concentration lapse. Getting on a touch. Possible replacement for poor old Stephen Carr?

2. Aaron Lennon - 6/8 mil - Looked a world beater in 05-06 but seems to have lost his way. Questionable end product and even more questionable attitude. Roots oop north but seems to be "settled" in the clubs of Essex.

3. Michael Dawson - 7-8 mil - Tradition English Centre back, wears his heart on his sleeve. What he lacks in talent, he makes up for in English Grit, he will stick his head wear it matters despite potential injury. Prone to the odd mad moment but then is there a young CB who isn't? Certainly no Titus.

Also feel free to bid on any others you may fancy.

Paul Kelmsley might be able to bring upa job lot in the back of his yellow three wheeler. The lot for 18 mil? Cushdie.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lennon, but definitely not for that price.

Still an exciting prospect if coached correctly. You have seen the silly money being banded around.

How much?

or a cheap WUM.

Sorry not interested in Barton mate.

Seriously this is no Wind up. All these players have been linked and look to be on borrowed time under Ramos.

Dawson is shite btw, even Shearer outpaced him up here in '06. Although I always feel a warm sensation inside when he's on the team sheet when we play you lot.

Chimbonda is better than Beye going forward yes, but I think Beye is absolutely class so would not want to see him moved, only unless it was for him to go to centre-half if we were desperate. Plus Chimbonda is a cock-end and his attitude is awful, so no thanks.

Chimbonda isn't needed.

And if you think Dawson is worth £7-8m your opinion is of no consequence.

The last time you came here you were on the wind up so what's different now?

Chimbonda isn't needed.

I think a premiership standard CB (yes he seems to have had a few mares against your lot) would go for 7m.

When you see the money being demanded for real tripe these days it doesn't seem so silly, he is still relatively young.

Even the mighty Ledley King made the odd balls up back in the day.

Where would you rate Taylors value?

Chimbonda isn't needed.

I think a premiership standard CB (yes he seems to have had a few mares against your lot) would go for 7m.

When you see the money being demanded for real tripe these days it doesn't seem so silly, he is still relatively young.

Taylor's value these days is a decent contract because his is running out! Taylor is a decent prospect but his ego is crazy and he needs to be put in his place.

Theres only one spurs player that id say we actually need - and thats bale.

Woah there! Ashley would have to dig deep to get his mits on the jug eared genius!

How much are you offering?

Chimbonda isn't needed.

you're right but we're talking about dawson here

and I wouldn't put taylors value quite that high yet(though he is better than dawson) he's not as good as he's hyped to be by a lot of people

I don't know laz, wouldn't say no to berbatov :)

Theres only one spurs player that id say we actually need - and thats bale.

Woah there! Ashley would have to dig deep to get his mits on the jug eared genius!

How much are you offering?

I dunno what you've heard but lazarus isn't mike ashleys TT pseudonym, that's leazesmag

though he is better than dawson

Dawson had 18 or so very successful months at Spurs before his current dip in form.

Next to the right man (not Kaboul) he looks very assured. I am not so sure he is a million miles from Taylor.

Chimbonda isn't needed.

you're right but we're talking about dawson here

and I wouldn't put taylors value quite that high yet(though he is better than dawson) he's not as good as he's hyped to be by a lot of people

I don't know laz, wouldn't say no to berbatov :)

neither would i tbh - but we dont NEED him.

whereas we do NEED another left back.

I think we can look above Spurs rejects this summer no matter how much Danny wants to exercise his Ego...

Ego? I was just intested in your thoughts, that is all.

id offer around 7m.

For Bale? We will end up paying SCBC more than that for him.

His ears are worth more than that.

There is only one spud good enough for the toon and that the Berb (no not you bobby)!

The rest of them deserve to enjoy the nightlife.

And danny barcodes? For fuck sake what are you 12?

There is only one spud good enough for the toon and that the Berb (no not you bobby)!

Sorry that's what we call you, either that or Newcash. What do you prefer to be referred to as (collectively)?

Edited by Danny B

id offer around 7m.

Bollocks - the whole of Wales isnt worth 7m.

id offer around 7m.

Bollocks - the whole of Wales isnt worth 7m.

ha ha ha, he is certainly a diamond in a bucket of shit mate, thats for sure.

No way you are getting him for seven though, we are paying ten with clauses so you need to dig significantly deeper.

Sorry that's what we call you, either that or Newcash. What do you prefer to be referred to as (collectively)?

how about our actual name? or perhaps mags or something, like how you're reffered to as "spurs"