Ipswich close in on Ameobi deal

Jimbo

Actually, I don't know for sure. All I can find is this....

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2007/08/n...ke_a_debut.html

Finally, I have been told - albeit by Newcastle fan who may have been making mischief - that, as he celebrated his late winner on Saturday, Chopra went to lift up his shirt and kiss the badge before thinking better of it.

Whether this was because he didn't want to upset his Newcastle supporting family and friends or whether he thought Sunderland supporters would think it was a bit rich I don't know, but it was probably a wise decision. Best to save that sort of thing for scoring in a Tyne-Wear derby game eh Chops? Now that would be a story!

No smoke without fire tbh.

Bollocks. I burnt some toast last week. The smoke was awful, but a fire wasn't started.

You're right.

;)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I have been told - albeit by Newcastle fan who may have been making mischief - that, as he celebrated his late winner on Saturday, Chopra went to lift up his shirt and kiss the badge before thinking better of it.

Whether this was because he didn't want to upset his Newcastle supporting family and friends or whether he thought Sunderland supporters would think it was a bit rich I don't know, but it was probably a wise decision. Best to save that sort of thing for scoring in a Tyne-Wear derby game eh Chops? Now that would be a story!

Bollocks. I burnt some toast last week. The smoke was awful, but a fire wasn't started.

You're right.

Thanks Fop. Glad to hear you've got my back. ;)

Aye, you're 100% correct on that. :razz:

Just a shame that your agreeing with someone is exactly the same as disagreeing. Either way you add fuck all to the debate.

You're right.

Aye, you're 100% correct on that. :D

Actually better than your previous patter like. Just. :razz:

You're right.

Aye, you're 100% correct on that. :D

Actually better than your previous patter like. Just. :razz:

You're completely right, of course. <_<

Edited by Fop

i dunno what we are all smug about , shola score's far more goals than alan smith ! and we forked out 6 mill for him !

if chopra commands such fee's , shola certainly does .

Howay, Luque scored more than Smith man! ;)

and we forked out 9 mill for him :razz: , yeah i dont think we should be so vocal about this shola deal , we have years and years of far worse transfer deals under out belt :D

They didn't look much cop at our place in the cup earlier. Lets hope that's how they play most of the time.

They looked ok at their place mind.

No, we were just really shite.

They didn't look much cop at our place in the cup earlier. Lets hope that's how they play most of the time.

They looked ok at their place mind.

No, we were just really shite.

Yup, you're right.

ill say it again , we have no fucking room to talk with regards to stupid transfer fee's !!!

shut up about the 4 mill from stoke before someone shoves luque or boomsong in our face !!!!

Well, I wish Shola well. I reckon he could do ok for Stoke next season. Maybe get them 8-10 goals (assuming he plays!). Scored some crucial goals for us in his time, always seemed better in Europe when the game was at a slower pace. Lower Prem / Championship is about his level I reckon. I am glad he has left and hope we get 1-2 forwards in. £4M is a good price for him though aye.

That game has been generally considered our worst away performance of the season. I do expect it to be tough for us but I can see us being more of a Sheffield United than a Derby. Hope, expect - one of them, although I'd obviously like us to stay up! :)

Guest BigThompers
All the best. Shame about your strip mind :)

Probably be the best team in red n white stripes in the premiership next season.