Sir Bobby Robson Charity Match

omenator

I am currently starting a campaign to get an annual charity match between NUFC and ipswich town (instead of a pointless firnedly) with ALL the proceeds going to the SBR foundation

i would greatly appreaciate it if member would sign the petition to show your support for this idea

Online Petition

I am currently building a website to accompany this, which hopefully be up and running properly tomorrow

Good luck with it.

I don't know what your plans are or anything, but If I was you, I'd say if it went ahead it should alternate between grounds each year. SJP one year, Portman Road the next. I know Portman Road is smaller, but if we're brutally honest I doubt SJP would sell out, even for this and especially if it was an annual event. Like I say though good luck, it's a good idea.

I am currently starting a campaign to get an annual charity match between NUFC and ipswich town (instead of a pointless firnedly) with ALL the proceeds going to the SBR foundation

i would greatly appreaciate it if member would sign the petition to show your support for this idea

Online Petition

I am currently building a website to accompany this, which hopefully be up and running properly tomorrow

Ipswich?

Make it Barcelona and I'll sign.

Good luck with it.

I don't know what your plans are or anything, but If I was you, I'd say if it went ahead it should alternate between grounds each year. SJP one year, Portman Road the next. I know Portman Road is smaller, but if we're brutally honest I doubt SJP would sell out, even for this and especially if it was an annual event. Like I say though good luck, it's a good idea.

thats the idea, even if SJP only sells a 3rd the stadium like it does for pointless friendlies it is better than nothing

Online Petition

Ipswich?

why not ipswich, he's a hero down there like he is up here

got alot of great feedback from the ipswich fan sites regarding this idea

Guest alex

I think it would have a lot more impact as a one-off, or maybe even one game at Portman Road and one at SJP as Wubble-UC suggested. Not sure about having it every year as I could see interest waning, unfortunately.

Online Petition

Ipswich?

why not ipswich, he's a hero down there like he is up here

got alot of great feedback from the ipswich fan sites regarding this idea

Just selfish reasons.

I'd rather see Eto'o and Messi play than Tommy Miller and Jon Walters.

It would be good if something could be organised and get some of the players involved who he's managed over the years.

Ronaldo, Figo, Romario, Wayne Quinn.

It would be good if something could be organised and get some of the players involved who he's managed over the years.

McClen. :)

"Wayne Quinn in the Champions League!"

Edited by Bombadil

I know it's a good cause and i applaud your effort, but I can't help but think that if this does build up a head of steam it would put the club in an invidious position.

If they refuse it's a slap in the face. If they accept it's a commitment to playing a fair sized club every year for little reward. Ipswich don't particularly benefit from a Newcastle visit like the lower league teams we'd normally visit, and Ipswich wouldn't draw a crowd to St James' like the European giants we normally invite over.

I know it's not about benefitting the club, but I think the first team squad shouldn't be playing regular charity games.

Why not throw the invite open to the other clubs Bobby's managed too?

the idea is to start off small, so it shows it works

then hopefully have a tournament with all the clubs Bobby has managed entering it to raise as much as possible

Guest alex

Mate, the problem will be getting any clubs to commit long-term because you never know what might happen - i.e. Intertoto etc. If it's going to be every year then you would have to have different clubs more often than not. And he hasn't managed that many clubs. I think it's a great idea for a one or two-off type of thing, as I said.