Season Ticket news

smoggeordie

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official singing section to be moced to "Leazes corner". Away fans being moved into Leazes L7. £390 to sit in the singing section.

:icon_lol:

They better not be getting my seat, I've already paid.

Edited by Happy Face

NEWCASTLE United are cutting the cost for those fans who want to raise the roof at St. James' Park next season - and there are bumper discounts for families too!

The Club will be sending out season ticket renewal packs to supporters next week.

And the range of exciting developments include:

· The creation of 'Leazes Corner' to house those fans who like to generate a noisy atmosphere throughout the game, with prices at just £390 for adults.

· The creation of a much larger Family Enclosure - almost treble the size of the previous area - where season tickets will cost just £300 for adults and £100 for children.

· A guaranteed price freeze for any fan who signs up to buy their season ticket for the next three seasons.

It promises to be a busy summer behind the scenes at St. James' Park as club officials, having spent all year listening to fan feedback, put many suggestions into action.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "Over the course of the year I've spoken to lots of fans about how we can improve things at St. James' Park.

"Two themes have regularly cropped up in those conversations. One was somehow creating a section in the ground where like-minded fans who enjoy singing can come together to generate a great atmosphere and get behind the team for 90 minutes.

"The other issue was getting more of our younger fans into the ground. And I really think with the changes we are making for next season we've been able to deliver on both.

"We want Leazes Corner to be a place where the noise and backing for the team really causes a stir, and we've purposely reduced prices for fans to sit in that section of the ground.

"The larger family enclosure with reduced prices furthers our commitment to looking after young supporters, something we started last season with the ticket initiatives for the friendlies and which we continued with the very popular ten-game season tickets after Christmas."

To almost treble the Family Enclosure, it will move to a new position on Level 7 of the Milburn Stand, while the creation of 'Leazes Corner' will see visiting fans now housed at the far end of Level 7 of the Sir John Hall Stand.

The generous offers continue with the 'price freeze' incentive for all fans who commit to buying a season ticket for the next three campaigns.

Any fan who chooses to pay up front for their next three years season tickets can also take advantage of the added bonus of a ten per cent discount. Other fans can simply pay for their 2008/09 season ticket now and then pay for the next two in interest-free instalments over two ten-month periods. Prices for the new season are those as set in June 2007 post-renewal for the 2007/08 season.

Another change inside the stadium will see the expansion and relocation of the Press Box in the Milburn Paddock.

Unfortunately, that will involve the displacement of a small number of fans, but those supporters and others on Level 7 who will also be moving, can call in at St. James' Park during June to meet Box Office staff and look at alternative seats.

And any fan who is moving as a result of these changes will NOT have to pay a higher price - even if they are moved to a more expensive area.

The deadline for 2008/09 season ticket renewals will be Tuesday, June 17.

Meanwhile, United have also decided to name a hospitality suite at St. James' Park after Sir Bobby Robson - and other famous names in Magpie folklore such as Jackie Milburn, Joe Harvey and Bobby Moncur who will also have suites named in their honour.

The renaming of the suites follows the success of Club 206, launched last season to mark Alan Shearer's record goalscoring achievement in black and white stripes.

Looks like I'll be moving - I'm in the Milburn towards the Leazes which I gather will either be the family enclosure or close to it.

A move back to the east stand where I used to sit 84-91 could be on the cards.

I think thats some positive things from the club there. Good that they at least recognise that a selection of fans want to be together to create an atmosphere (cue those who say I can sit where I want and not sing if I choose...). Also a nice touch on naming a suite after Sir Bob.

I think thats some positive things from the club there. Good that they at least recognise that a selection of fans want to be together to create an atmosphere (cue those who say I can sit where I want and not sing if I choose...). Also a nice touch on naming a suite after Sir Bob.

Overall I agree - though the idea of "popping in" in June to choose a seat isn't practical for me.

Having said that a couple of my mates moved to the east stand last year (because of dodgy knees and being lazy fat twats) so I could just bunk in with them.

Hmmm might have to move - my current seat in Milburn L7 could get taken over by the family enclosure.

The singing section is very tempting.

Guest alex
If I can get the money I will pick one up.

Do you graduate this summer btw? Because if you don't I'd honestly wait until you do. It's up to you obviously.

If I can get the money I will pick one up.

Do you graduate this summer btw? Because if you don't I'd honestly wait until you do. It's up to you obviously.

Yeh I graduate this summer. If i pass...

I've spent a fucking fortune on just getting to 7 matches(this season). A lot of travel but it doesn't help when it's £45 a fucking ticket. :icon_lol:

I just popped into the box office and they confirmed I can't have my seat next year (Leazes L7 T482 access 91/92).

I've paid for next year though, so they said if i move somewhere cheaper (singing section) I'll be refunded the difference. Didn't ask if I'd have to pay the extra for somewhere more expensive, but I assume so.

Obviously people who've lost their seats are getting first refusal on the singing section.

I'm not too keen like. It's as far from the pitch as you can get.

Bit of a pisser for the coppers having to get the away fans (mackems) to/from the other end of the stand too, it's doubled the distance they have to herd them.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex

Just bad craic you were moved without your say so really. Same thing happened to me although the club's intentions are better this time.

I just popped into the box office

Makes you sound like one of those on tap for Sky outside SJP 24/7 type mongs :icon_lol:

I can be excused though, working in St James' Street, rather than hanging around the club shop at 6am for the new training top.

I've paid for next year though, so they said if i move somewhere cheaper (singing section) I'll be refunded the difference. Didn't ask if I'd have to pay the extra for somewhere more expensive, but I assume so.

And any fan who is moving as a result of these changes will NOT have to pay a higher price - even if they are moved to a more expensive area.

Bagsy the Platinum club.

Official singing section to be moved to "Leazes corner". Away fans being moved into Leazes L7. £390 to sit in the singing section.

when are they going out ?