Work Advice

wykikitoon

Hi Guys

Well, a little advice is needed.

I have worked for my present company since last August, so just about 9 months. The company is approx 28 people, including 3 directors. We are owned by a larger company which bought is approx 6 months before I joined. Its got a lot of influence with us but the directors want to try and operate as much as they have done since the start. Now, the previous company I worked at was the 3rd largest in its field in the world, and I was based at its HQ with approx 600 people in so its a large difference.

I was at my previous company since I was a junior. I sweated like a scousers in a spelling test for a shit wage but have worked damn hard through Uni and to get chareterd to get where I am now. I photocopied, folded drawings, stacked boxes in archives etc but it has all come in handy and taught me organisation, discipline etc. I have worked for some hard nosed bastards in the past but they were fair and bloody good at their job.

Now, my problem. Well,not a problem, more of a niggle.

Where I am now there are a couple of issues that annoy the fuck out of me.

1) The juniors and the younger lads in the office are bone idle as fuck.

One of them boils my blood somehing choronic. He comes in the office at 9:30 if were lucky and never fills his hours up. He spends most of the day on the net and its upto others to sort his shit up. Now, if he was working for me I would seriousley bollock him and get him to sort his fucking life out. When he puts his mind to it he is a bright lad, but in the 9months I've been there its happend for 3 - 4 days and thats it. His boss however is one spineless gullible sod. If he comes in late he doesnt say anything, sometimes he'll ask and the lad makes up some bull shit and then tells everyone else in the office he was smashed the night before and you can clearly see he was (stinks of booze etc).

THey dont take pride or anything in their work, they just dont give a shit! Ive just spent 2.5 re drawing something that should of taken 5 mins as the lad who did it originally doesnt give a toss about his job or how he goes about it. Hes off "sick" today and when I opened up his work I nearly cried.

2) Misc Issues.

Now, stuff like texting in to say youre sick. What sort of joke is that? You should phone in and let people know what youre working on etc. IT Issues. We dont have an IT Dept as its so small so we have a couple of guys who are IT literate (they can use Word) and a bloke from our parent company who comes every now and then. Our LAN is always fucked and we can never get on the net. I use a lappy and connect wirelessly.

Now, these have annoyed me recently and hence why I've been on here a bit. So, I need some advice. There is some good lads in the office and we have a good laugh. The work is interesting and I am getting more responsibility. BUT

The things mentioned above do annoy me. Should I ignore the others as they are not in my team? I mean, we are one company one team at the end of the day and if I am putting in 40h a week everyone should? Should I ignore it and not let it bother me? I am at the moment let it get to me and its making me ill.

OR

Should I have a moan to the MD and make myself to be labelled a trouble causer / moaner?

Cheers Guys

to be honest mate that sounds like every office, in every city, in every country, etc.

I'd not be moaning about people on the other team because by rights, it's got nothing to do with you.

I'd make sure your work is done first and foremost, if you're told to do his work do it and do it to the best of your ability but only after your shit is stowed away. If someone asks why you haven't finished his work, explain that you had to finish your own work before you started anybody else's.

If you have to re-do his work I'd take the piss out of him loudly in front of the boss, call him an idiot if he can't even get the simple shite right. Do it as if it's a joke, but the boss will soon get the message.

I think everyone has worked with a useless tosser in their time and if they haven't it's because they are the useless tosser. No benefit in moaning to the boss, but if you show him up as the oxygen drain that he is the higher ups will have to take action.

to be honest mate that sounds like every office, in every city, in every country, etc.

I'd not be moaning about people on the other team because by rights, it's got nothing to do with you.

I'd make sure your work is done first and foremost, if you're told to do his work do it and do it to the best of your ability but only after your shit is stowed away. If someone asks why you haven't finished his work, explain that you had to finish your own work before you started anybody else's.

If you have to re-do his work I'd take the piss out of him loudly in front of the boss, call him an idiot if he can't even get the simple shite right. Do it as if it's a joke, but the boss will soon get the message.

I think everyone has worked with a useless tosser in their time and if they haven't it's because they are the useless tosser. No benefit in moaning to the boss, but if you show him up as the oxygen drain that he is the higher ups will have to take action.

Aye mate i know what your saying.

I take pride in my work and always manage to get it done. If not I will sit and explain with my boss and we will work it out from their. These lot leave it and goto college / uni and let the others in the office get the flak.

I have tried the take the piss approach but his gaffer is thick as fuck and just laughs.

I am seriously thinking about moving, especially after grafting like fuck today to get my work out so I can cover this twat who is off and get his work out. Fucking coincidental its Bank Hol and he's ill today isnt it. CUNT

WTF?

Don't listen to teacher's overfed pet, here. You take him outside and you give him a good shoe-ing.

That's numberwang.

WTF?

Don't listen to teacher's overfed pet, here. You take him outside and you give him a good shoe-ing.

That's numberwang.

:icon_lol:

Hi Guys

I have worked for my present company since last August, so just about 9 months. The company is approx 28 people, including 3 directors. We are owned by a larger company which bought is approx 6 months before I joined. Its got a lot of influence with us but the directors want to try and operate as much as they have done since the start. Now, the previous company I worked at was the 3rd largest in its field in the world, and I was based at its HQ with approx 600 people in so its a large difference.

I was at my previous company since I was a junior. I sweated like a scousers in a spelling test for a shit wage but have worked damn hard through Uni and to get chareterd to get where I am now. I photocopied, folded drawings, stacked boxes in archives etc but it has all come in handy and taught me organisation, discipline etc. I have worked for some hard nosed bastards in the past but they were fair and bloody good at their job.

One of them boils my blood somehing choronic. He comes in the office at 9:30 if were lucky and never fills his hours up. He spends most of the day on the net and its upto others to sort his shit up. Now, if he was working for me I would seriousley bollock him and get him to sort his fucking life out. When he puts his mind to it he is a bright lad, but in the 9months I've been there its happend for 3 - 4 days and thats it. His boss however is one spineless gullible sod. If he comes in late he doesnt say anything, sometimes he'll ask and the lad makes up some bull shit and then tells everyone else in the office he was smashed the night before and you can clearly see he was (stinks of booze etc).

THey dont take pride or anything in their work, they just dont give a shit! Ive just spent 2.5 re drawing something that should of taken 5 mins as the lad who did it originally doesnt give a toss about his job or how he goes about it. Hes off "sick" today and when I opened up his work I nearly cried.

2) Misc Issues.

Now, stuff like texting in to say youre sick. What sort of joke is that? You should phone in and let people know what youre working on etc. IT Issues. We dont have an IT Dept as its so small so we have a couple of guys who are IT literate (they can use Word) and a bloke from our parent company who comes every now and then. Our LAN is always fucked and we can never get on the net. I use a lappy and connect wirelessly.

Now, these have annoyed me recently and hence why I've been on here a bit. So, I need some advice. There is some good lads in the office and we have a good laugh. The work is interesting and I am getting more responsibility. BUT

The things mentioned above do annoy me. Should I ignore the others as they are not in my team? I mean, we are one company one team at the end of the day and if I am putting in 40h a week everyone should? Should I ignore it and not let it bother me? I am at the moment let it get to me and its making me ill.

OR

Should I have a moan to the MD and make myself to be labelled a trouble causer / moaner?

Cheers Guys

You 'work' with Alex or Jonny ????!!111

Hi Guys

2) Misc Issues.

OR

Cheers Guys

You 'work' with Alex or Jonny ????!!111

:icon_lol:

WTF?

That's numberwang.

Listen Fuck knuckle, just because you can get by with hissy fits and dummy throwing doesn't mean it's the way to go. If the pussy boy hasn't sorted it out already then diplomacy's the way forward.

p.s. the last time you had a "fight" you were wearing a turtles t-shirt and got pummelled by a little girl.

Smoke some grass in the morning and let all this shit pass you by...Life's too short bro.

And then get sacked? Aye good one.

My first reaction is that it sounds like a shite place to work for, if the management are that gullible that office juniors can pull the wool over their eyes that easily then they don't sound like the kind of people I would want to be working for, yes of course we all loaf around from time to time, I'm sure there everyone does now and again but to be doing it all the time is not on and not the type of people you should be linked with as you might end up getting tarred with the same brush.

It seems on the surface that the culture at your employers is shite, and I think I'd be looking to move on to somewhere a little more professional.

My first reaction is that it sounds like a shite place to work for, if the management are that gullible that office juniors can pull the wool over their eyes that easily then they don't sound like the kind of people I would want to be working for, yes of course we all loaf around from time to time, I'm sure there everyone does now and again but to be doing it all the time is not on and not the type of people you should be linked with as you might end up getting tarred with the same brush.

It seems on the surface that the culture at your employers is shite, and I think I'd be looking to move on to somewhere a little more professional.

I have been thinking that also.

We dont have any net restrictions as we are "treated like adults" yet people take the piss. Their on it all the time, they are on Farcebook, MSN, Limewire etc and its a joke. We do have a laugh like you say but at the end of the do we are there to work. I cant get my head down and work sometime because of the fucking about, it does my head in.

Anyway, CV's out.

Sounds to me like you need to get a fucking grip, the job will still be there when your not. Dish a couple of toffee bullets out to the youngins and let them know that you're the big finger around there so stop fucking about.

Personally I would probably just have a bucket before I went to work every day.

Hope this helps

Sounds to me like you need to get a fucking grip, the job will still be there when your not. Dish a couple of toffee bullets out to the youngins and let them know that you're the big finger around there so stop fucking about.

Personally I would probably just have a bucket before I went to work every day.

Hope this helps

Very much :razz:

Had weekend off to move house and chill out. Ill now take it easy and not let things get to me :blink: