Toon Ace Oba up for sale

Jimbo

By SHAUN CUSTIS

Published: 24 May 2008

NEWCASTLE are trying to flog Obafemi Martins.

The Toon sounded out Liverpool about buying the Nigerian but Martins’ advisors have rejected the idea.

However, Chelsea and Arsenal have been alerted by developments.

Martins, 23, has a £13million buy-out clause in his contract which Newcastle originally asked to take out in exchange for a £90,000- a-week, five-year deal.

But outgoing chairman Chris Mort recently made it clear Newcastle would not pay players ridiculous wages.

It seems Martins has now fallen into that category.

It is bad news for Michael Owen, who wants to extend his £110,000- a-week deal while Toon expect him to take a wage cut.

A Toon insider said: “Oba’s future is uncertain. Newcastle are testing the water to see how strong the interest is.

"It’s surprising they would want to sell him but there is a definite shift in the way the club are operating.”

As soon as I read that this story lost all credibility.

Even the dialect is shocking...

The name Shaun Custis at the top was the give away. Clearly proving how difficult it is to become chief football writer at the Sun. And to think that this prick is a Geordie and supposedly a 'fan'.

The name Shaun Custis at the top was the give away. Clearly proving how difficult it is to become chief football writer at the Sun. And to think that this prick is a Geordie and supposedly a 'fan'.

I'm not aware of the work of SHAUN CUSTIS and I NEVER knew he was a GEORDIE or a FAN. The story just seems CHEAP to me and probably just an attempt to sell papers but with the transfer market in it's current climate couldn't he make up something better?

I'm not aware of the work of SHAUN CUSTIS and I NEVER knew he was a GEORDIE or a FAN. The story just seems CHEAP to me and probably just an attempt to sell papers but with the transfer market in it's current climate couldn't he make up something better?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

TO EMPHASISE THE POINT SO PEOPLE WITH THEIR MIND ON OTHER THINGS CAN GRASP THE GENERAL IDEA OF THE STORY :icon_lol:

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

TO EMPHASISE THE POINT SO PEOPLE WITH THEIR MIND ON OTHER THINGS CAN GRASP THE GENERAL IDEA OF THE STORY :icon_lol:

I think you're now fully qualified to be chief football writer for the Sun. Congratulations.

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

I think you're now fully qualified to be chief football writer for the Sun. Congratulations.

:crylaughin: