Feminism

The Fish

Genuine question. A friend of mine describes herself as a feminist, but says hers is an idiosyncratic approach, at odds with the public's idea.

so when someone says feminist, what do you imagine

and if you were to describe feminism, how would you?

Butch lesbian, probably from or has links to Hartlepool.

Jonny2J?

The first thing thats springs to my mind is a lass who has been hurt through a relationship at some point in the past, never got over it, and now needs a right good fucking but just won't admit it.

I find it a bit odd when women proclaim themselves as a feminist, as if the default position is not being a feminist. I imagine feminism means, in very general terms, believing in the promotion of success and equality of women. Which I would have thought most if not all women would want.

Unless feminism means actively campaining to achieve such success and equality, but most 'feminists' I know don't do this.

Genuine question. A friend of mine describes herself as a feminist, but says hers is an idiosyncratic approach, at odds with the public's idea.

so when someone says feminist, what do you imagine

and if you were to describe feminism, how would you?

In theory - equality.

In reality - usually trying to have one's cake and eat it.

In 2008 it's hairy armpits and shaved genitalia or the right to fuck who you like but tear strips off them for holding the door open for them.

As luke said in western society it's is the default for educated women.

Things have changed since the days of arguing for the right to leave the patriarchal home and not merely live as the baby machine/maid.

Thing is how do "feminist" see the role models portrayed by the likes of Paris Hilton?

Fish ask your feminist is Paris a supporter of the cause or part of the problem, I bet you'll be surprised by the answer.

Guest alex
Take it Fish has been trying to get laid again? :D

Seriously need to work on your small talk Dave :razz:

Seriously needs to get rid of them 'hearing aid beige' farrah's he sports with his greenflash.

:blink: