Backlight problems on 23" widescreen apple lcd

Jusoda Kid

My Apple monitor has started going a little bit dark and the standby light does two quick flashes then one continuous one. After a bit of research this seems to be quite a common fault with them once they start getting on.

Now these bad boys are still the thick end of £500 notes and thats for the older ones so I'm looking for cheaper alternatives, any rate found this:

http://item.express.ebay.com/Computers-Net...cmdZExpressItem

If I can find some where cheap to fit these I'm laughing but I'm tempted to have a go at the DIY job it links too. :blink:

Any ideas where would do this sort of work as I know the apple people will take my eyes out.

TIA

P.S My monitor is the one on the right of the e-bay item

I could only see a bit of the thread title and with the topic being started by yourself Wacky. Imagine my shock horror when I saw the title "Backlight problems on 23" widescreen" and to my horror it not being about your wife's arse.

I could only see a bit of the thread title and with the topic being started by yourself Wacky. Imagine my shock horror when I saw the title "Backlight problems on 23" widescreen" and to my horror it not being about your wife's arse.

:blink::razz:

His lass has had backlight problems ever since he introduced me to her! She's that loose back there that she has to change her kecks 3 times a day cos shit just plops out willy-nilly it's that stretched!!

Guest Patrokles
My Apple monitor has started going a little bit dark and the standby light does two quick flashes then one continuous one. After a bit of research this seems to be quite a common fault with them once they start getting on.

Now these bad boys are still the thick end of £500 notes and thats for the older ones so I'm looking for cheaper alternatives, any rate found this:

http://item.express.ebay.com/Computers-Net...cmdZExpressItem

If I can find some where cheap to fit these I'm laughing but I'm tempted to have a go at the DIY job it links too. :blink:

Any ideas where would do this sort of work as I know the apple people will take my eyes out.

TIA

P.S My monitor is the one on the right of the e-bay item

Just have a go yourself. As long as the link has detailed instructions, you should be fine.