Why??

Do people still back Souness. Have I missed something. Is there something I am not seeing which makes people think he can improve things. I just see posts on the other boards where people are saying give him time give him time. GIve him time for what?? He has no history of turning a struggling club into a top flight club. In fact his only history near to that is the exact opposite. He doesnt learn from his mistakes either. He has continually not got on with the stars in his team from Liverpool and Rangers through Blackburn to us. He hates people with more ability than he had. In fact he was a bully on the pitch he is a bully off it. When we fold up and die this season (I have no hope left we will do well) I hope all those who gave this utter waste of space their backing will hang their heads in shame at the contribution they have made to our downfall.

couldnt agree more mate, ive got to say that im concerned that we'll be sucked into a relegation battle (yes it really is that bad) and we may survive purely because there are other teams which are as bad or worse (Mackems, Wigan etc).

2 things concern me greatly

1. the obvious lack of signings against the number of sales we've made. Lack of strengthening up front and at the back

2. The complete lack of a pre-season. We've played 3 competitive matches with hopefully 1 game left (i dont want us to bother with Europe with a squad this size) and we havent seen sight of the team which will be put out against Arsenal on the 13th. Emre and Parker havent even kicked a ball in anger.

Where and when will it end?

Guest StevieH84

I,m worried as well,cannot see how souness will pull it around.

i hate him,i hate his attitude,and i hate his style of management.

it doesnt look well,and season is only 2 weeks away..

our squad is as thin as a beafrian[sp]

I,m worried as well,cannot see how souness will pull it around.

i hate him,i hate his attitude,and i hate his style of management.

it doesnt look well,and season is only 2 weeks away..

our squad is as thin as a beafrian[sp]

3658[/snapback]

We have a thin squad because FF wont open the cheque book, maybe he is "Keeping The Powder Dry"

Souness has obviously identified the players that he wants but FF isnt doing anything about it.

This isnt a pro Souness post as I am getting very annoyed with him as our manager now.

On the day that Sourness's appointment was confirmed I expressed my concerns and I have not waivered those views along the way. He is a second rate manager that only has a track record as a bully. He has alienated players in all of the clubs he has managed and just because he could not manage them he has sold them off on the cheap. Because we are now desperate, and other clubs realise this, we are being asked to pay inflated values for what are just average players.

Just to remind you all here are a few of his famous quotes:

“I am not a fool, I have been in the game a long time and the only thing that matters at a football club is the football club. "

"the only thing that matters is what you do when you cross that white line on match days"

Followed by "Craig Bellamy walked off the training ground so there's no way back I'm not having that"

Here's a quote from one of Sourness's admirers.

Alan Hansen Quote

"Souness critics must eat humble pie as he transforms Newcastle."

IMHO he is rapidly tearing the club apart and we are heading for a TFD.

If Sourness has any sort of master plan its about time he revealed what it is because at the moment it looks like the destruction of our club.

On the day that Sourness's appointment was confirmed I expressed my concerns and I have not waivered those views along the way. He is a second rate manager that only has a track record as a bully. He has alienated players in all of the clubs he has managed and just because he could not manage them he has sold them off on the cheap. Because we are now desperate, and other clubs realise this, we are being asked to pay inflated values for what are just average players.

Just to remind you all here are a few of his famous quotes:

“I am not a fool, I have been in the game a long time and the only thing that matters at a football club is the football club. "

"the only thing that matters is what you do when you cross that white line on match days"

Followed by "Craig Bellamy walked off the training ground so there's no way back I'm not having that"

Here's a quote from one of Sourness's admirers.

Alan Hansen Quote

"Souness critics must eat humble pie as he transforms Newcastle."

IMHO he is rapidly tearing the club apart and we are heading for a TFD.

If Sourness has any sort of master plan its about time he revealed what it is because at the moment it looks like the destruction of our club.

3784[/snapback]

Can't say I agree with that. He has a lot of improving to do to be considered second rate.

welli think ur all ignorant morons and souness is a great manager.

"only thing that matters at a football club is the football club" damn right

no one person is bigger than the club. bang on SOUEY!

you liberal minded gay ass college students really do my head in!!!!

YOu clueless numsculls are whining and suckin up to anachists like bellamy. Your liberal scum the lot of u. YOU make me sick!

you need a good caining that would sort out u Ky groupees!!

"only thing that matters at a football club is the football club"  damn right

no one person is bigger than the club.  bang on SOUEY!

YOu clueless numsculls are whining and suckin up to anachists like bellamy.  Your liberal scum the lot of u.  YOU make me sick!

3828[/snapback]

Eggs.

YOu clueless numsculls are whining and suckin up to anachists like bellamy.  Your liberal scum the lot of u.  YOU make me sick!

3828[/snapback]

wrong forum mate. think you're looking for www.newcastle-online.com

3828[/snapback]

Sorry?

Mr. Shepperd is bigger than the club, he could sit on the club and it would disappear up his rectum

Apologies to all for the mental imagery there

3828[/snapback]

wrong forum mate. think you're looking for www.newcastle-online.com

3835[/snapback]

:angry:

Now now :razz:

I think your being very naive to blame the problems we have on Souness.

The fat twat in charge is to blame for pretty much everything. He wanted rid of Robert and Bellamy and he brought Souness in specifically to do this.

Now Souness has identified players he wants to bring in (good players too judging by who we have signed and bid for) but now the pie eater isn't allowing him to sign them.

I am not standing up for Souness because I like him or because I think he was the right appointment because I don't (it sickened me to see him appointed). But if there is a cancer at our club it is the tubby fucker at the top and not those who work for him!

The fat twat in charge is to blame for pretty much everything.  He wanted rid of Robert and Bellamy and he brought Souness in specifically to do this.

Now Souness has identified players he wants to bring in (good players too judging by who we have signed and bid for) but now the pie eater isn't allowing him to sign them.

I am not standing up for Souness because I like him or because I think he was the right appointment because I don't (it sickened me to see him appointed).  But if there is a cancer at our club it is the tubby fucker at the top and not those who work for him!

3943[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of Souness in particular but I have to agree with what you say.

The fat twat in charge is to blame for pretty much everything.  He wanted rid of Robert and Bellamy and he brought Souness in specifically to do this.

I am not standing up for Souness because I like him or because I think he was the right appointment because I don't (it sickened me to see him appointed).  But if there is a cancer at our club it is the tubby fucker at the top and not those who work for him!

3943[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of Souness in particular but I have to agree with what you say.

3947[/snapback]

In a way I agree too, Souness is a shit manager but you can hardly blame him for taking the job, especially when he was about to be sacked at Blackburn. Mind you, I do also think that Souness could turn the Brazilian national side into relegation fodder. Shepherd really should have three jobs; appoint the right man, support him financially and shut the fuck up. Unfortunately he seems increasingly incapable of doing any of these with any competency whatsoever.

Unfortunately Shepherd is unaccoutable to anyone and there is no mechanism to get rid of him. This is why I'm permanently depressed about the state of our club.

Shepherd has pretty much always backed the manager financially but he appears to be stalling in this respect now, perhaps saving his cash for Souness's successor? Also, in the past he has appointed the right man (Keegan, Robson) or at least gone for people who appeared right at the time (Dalgleish, Gullit) until Souness that is. He's never really looked like shutting the fuck up though.

I am very far from being a Souness backer, but I still feel that Anelka and LBM will join us. If not, it's nobody's fault but Freddy's.

He obviously insisted that we sell before we buy. I don't agree with giving away our only left winger(for free), or Ambrose for pittence-I do understand that we needed to get players off the wage bill, and needed the money from player sales to get players, I just feel we may have shot ourselves in the foot here.

If we don't bring in Anelka, LBM, another top player and 2 aquad players, I fear that we're screwed.

I am very far from being a Souness backer, but I still feel that Anelka and LBM will join us. If not, it's nobody's fault but Freddy's.

He obviously insisted that we sell before we buy. I don't agree with giving away our only left winger(for free), or Ambrose for pittence-I do understand that we needed to get players off the wage bill, and needed the money from player sales to get players, I just feel we may have shot ourselves in the foot here.

If we don't bring in Anelka, LBM, another top player and 2 aquad players, I fear that we're screwed.

3973[/snapback]

Good post, gotta agree with that.

One thing we've got in our favour with LBM is the fact that he does actually want to come here (but obviously isn't handing in a transfer request yet because of the money he'd lose; it might come to that though). Not too sure on Anelka. Who has he spoken to who is saying he's desperate to join us?

I can see us getting LBM, but struggling till January with Shearer, Chopra, Ameobi and an injured Dyer as our forwards.

3943[/snapback]

fooking brilliant to see you lot saying what you want unlike before ..... ooopssss :icon_lol:

3943[/snapback]

fooking brilliant to see you lot saying what you want unlike before ..... ooopssss :icon_lol:

4016[/snapback]

You've lost me

3943[/snapback]

4016[/snapback]

You've lost me

4066[/snapback]

I think LM just shot his load.

Edited by alex

3943[/snapback]

4016[/snapback]

You've lost me

4066[/snapback]

I think LM just shot his load.

4070[/snapback]

best pair of knicks I ever had years ago, bought for me, which said "I dribble before I shoot"

Unfortunately Shepherd is unaccoutable to anyone and there is no mechanism to get rid of him

hmm technically the shareholders could vote him off the board.

would be some battle to get it done tho......maybe worth a go ??

4701[/snapback]

Yep, with the Halls and Shepherd holding 60% of the shares very likely...