Why??

If Souness was a young manager I might give him the benefit of the doubt. If he had shown managerial calibre in his many years in management, I would give him the benefit of the doubt through the bad times, I would give him time to make his mark because I would have faith in his ability to do so.

But Souness has never shown anything to suggest he deserves time.

History tells us he's at best a very average manager, at worst a childish egocentric bully.

Some people seem to think that he will suddenly become a good manager after many years of showing he clearly isn't. He came here and confirmed everybody's suspicions about him, he fell out with the most talented players and moved them on for next to nothing and people are saying he needs time to show us what he can do. We've seen what Souness can do, he's done it at every club he's been at and he's doing it to us. I'm writing this a day after we've confirmed the signing of Craig Moore and the anticipated departure of Hugo Viana.

Edited by ohmelads

If Souness was a young manager I might give him the benefit of the doubt. If he had shown managerial calibre in his many years in management, I would give him the benefit of the doubt through the bad times, I would give him time to make his mark because I would have faith in his ability to do so.

History tells us he's at best a very average manager, at worst a childish egocentric bully.

Some people seem to think that he will suddenly become a good manager after many years of showing he clearly isn't. He came here and confirmed everybody's suspicions about him, he fell out with the most talented players and moved them on for next to nothing and people are saying he needs time to show us what he can do. We've seen what Souness can do, he's done it at every club he's been at and he's doing it to us. I'm writing this a day after we've confirmed the signing of Craig Moore and the anticipated departure of Hugo Viana.

4731[/snapback]

nailed on.

If Souness was brought in to get shot of the lazy bastards and the trouble makers,

Then why the f*** is Dyer still here ? The No. 1 troublemaker since he got here, and I see he's back on the sick list again as soon as he gets a new contract and a rise. The only good thing he seems to have done is get shot of O'Brian and Hughes. Yet originally he gives O'Brian a new contract, so I detect the hand of Shepherd there. He knew how incensed the fans were to see O'Brian get a new contract.

4731[/snapback]

nailed on.

4749[/snapback]

Could not agree more, when will these Sourness backers realise, when we've hit rock bottom????

Could not agree more, when will these Sourness backers realise, when we've hit rock bottom????

4824[/snapback]

when we're relegated

They're still peddling the "We've still time to buy players" myth.

We need those players now, we've needed them for ages and we could have done without a thread bare squad when competing in a tournament which is our ONLY hope of European football this season!

They're still peddling the "Souness needs time" well he's had a season, he's had two transfer windows and the only steps we're taking are backwards. We've sold a young(ish) captain of his country who is loyal and a decent squad player, and replaced him with a 29yr old boozing idiot!

I thought we were supposed to be "cleaning out the cancer" and yet we're signing rangers rejects and hunting down the biggest ego in football....

the squad is weaker this year than last, we all know the manager is gone by christmas unless he pulls off a miracle! Quite how anyone can still support him is, in my eyes, deluded. I'm not saying those that don't blame him, I mean the ones who actively support the man. Not all of this is Souness' fault, but he's certainly not blameless. Shepherd and Souness have between them put this club in a dangerous position.

Also in saying that supporting Souness is madness is not the same as booing him or not supporting the club.

I don't see Souness or Shepherd as being anything but employees of the club, they can be criticised and murdered in the media for all I care. When I'm accused of being a bad fan because I don't celebrate them and their decisions I have come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is simply shake my head and talk to more informed fans. Their time will come and go but NUFC will long outlast them.

It's a shame that it's going to be another few years of mediochrity, but I honestly believe that this club will win something within the next five years and will win the title within my lifetime. We're too large and affluent to be without silverware.....

aren't we? :D

• 5 months later...

6 months on and sentiments havent really changed. I think there was a blip when we went on a signing spree of owen/solano/clark etc. I was hoping id be proven wrong but it seems to be panning out as i predicted

Christ, I was in a timewarp there, hadn't realised this was a thread from months ago!

Interesting that people were banging on about FS not releasing any cash like, given that he's now released £50m for this retard to squander !!!

85788[/snapback]

Yeah, when you first start reading it could be from now, but alas it was a depressingly accurate prediction from way back of how things would inevitably end up.

To be fair you could just as easilly take threads from the day Fat Fred went insane and employed Souness when people predicted exactly what he'd do to individual players, to our style of football, to our results and to the club in general.

I think your being very naive to blame the problems we have on Souness.

The fat twat in charge is to blame for pretty much everything.  He wanted rid of Robert and Bellamy and he brought Souness in specifically to do this.

Now Souness has identified players he wants to bring in (good players too judging by who we have signed and bid for) but now the pie eater isn't allowing him to sign them.

I am not standing up for Souness because I like him or because I think he was the right appointment because I don't (it sickened me to see him appointed).  But if there is a cancer at our club it is the tubby fucker at the top and not those who work for him!

3943[/snapback]

fooking brilliant to see you lot saying what you want unlike before ..... ooopssss :steamtrain:

4016[/snapback]

You've lost me

4066[/snapback]

I think LM just shot his load.

4070[/snapback]

best pair of knicks I ever had years ago, bought for me, which said "I dribble before I shoot"

4314[/snapback]

LM wears "knicks". :P

preaching to the choir to be honest.

don't want Anelka, not one bit. He's got more of an Ego than Bellamy. I understand the need for a striker but don't think that this whiney little bitch is the answer. I'd rather spend what-ever money on Andy Johnson or someone of that ilk.