Barton - To ban or not to ban?

TheMoog

What about Jamie Carragher who - on the pitch - threw a coin that hit and Arsenal fan in the head that could have put his eye out.

How long should they have banned him for?

Both Scousers too :nufc:

On 28th February 2008, Carragher was arrested and cautioned for assault outside a school near his home in Crosby. Liverpool F.C. refused to comment.

How long for that then? Not exactly setting a good example...

'could have' is not the same thing 'did', Carra reacted to something being thrown at him and was of sober mind. He didn`t go on a drunken rampage and beat up a minor.

How you could possibly compare the two is mindboggling. :scratchchin:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Jamie Carragher who - on the pitch - threw a coin that hit and Arsenal fan in the head that could have put his eye out.

On 28th February 2008, Carragher was arrested and cautioned for assault outside a school near his home in Crosby. Liverpool F.C. refused to comment.

It might be an idea to poison the water supply for Merseyside.

The white cider supply would probably be more beneficial.

Aye.

No reply from Torres either :scratchchin:

Give him a break, 'laaah'. He's hiding behind the sofa at the moment because the 'bizzies' are calling at his door looking for 'scallies'.

'could have' is not the same thing 'did', Carra reacted to something being thrown at him and was of sober mind. He didn`t go on a drunken rampage and beat up a minor.

A 16 year old is not a minor, plus Barton didn't go on a rampage, people took the piss out of him - something probably very sensitive to his heart - he was drunk - he lashed out - and you say he should be banned for a season?

Surely a sober professional football player taking a chunk out of a fans head is worse.

And what about the assault incident, again when sober I presume...

A 16 year old is not a minor, plus Barton didn't go on a rampage, people took the piss out of him - something probably very sensitive to his heart - he was drunk - he lashed out - and you say he should be banned for a season?

Surely a sober professional football player taking a chunk out of a fans head is worse.

A. A 16 year old is a minor.

B. A chunk wasn`t taken out of anybody`s head. And the courts clearly don`t think it was worse than Barton`s offence and I fully agree. Only a nit-wit would think otherwise.

A. A 16 year old is a minor.

B. A chunk wasn`t taken out of anybody`s head. And the courts clearly don`t think it was worse than Barton`s offence and I fully agree. Only a nit-wit would think otherwise.

So assault outside a School is OK?

That's how Carragher is allowed to behave?

You were caught guilty of blatant double standards, now back in the bin!

You shouldn`t be so touchy about it...................Barton has hardly set the world alight as a footballer either, a spell in the nick will do him good.

Guest alex
You shouldn`t be so touchy about it...................Barton has hardly set the world alight as a footballer either, a spell in the nick will do him good.

Lets hope so. Could actually sort him out imo.

Lets hope so. Could actually sort him out imo.

I agree. Hope he sorts himself out.

Not according to the legal system..........hehehe

Sorry?

It was a reply to a daft post by T-Keith, where he claims to be right without any ground whatsoever to back it up.

Sorry?

It was a reply to a daft post by T-Keith, where he claims to be right without any ground whatsoever to back it up.

An assault outside a school is just as bad as what Barton did, given the circumstances.

Guest alex

Sorry?

An assault outside a school is just as bad as what Barton did, given the circumstances.

No it fucking isn't man. If it was as bad as Barton's would he have only been cautioned? Of course not. Barton's offence is in a completely different league.

Sorry?

No it fucking isn't man. If it was as bad as Barton's would he have only been cautioned? Of course not. Barton's offence is in a completely different league.

Agree 100%. A voice of reason at last.

Sorry?

Who knows, I know someone that quite literally got away with murder, or at least only served 12-18 months on a much lesser charge for it.

Guest alex

Sorry?

Who knows, I know someone that quite literally got away with murder, or at least only served 12-18 months on a much lesser charge for it.

Whatever :nufc:

Sorry?

Whatever :scratchchin:

But completely true, I've even mentioned it before here. :nufc:

Guest alex

And largely irrelevent to this discussion. Do you really think what Carragher did was anything like what Barton did? If not, what's your point?

Guest alex
There is never any point once Torres enters a thread.

Talking more sense than you in this one T. The Carragher comparison was laughable imo.

Punching a 16 year old! He has problems. Should be banned for at least a season.

Talking more sense than you in this one T. The Carragher comparison was laughable imo.

:nufc:

I think you`d miss me if I didn`t............................and I couldn`t have that on my conscience now could I.

And largely irrelevent to this discussion. Do you really think what Carragher did was anything like what Barton did? If not, what's your point?

That you can get away with anything in the right circumstances, or conversely get reamed. The law is an ass.