Hedy Lamarr dead

Happy Face

Blazing Saddles actor dies at 81

Comic actor Harvey Korman, who played Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles, has died at the age of 81 in Los Angeles.

Korman, who appeared in a number of other Mel Brooks films, was also known for co-starring in US TV classic The Carol Burnett Show.

He died in Los Angeles on Thursday after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said.

Brooks said: "A world without Harvey Korman - it's a more serious world."

He added: "It was very dangerous for me to work with him because if our eyes met, we'd crash to floor in comic ecstasy.

"It was comedy heaven to make Harvey Korman laugh."

Korman came to prominence on The Danny Kaye Show - which he joined in 1964 - appearing as a sidekick to the comedian.

He then became part of the cast of the Carol Burnett Show - a comedy sketch programme - in 1967.

But he will be best remembered for his scheming politician in Brook's Western satire Blazing Saddles.

Guest appearances

Other films Korman appeared in included Herbie Goes Bananas, Huckleberry Finn and two Pink Panther movies.

He also guest starred in many other TV shows including The Muppet Show, Dr Kildare and ER.

In a 2005 interview, the actor said he was not altogether comfortable with being a TV personality.

"It takes a certain type of person to be a television star," he said.

"I didn't have whatever that is. I come across as kind of snobbish and maybe a little too bright."

Korman is survived by his wife and four children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7427632.stm

RIP

RIP

Selfishly, hopefully an excuse to show Blazing Saddles.

I once saw a sketch he did on US tele where he was at the dentists and the dentist kept sticking the anesthetic in himself. Funny as fuck. Honest.

RIP

Selfishly, hopefully an excuse to show Blazing Saddles.

I once saw a sketch he did on US tele where he was at the dentists and the dentist kept sticking the anesthetic in himself. Funny as fuck. Honest.

The whole film's on youtube. Perfect to fill a Friday afternoon at work.

Taggart: What do you want me to do sir?

Hedley Lamarr: I want you to round up ever vicious criminal and gun slinger in the west. Take this down.

[Taggart looks for a pen and paper while Hedley talks]

Hedley Lamarr: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

Taggart: [finding pen and paper] Could you repeat that, sir?

:nufc:

RIP

Here's that sketch I was on about..

I love it when the actors in a comedy sketch start pissing themselves :up: but try and make it look like they arnt :lol: :lol: ;)