Emre to leave Newcastle

NobbySol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
He hasn't delivered and never will with any consistency glad he's gone.

Duff next ideally.

Smith next, then Duff. Ideally :up:

I dunno it's always possible a bit of Keegan pixie dust might work some magic on Smith (unlikely admittedly), but I think for Duff it is now definitely a case of needing to clone him a new body for him to be much use.

I don't even think either are what you would call decent options to have on the bench these days. Can't see that changing either. I bet they're both on big wages too - another reason to get rid. I could picture them both at the Mackems actually.

good player imo. shame he never did it consistently for us and was always injured. good move to get rid, especially for the price mentioned, but we'll need to replace him with a better player. i would have also gotten rid of a few others ahead of him first, smith etc.

we're going to have to make a few signings in midfield. i don't want to be relying on smith, barton, geremi and aging nicky butt as our central midfielders for next season

Racist little shit.

Wonder what we're getting for him.

2 million according to The Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4045960.ece

Better than I feared if true.

I've just read the BBC report on his departure....

Reports have suggested that the transfer fee involved could be about £8m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/7429144.stm

Is this a trademark BBC fuck-up? Must be.

I'd love to see those reports if anyone has seen them because doubling our money on him would be hilarious. What with getting half a million for a 4 month loan on Ameobi, it's like King Midas is doing our deals for us.

I was expecting more than the £2-3m that seems to be getting bandied about in most places, if only for the fact that Emre still seems to be highly thought of in Turkey.

Still, no chance of getting £8m surely?

Right to move him on as he never delivered what he should have and was injured far too often and for far too long, and he can be replaced with soembody better.

Also as he is highly regarded in turkey, i think we can expect a reasonable fee for him, though i read somewhere that the £8m is what the deal could be worth to him, ie his wages over the length of his contract, so maybe that's where the misunderstanding has come from?

But we have to be carefull with our already small squad that we don't leave ourselves shorthanded. Luckilly in this case he's hardly played at all so really the squad isn't really decreasing with his departure!

Turkey dealt a blow with the loss of Emre ahead of Euro clash with Switzerland

Turkey have lost Emre to injury ahead of tomorrow's clash with Euro 2008 co-hosts Switzerland.

The midfielder pulled up with a hamstring problem during training and will miss the crucial Group A encounter at Basel's St Jakob-Park Stadium.

"Unfortunately, Emre is not going to play tomorrow," said Turkey coach Fatih Terim.

He had a slight injury to his hamstring and he wasn't feeling well this morning. He had an MRI and results have shown that there's an edema of two to three centimetres.

"Not having Emre is a problem for us because his role is not that simple to cover by another player.

"But then again Switzerland will not have their injured captain Alexander Frei."

Turkey will be sweating on the return of defensive duo Servet Servet Cetin and Gokhan Zan, who will be given until the last minute to prove their fitness.

"They have both had a hard time but they are really devoted to the team," said Terim.

"We will make a decision on whether they will play tomorrow."

Terim, whose side lost 2-0 against Portugal in their opening game, is nevertheless confident that his team can qualify from the group stage.

"Everyone is aware of how important this game is," he said.

"We are confident in ourselves and I believe we will succeed in this tournament.

"For us, the game against Portugal wasn't the key but this one is.

"Of course, every team wants to begin a competition with a win but it didn't happen but that doesn't mean that we can't do well.

"In Euro 2004, we started with a defeat and then we did well."

Failure is not an option for Switzerland coach Kobi Kuhn, either.

"You never consider the possibility of a defeat," he said.

"We are aware that if we lost tomorrow, then the tournament for us would be reduced to just one game, against Portugal.

"We have a young team that has a future but we are going to win tomorrow."

Kuhn, whose side lost 1-0 to the Czech Republic in their first encounter, knows his men will face tough opposition, though.

"Turkey are 12th in the world ranking and we are quite a bit away from there," he said.

"But you can see that this is a strong team on its merits. We will have to fight hard to beat them."

The last time both teams met was in a qualifying play-off for the 2006 World Cup, when Switzerland prevailed on away goals.

The game was, however, marred by violent incidents involving players from both sides following the final whistle although Kuhn believes any ill feeling has passed.

"This issue is almost three years old now and as in everyday life football evolves very quickly," he said. "This thing is over and done with."

Switzerland will have all their players available with the exception of Frei, who has been ruled out for the tournament having sustained a knee injury in his team's opener.

"Frei cannot play," said Kuhn. "But he is very important for us and he will remain with the team as he is such a big support for us."

didnt one of the reports say deal only on if he didnt get injured ? :icon_lol:

The deal has gone through, yes? So it doesn't matter about any injuries he gets right?

Apparently not completed yet - whether that is true or paper talk though. :)

The deal has gone through, yes? So it doesn't matter about any injuries he gets right?

Apparently not completed yet - whether that is true or paper talk though. :)

nah he'd not even aggred personal terms even before his latest hamstring .

Has it gone through? I thought he'd only agreed personal terms. Could be wrong.

I can't find confirmation anywhere, just stories saying they want him or have bid for him. Vague.

Edited by Park Life

From Times Online

June 10, 2008

Zico parts company with Fenerbahce

Times Online and PA

Fenerbahce have parted company with Zico - freeing him up for a possible move to the Premier League. The Brazilian, who took charge of the Istanbul club in 2006, was linked to the managerial vacancy at Manchester City before Mark Hughes stepped in, and both Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea are currently looking to recruit a new manager.

After winning the Super Lig title in his first season with Fenerbahce, the Turkish side failed to emulate that achievement last season when they had to settle for a second-placed finish behind Galatasaray, although an impressive Champions League challenge was only ended by Chelsea at the quarter-final stage.

Aziz Yildirim, the Fenerbahce president, said: "We have parted company with Zico. We know who the new coach will be and he will sign an agreement in Istanbul next week."

:)

I can't find confirmation anywhere, just stories saying they want him or have bid for him. Vague.

I don't know, that's why I added the question marks?

I don't know, that's why I added the question marks?

Ok man.

• 1 month later...