Gossip

Tom

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is on the verge of hijacking central defender Richard Dunne's £5m move from Manchester City to Spurs. (The Sun)

And Liverpool have finally backed down over their £15m asking price for striker Peter Crouch... paving the way for the England international to join Portsmouth next week. (The Sun)

Pompey are also believed to be at the front of a queue of clubs hoping to sign Khaleem Hyland, after the 18-year-old has pitted his wits against England's midfield for Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday evening. (The Times)

Sunderland are plotting a £4m swoop for unsettled Aston Villa striker Shaun Maloney. (Daily Mirror)

Savvy defensive midfielder Yaya Toure - younger brother of Kolo - could be joining Arsenal as part of the deal that takes Alexander Hleb to Barcelona. (Daily Star)

Liverpool are ready to unload left-sided attacking full-back John Arne Riise with Newcastle likely to target the Norwegian. (Daily Star)

Spurs boss Juande Ramos has put £12m-rated Paraguay striker Oscar Cardozo at the top of his hit-list of replacements for Dimitar Berbatov. Ramos is sending one of his top spies to watch the powerful Benfica hitman, 25, in action for his country against France on Saturday evening. (Daily Mirror)

Rangers are tracking Le Mans right-back Jean Calve and Monaco left-back Jeremy Berthod. (Various)

Cristiano Ronaldo's godfather, Fernao Sousa, has claimed that the Manchester United winger has already decided to move to Real Madrid - but will not say so until after Euro 2008. (The Guardian, Daily Express)

But Ronaldo has given his present club a boost by talking of going on to establish himself as a genuine Old Trafford legend in the mould of David Beckham or George Best. (Daily Mirror)

Relegated Reading have joined Championship rivals Derby County in the race to sign Swansea City's Dutch midfield enforcer Ferrie Bodde. (Derby Evening Telegraph)

FA Cup finalists Cardiff City are hoping to sign Wales rookie Ched Evans on loan from Premier League Manchester City next season. (South Wales Echo)

Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng claims he is attracting interest from both sides of the Old Firm. (Daily Mail/Daily Mirror)

Aberdeen face competition from Plymouth to sign defender Alan Maybury, who had a loan spell at Pittodrie last season. (Daily Mail/Daily Record)

Dundee United manager Craig Levein wants to take Rangers pair Charlie Adam and Alan Gow to Tannadice on loan next season. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

Swedish side Djurgardens are also keen to strike a loan deal for Gow. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

West Bromwich Albion may bid to sign Dundee midfielder Kevin McDonald. (Daily Record)

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan is considering a £5m move for Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

David Beckham is the shock contender to captain England in Sunday evening's international friendly against Trinidad & Tobago as boss Fabio Capello continues his auditions. (Various)

Owner Milan Mandaric is lining up Chelsea coach Steve Clarke as the new Leicester manager. (Daily Mirror)

Patrice Evra is close to ending the uncertainty over his future at Manchester United after reaching an informal agreement over a new five-year contract. The French international full-back, 27, is in line to earn more than £60,000-a-week plus bonuses though manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still keen to sign defensive reinforcements. (The Times)

Arsenal's Croatia striker Eduardo Da Silva - who suffered a badly broken leg against Birmingham in February which was expected to sideline him until next year - expects to be back in August after positive treatment in Brazil. (Daily Mail)

Southampton's decision to replace manager Nigel Pearson with former Netherlands defender Jan Poortvliet has been condemned by Saints fans. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City could be set to play their Uefa Cup forst qualifying round home leg at preston's Deepdale stadium. City need a different venue to give their Eastlands pitch extra time to recover from summer events such as boxing and pop concerts. (Daily Star)

And manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to be sacked early next week by owner Thaksin Shinawatra with a £1m pay-off. Becoming the new Mexico coach is a serious possibility for the Swede. (Various)

Arsenal are hoping to transform their team off the pitch this summer by bringing in Premier League boss Richard Scudamore as their new chief executive. (Daily Telegraph)

Former Man United striker Dwight Yorke will make a surprise appearance in the friendly international against England according to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation press officer Shaun Fuentes. Yorke had not yet trained with his team-mates and his presence will run counter to views expressed earlier this week by coach Francisco Maturana, who declared: "This is not an exhibition match." (Reuters)

Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc says he would a consider a move away from the Scottish champions. (Various)

AND FINALLY

There was a Miss United Nations beauty pageant taking place at England's Hyatt Hotel base in Port of Spain on Friday evening as the team rested prior to the Trinidad & Tobago match. One England insider said: "It's a good job Sven still isn't in charge." (Daily Mail)

Currently training with England's squad of multi-millionaires in the Caribbean, goalkeeper Joe Lewis began his season trying to get a game on loan at Morecambe in the Blue Square Premier. He earns £60,000-a-year - half of what Rio Ferdinand gets per week. (The Independent)

Jose Mourinho insists he was never the 'Special One' - just great. The former Chelsea boss said: "The story of the 'Special One' has stuck and that's not a bad thing. But I am not special. I think of myself as a great manager. I only have strengths. If I have a weakness I try to hide it." (Daily Express)

Ooh, a big fat NOTHING for us again!

This predicted 'tsunami' of tabloid linkage to every available footballer isn't quite happening, is it?

Apart from another link to Riise you mean.

Or have I been whooshed. :up:

Ooh, a big fat NOTHING for us again!

This predicted 'tsunami' of tabloid linkage to every available footballer isn't quite happening, is it?

Apart from another link to Riise you mean.

Or have I been whooshed. :lol:

:lol:

Only cause you asked for it. :up:

Beckham's been named England captain for the T & T friendly btw. I shit you not :up:

was expecting it to be barry myself but that's fine by me

Have some of the players been rested by the way because Motson (or whoever it was commentating) wouldn't shut up about how Capello was going to have a smaller squad for the T& T match. Just wondering if it's Terry and co.

Have some of the players been rested by the way because Motson (or whoever it was commentating) wouldn't shut up about how Capello was going to have a smaller squad for the T& T match. Just wondering if it's Terry and co.

Terry, Brown, Hargreaves, A.Cole, J.Cole, Lampard and Rooney are rested.

Cheers, expected the Champions league players to have a rest like.

Ferdinand's been left in for some reason, I think he forgot about him. :up:

Ferdinand's been left in for some reason, I think he forgot about him. :up:

:lol: That does seem odd though.