Most overated Prem players

Douggy B

the inzaghi comment is fucking ludicrous. he scored 10 goals in 6 games at the tail end of the Serie A season this year. how is that anything but world class? given he's been injured the rest of the season as well.

his international record is also fantastic. nearly a goal every other game.

trezeguet is a little fairer I feel. but still. he has a ridiculous goal scoring record in Serie A and only managed a measely 20 goals this season.

Fucking hell it doesn't take much for half of you here to regard a player as world class because they score a few goals.

How's this for a world class stat, 8 goals in 12 premier league matches? That's 1.5 goals every match! World Class!

That's Defoe's stat for Pompey! So the cunt must be world class, no?

And it wouldn't be hard to find a bunch of other example, spewa Kev, etc.

Now I'm not saying Pip isn't a great finisher but I think you've proven my point about the fact he's over-rated - just look at the football expert reactions here.

To me Del Piero, Vieri (and to the fuckwit that mentioned This isn't a thread about strikers who are finished, of course he's finished you twat, he's an old man who's goal scoring stats are 103 goals in 134 games for Inter at the height of his career and 23 from 49 for Italy!) and Biaggi are players you should be regarding as world class.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the inzaghi comment is fucking ludicrous. he scored 10 goals in 6 games at the tail end of the Serie A season this year. how is that anything but world class? given he's been injured the rest of the season as well.

trezeguet is a little fairer I feel. but still. he has a ridiculous goal scoring record in Serie A and only managed a measely 20 goals this season.

Fucking hell it doesn't take much for half of you here to regard a player as world class because they score a few goals.

How's this for a world class stat, 8 goals in 12 premier league matches? That's 1.5 goals every match! World Class!

Now I'm not saying Pip isn't a great finisher but I think you've proven my point about the fact he's over-rated - just look at the football expert reactions here.

To me Del Piero, Vieri (and to the fuckwit that mentioned This isn't a thread about strikers who are finished, of course he's finished you twat, he's an old man who's goal scoring stats are 103 goals in 134 games for Inter at the height of his career and 23 from 49 for Italy!) and Biaggi are players you should be regarding as world class.

Hahahaha you're comparing Defoe and Phillips to Inzaghi. Last time I checked Inzaghi has been doing the business for the best part of a decade at the top level, as his Champions League record will testify. A few goals btw, absolute joke you've said that.

Inzaghi is the same age as Vieri btw and is still doing the business. The fact I haven't even mentioned how highly I rated Vieiri back in the day as well yet you decide to label personal insults at me despite the fact I don't think I ever said Vieri wasn't better than Inzaghi in his pomp.

Hahahaha you're comparing Defoe and Phillips to Inzaghi. Last time I checked Inzaghi has been doing the business for the best part of a decade at the top level, as his Champions League record will testify. A few goals btw, absolute joke you've said that.

Inzaghi is the same age as Vieri btw and is still doing the business. The fact I haven't even mentioned how highly I rated Vieiri back in the day as well yet you decide to label personal insults at me despite the fact I don't think I ever said Vieri wasn't better than Inzaghi in his pomp.

2twats :nah: of course the Defoe comparison is a fucking joke but it's proving the point - maybe that I'm a cunt or maybe that your labelling of world class is the point in case of Inzahgi being over-rated.

By the way Jonny, re-read your Vieri comment and tell me you're not trying for a reaction. You and I both know that not everyone's career is the same length, so the point is moot.

Inzahgi good but he is over-rated, Ameobi is Newcastle's second highest scorer in Europe if you need further comparison, end of.

Nice post.

I like Inzaghi as a player, but for me they have to do a little more than just score goals.

Edited by Park Life

Nice post.

I like Inzaghi as a player, but for me they have to do a little more than just score goals.

So by your logic Romario wasn't world class as well then as all he done was just score goals.

Brilliant nose for goals Inzaghi, a really top-class goalhanger.

I can see why people would say he's overrated because I reckon he's the type that if you put him in a struggling midtable team then he'd offer you fuck all. Though he did have a great season at Atalanta before going to Juve so I don't know.

Moot point all the same though because the top clubs will always have a use for someone like Inzaghi, a guy who pretty much gaurantees goals.

Can name lots of strikers I'd take ahead of him though.

Nice post.

So by your logic Romario wasn't world class as well then as all he done was just score goals.

Cause they don't have different abilities? Be serious man.

Romario can make his own goals and has been known to beat a man in his time or pick up the ball 30 yards out and score. Not so little Pipo I fear.

Edited by Park Life

Brilliant nose for goals Inzaghi, a really top-class goalhanger.

I can see why people would say he's overrated because I reckon he's the type that if you put him in a struggling midtable team then he'd offer you fuck all. Though he did have a great season at Atalanta before going to Juve so I don't know.

Moot point all the same though because the top clubs will always have a use for someone like Inzaghi, a guy who pretty much gaurantees goals.

Can name lots of strikers I'd take ahead of him though.

These are my feelings more or less. Needs a crack unit around him or a betting scam.

To fair to Inazaghi, he doesn't just score goals. He gets caught offside a lot too.

Also he's predominantly been in sides where he'll get a hatful of chances every game. Yes I'm blaming him for that. :nah:

Edited by Park Life

To fair to Inazaghi, he doesn't just score goals. He gets caught offside a lot too.

Also he's predominantly been in sides where he'll get a hatful of chances every game. Yes I'm blaming him for that. :nah:

Van Nistelrooy as well then eh?

Ans the other post. :D

VanNist is clearly a more all-round forward.

Ans the other post. :D

VanNist is clearly a more all-round forward.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=471902

If we're going down that route.

How is Van Nist clearly an all round forward? Explain to me how? He's an out and out striker, much in the same way Inzaghi is. I don't recall Van Nistelrooy dropping deep, linking up play etc his main job is to bang the goals in, which he does, something Inzaghi has done all his career, which is what my point is. He gets paid to score goals, which is what he has done for the best part of a decade, so what if he doesn't offer much? He does what he is paid to do, that was my point.

Nice post.

Romario can make his own goals and has been known to beat a man in his time or pick up the ball 30 yards out and score. Not so little Pipo I fear.

Romario was never renound though for doing this, and you know that. Especially after he left PSV. Still the best finisher I've ever seen though.

Nice post.

Romario was never renound though for doing this, and you know that. Especially after he left PSV. Still the best finisher I've ever seen though.

:D:nah:

2twats :nah: of course the Defoe comparison is a fucking joke but it's proving the point - maybe that I'm a cunt or maybe that your labelling of world class is the point in case of Inzahgi being over-rated.

By the way Jonny, re-read your Vieri comment and tell me you're not trying for a reaction. You and I both know that not everyone's career is the same length, so the point is moot.

Inzahgi good but he is over-rated, Ameobi is Newcastle's second highest scorer in Europe if you need further comparison, end of.

I don't see how it is proving the point when you're using Defoe's scoring record over a period of 12 games when I'm talking about the last decade.

Well I thought we were on about current players which is why I responded about Vieiri and seeing as both are still playing.

I don't see what Ameobi has to do with this at all.

I don't see how it is proving the point when you're using Defoe's scoring record over a period of 12 games when I'm talking about the last decade.

Well I thought we were on about current players which is why I responded about Vieiri and seeing as both are still playing.

I don't see what Ameobi has to do with this at all.

To be honest I don't really need to say anymore as other have for me but the Ameobi point is that even an below average striker can score quite a few goals in Europe, even in the CL.