Most overated Prem players

Douggy B

lampard, terry, drogba, carrager, martins, steven taylor, ashton

I don't think drogba's overrated, he's a very very dangerous player for any defence to face, he's not consistent enough though due mainly to the occasions where he falls down screaming at the slightest touch

im sayings hes overrated because ppl think hes world class and one one of the best strikers in the world when hes not

He is World Class

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think drogba's overrated, he's a very very dangerous player for any defence to face, he's not consistent enough though due mainly to the occasions where he falls down screaming at the slightest touch

im sayings hes overrated because ppl think hes world class and one one of the best strikers in the world when hes not

He is World Class

hes had 1 good season and ppl start thinking hes amazing

lampard, terry, drogba, carrager, martins, steven taylor, ashton, lennon

not too sure if i agree with you on drogba and lampard, lampard gets so much stick so he is hardly overated and in all fairness does the business for chelsea. Carra and Terry are unbelievably overated

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

not atall similar to ronaldo. ronaldo has had 2 amazin season and keeps getting better where drogba had 1 lucky season and isnt getting any better. also there is quite a big age difference

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

not atall similar to ronaldo. ronaldo has had 2 amazin season and keeps getting better where drogba had 1 lucky season and isnt getting any better. also there is quite a big age difference

So your judging world class on age? Drogba had a class season at Marseille, A very good second season at chelsea scored alot and set up a bucket load then had an amazing season the following. How exactly would he be lucky? He scores against big teams, Ronaldo goes missing in most. A world class player does it the majority of the time on the big stage. Drogba has done that

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

So your judging world class on age? Drogba had a class season at Marseille, A very good second season at chelsea scored alot and set up a bucket load then had an amazing season the following. How exactly would he be lucky? He scores against big teams, Ronaldo goes missing in most. A world class player does it the majority of the time on the big stage. Drogba has done that

how am i judging it on age? your comparing ronaldo to drogba when ronaldo has done alot more in his career than drogba at a younger age.

having a good season in the french league means nothing. When drogba first came to chelsea he was a joke. hes had 1 good season and then this season went back to his normal self as shown at the african nations as he was useless against a bunch of nobodies. also anyone that doubts ronaldo being a world class player is obviously an idiot and knows nothing

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

how am i judging it on age? your comparing ronaldo to drogba when ronaldo has done alot more in his career than drogba at a younger age.

having a good season in the french league means nothing. When drogba first came to chelsea he was a joke. hes had 1 good season and then this season went back to his normal self as shown at the african nations as he was useless against a bunch of nobodies. also anyone that doubts ronaldo being a world class player is obviously an idiot and knows nothing

I didnt say ronaldo wasn't world class, just said drogba is. In your eyes im judging him to be worse than Drogba. I would hardly say the african nations cup consists of a bunch of nobodies. Essien, Eto, Toure just a few of the top class talent that has derived from Africa. Drogba may not do it for his country but neither does ronaldo if your calling a drogba a heap of shit for not doing it for his. Im not the only one who thinks drogba is a world class player, his record against big clubs speaks for itself and is a menace to any defence.

He is World Class

Similar to Ronaldo

I didnt say ronaldo wasn't world class, just said drogba is. In your eyes im judging him to be worse than Drogba. I would hardly say the african nations cup consists of a bunch of nobodies. Essien, Eto, Toure just a few of the top class talent that has derived from Africa. Drogba may not do it for his country but neither does ronaldo if your calling a drogba a heap of shit for not doing it for his. Im not the only one who thinks drogba is a world class player, his record against big clubs speaks for itself and is a menace to any defence.

ronaldo doesnt do it for his country? good joke. Also if drogbas world class how come he didnt get discovered by a big team until so late in his career?

Similar to Ronaldo

ronaldo doesnt do it for his country? good joke. Also if drogbas world class how come he didnt get discovered by a big team until so late in his career?

No ronaldo doesnt, so now your sayin u must be spotted early by a big club to be a world class player? Cantona discovered at 26 by Man U, Drogba same age at chelsea, im not comparing but im sayin doesnt matter how old you are world class talent will shine through.

tbh i cant really say much about cantana as i didnt really see much of him because of my age, and considering im older than you id say the same goes.

However, players like henry, ronaldo, cronaldo, messi, ronaldinho, kaka are world class, (players that are actually anywhere near the top for best player in their position are world class)

tbh i cant really say much about cantana as i didnt really see much of him because of my age, and considering im older than you id say the same goes.

However, players like henry, ronaldo, cronaldo, messi, ronaldinho, kaka are world class, (players that are actually anywhere near the top for best player in their position are world class)

I can recall glimpses of cantona magic but yeah i see what you mean that usually talent is spotted and players develop into world class at a medium age. But i stand by my decision, i still believe drogba is in the same bracket as say rooney, henry, klose, torres as bieng world class strikers.

I can recall glimpses of cantona magic but yeah i see what you mean that usually talent is spotted and players develop into world class at a medium age. But i stand by my decision, i still believe drogba is in the same bracket as say rooney, henry, klose, torres as bieng world class strikers.

well fair enough but imo hes not and never will be. Has to resort to blatant cheating when he cant cope with the players hes playing against

well fair enough but imo hes not and never will be. Has to resort to blatant cheating when he cant cope with the players hes playing against

haha he never had to result to blatant cheating cos he cudnt handle his opponents, he always does it cos hes a tit! his lehmann theatrics were the best tho

Drogba is a world class striker, naturally, and not a bit overrated. He does have an arsenal of dirty tricks that he pulls out at a moment's notice but that doesn't stop him from being quick, physically powerful, difficult to mark, and nearly unstoppable. When you look at how many he scores and how many assists he has, you'll see who's world class.

Also you probably didn't watch the ANC if you're talking about how Drogba didn't perform against a "bunch of nobodies." You're one of those who still thinks African football is kicking a deflated ball around a dried-mud pitch while villagers with baskets on their heads look on.

the inzaghi comment is fucking ludicrous. he scored 10 goals in 6 games at the tail end of the Serie A season this year. how is that anything but world class? given he's been injured the rest of the season as well.

his international record is also fantastic. nearly a goal every other game.

trezeguet is a little fairer I feel. but still. he has a ridiculous goal scoring record in Serie A and only managed a measely 20 goals this season.

the inzaghi comment is fucking ludicrous. he scored 10 goals in 6 games at the tail end of the Serie A season this year. how is that anything but world class? given he's been injured the rest of the season as well.

his international record is also fantastic. nearly a goal every other game.

trezeguet is a little fairer I feel. but still. he has a ridiculous goal scoring record in Serie A and only managed a measely 20 goals this season.

He's so good they just let him score. :nah:

Drogba is world class imo he's quick, powerful, two footed, good finisher and quick thinking albeit he's a cheater and can be stupid at times (like the Champions league final) but that doesn't mean he's doing that because he can't cope with the opposition.

I definitely think Downing is overrated and can't believe he still gets picked for England squads.