I knew it --- I just fucking knew it!

bluepeter1875

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks mate, but to be honest he might have different results with you lot. The demand for attractive football up here is incredible, that amount of pressure won't be as obvious at your club.

He may well do ok eventually, the crux is can Blackburn not be relegated in the period he spends turning Blackburn from a reasonable footballing team to a Mk3 Bolton hoofball team.

It wasn't Allardyce's style that got him sacked here, it was the style + the fact he wasn't doing very well with it. Ugly and ineffective football is just no one's cup of tea, especially when your team morale is going through the floor.

And that Keegan could end up having to play a very similar formation with slightly different players and get a different style and eventually success rate says quite a lot too.

Aye, people didn't demand attacking football at Newcastle under Allardyce. It was inneffective and unattractive football combined that saw Allardyce go. Fish has a point about the relative amounts of pressure though. I'm a bit sad for Blackburn (but not overly so) and more sad that the fat cunt has managed to get himself another job.

Allardyce left us with his reputation intact, as most people cite our unreasonable demand for attractive football and instant success as reasons for his sacking. Never mind that our results were terrible and we were playing so badly that a team like Derby were able to take four points off us.

Agree with that, due to the medias obssession with ridiculing toon fans on an almost daily basis i don't think Allardyce suffered that much at all from his sacking here in terms of getting the blame for what happened.

And to be fair i think he'll probably do a decent job there, though the fans will be enjoying the football less under him than Hughes!

I still think XXXXL Sam could do a god job at Blackburn to be honest.

Shit Club,Shit fans - right up his alley :nah:

So that will be why he agreed to join you then eh?

FYI - Allardyce is in for the City job now. Rovers have not approached the ugly twat and probably will not.

Word has it that an announcement will be made tomorro.

Hughes to Chelsk is fav.

FYI - Allardyce is in for the City job now. Rovers have not approached the ugly twat and probably will not.

Hughes to Chelsk is fav.

Thaskin deserves XXXL Sam, then he'll know what shit football really looks like!

Hughes will have a good few months fun and a nice pay off if he goes to Chelsea. :D

Hughes to Chelsk is fav.

Thaskin deserves XXXL Sam, then he'll know what shit football really looks like!

Hughes will have a good few months fun and a nice pay off if he goes to Chelsea. :D

I'm hoping some other really dodgy nutter managers enter the fray. :icon_lol:

I still can't believe we appointed that loon.

xinsrc_5421104091235265182763.jpg

seemed like a reasonable appointment at the time though.

I still can't believe we appointed that loon.

xinsrc_5421104091235265182763.jpg

seemed like a reasonable appointment at the time though.

Yeah, in fairness he just went metal whilst at NUFC. :nah:

Hughes will be at Chelsea within the next 24 hours :nah:

signed a three year contract with citeh... :D

Hasn't happened yet!

Man City close in on Hughes deal

Manchester City have agreed a compensation package with Blackburn for Rovers manager Mark Hughes - but are yet to speak to the Welshman.

Blackburn gave Hughes permission to speak to City on Monday after the Eastlands club indicated they wanted him to succeed Sven-Goran Eriksson.

BBC Sport understands representatives of City are now in contact with Hughes.

Hughes is also believed to be on Chelsea's shortlist as a successor to Avram Grant, who was sacked on 24 May.

City's approach has alerted Hughes's admirers within the Chelsea hierarchy.

The City powerbrokers had hoped to do a swift deal to appoint Hughes as owner Thaksin Shinawatra moves to end unrest among supporters at the departure of Eriksson.

But once word of City's move for Hughes leaked out, Chelsea recognised the possibility of missing out on a manager who has admirers within the Stamford Bridge hierarchy.

Chelsea are waiting in the wings and could yet scupper a potential move to Eastlands if they make an official approach to Blackburn.

A statement on Blackburn's website said: "Rovers can confirm they have reached an agreement with Manchester City on compensation terms for Mark Hughes.

"As a consequence Manchester City have been given permission to speak to Mark."

If Hughes does not take over at Eastlands, BBC Sport believes sacked Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini may then figure in City's thinking.

He had cordial relations with City even before the appointment of his close confidante Eriksson as manager last summer, while his 17-year-old son, Filippo, joined City's youth academy on loan from Inter in January.

But Hughes is City's preferred option, even though the name of Fenerbahce coach Zico has also been thrown into the mix of names under consideration to succeed Eriksson.

The Welshman has guided Rovers into Europe twice, but recently indicated his long-term ambitions might not be satisfied at Ewood Park.

A Blackburn statement on Monday said City had made an approach to talk to Hughes.

"Mark has made it clear to the board he would like the opportunity to talk to Manchester City," it said.

"In view of this, the board have decided reluctantly to give permission subject to terms and conditions acceptable to Blackburn Rovers being agreed with Manchester City in advance."

Former Wales boss Hughes has impressed during his three-and-a-half year spell at Ewood Park, guiding Rovers to seventh in the Premier League last season.

He also led the club to its first FA Cup semi-final in 40 years in 2004 and another in 2007.

Earlier this year, the former Manchester United and Chelsea striker was one of the front-runners to succeed Sam Allardyce as Newcastle manager before Kevin Keegan took the job.

Hughes' former Wales team-mate Dean Saunders feels he may be better off staying at Ewood Park.

Hughes succeeded Graeme Souness and assistant Saunders at Blackburn in September 2004 when the pair moved to Newcastle.

Saunders said: "Man City will not be run like Blackburn and Sparky will realise that if he goes there."

"I had a shock going to Newcastle. Graeme took a risk going there but you don't realise how well Blackburn is run until you've left.

"Mark has done well and taken the club into Europe a couple of times by finishing seventh twice.

"But that is because of how it's run and because the chairman and the directors are very stable people.

"Mark will have the same problem at Man City that we had at Newcastle and he'll realise it should he get there."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...ers/7431155.stm

Published: 2008/06/03 16:40:49 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Hasn't happened yet!

:nah:

Hughes Signs City Deal

Manchester City are set to unveil Mark Hughes as their new manager, after he agreed a three-year deal with the club last night… The Sun reports that Hughes met with City executive chairman Gary Cook in London for end-stage contract talks, which proved successful.

The Citizens were forced to pay ₤5million compensation to Blackburn Rovers for Hughes and several of his staff, including assistant coach Mark Bowen. he Welshman will succeed Sven-Goran Eriksson at Eastlands, after the former England boss was officially given his marching orders and a ₤1million payout on Monday. The ex-Manchester United striker established himself as one of the most promising managers in England during his time at Blackburn, twice steering them to European qualification. City owner Thaksin Shinawatra will hope Hughes can repeat that record and then some, and will grant the former Chelsea man around ₤35million to work with in the transfer market. Such funds are a significant rise on the ₤11.5million-per-year he was allowed to spend on average at Ewood Park, and he earned a reputation for thrifty purchases, such as strikers Roque Santa Cruz (₤3.5million) and Benni McCarthy (₤2.5million). But failure to impart an immediate and sustained improvement on the Sky Blues could see Hughes go the same way as Eriksson, who was in charge for only a single season despite leading City to their best league finish in years.

Edited by ohhh_yeah

Hasn't happened yet!

:nah:

Hughes Signs City Deal

Manchester City are set to unveil Mark Hughes as their new manager, after he agreed a three-year deal with the club last night… The Sun reports that Hughes met with City executive chairman Gary Cook in London for end-stage contract talks, which proved successful.

Stopped right there.

Plus there is no quotes.

It has been confirmed to me that the job is there if he and Bowen want it.

I have also been told that Dunne will remain at City if Hughes takes the role.

I have to say I'm a bit suprised at how easily Hughes has left Blackburn. I do think its a bigger job but I thought he would bide his time a bit more - especially in light of what's happened to Ericsson.

I also think Ericsson was/is a better manager (at the moment) which makes the whole thing daft.

It has been confirmed to me that the job is there if he and Bowen want it.

I have also been told that Dunne will remain at City if Hughes takes the role.

If Chelsea really want him, he'll go there. He has no attachment to citeh plus Chelsea is owned by the lesser of two evils.