Favourite Books

catmag

Quality. Had loads of them but did you actually do it properly?

I always attempted it but then gave up

turn to page 32 to go through the right door

turn to page 128 to go through the left door

*turns to page 128*

A large spike impales you through the face

you are dead

"Fuck!!"

*turns to page 32*

3981[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Yep, that's how I did it too :P Never used a dice either.

I'm gonna find mine out and go through one properly though :blush:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality. Had loads of them but did you actually do it properly?

I always attempted it but then gave up

turn to page 32 to go through the right door

turn to page 128 to go through the left door

*turns to page 128*

A large spike impales you through the face

you are dead

"Fuck!!"

*turns to page 32*

3981[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Yep, that's how I did it too :P Never used a dice either.

I'm gonna find mine out and go through one properly though :blush:

3983[/snapback]

They were class, everyone cheated like.

I had the entire range of them Gol! Book 1 in the series was 'The Warlock of Firetop Mountain' which was also turned into a computer game on the ZX Spectrum...

My favourite was 'City of Thieves'. Was the other author of these Steve Jackson?

As a child I remember loving The Chronicles of Narnia books and anything by Roald Dahl. I also enjoyed The Borrowers books. In my early teens I loved The Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird is still without doubt one of the best books I've ever read. I then got into stuff like Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs and Charles Bukowski.

3821[/snapback]

Looks like we were working off the same reading list! Forgotten a lot of them till I saw that.

Speaking of Asterix - used to be a big fan of Tintin. Ordered the dvd boxed set recently - haven't watched any yet - it'll probably be a disappointment!

I had the entire range of them Gol! Book 1 in the series was 'The Warlock of Firetop Mountain' which was also turned into a computer game on the ZX Spectrum...

My favourite was 'City of Thieves'. Was the other author of these Steve Jackson?

4078[/snapback]

Right, can't remember the name of my favourite (d'oh) but it was the one where you ended up as a gladiator in an arena?

My favourite book:

0345419677.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

All humans ever born awakened in the valley of a monstrous river winding its course around an unknown planet, the ultimate quest, to find the origins of that river and the gods who created it. A great story stuffed with history banged together, clans of people form lead by the likes of Christ and Hitler and Aliens, not a single dull page.

My favourite book:

0345419677.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

All humans ever born awakened in the valley of a monstrous river winding its course around an unknown planet, the ultimate quest, to find the origins of that river and the gods who created it. A great story stuffed with history banged together, clans of people form lead by the likes of Christ and Hitler and Aliens, not a single dull page.

4241[/snapback]

He gets everywhere doesn't he? :icon_lol:

Is it a GREAT!! book? :P

Edited by Craig

• 2 years later...

As a kid I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, especially 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' and 'The Last Battle', although they are all great. I was disappointed to discover most of C. S. Lewis's other books were on the subject of theology.

As a kid I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, especially 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' and 'The Last Battle', although they are all great. I was disappointed to discover most of C. S. Lewis's other books were on the subject of theology.

do you mean yo were disappointed to discover that all of C.S. Lewis' books were on theology or most of his other books were?

one way you're inferring that those three are not, the other means you were disappointed that all Lewis' books are about theology.

not being pedantic, just wanting clarification....

I'm quite tired. :razz:

do you mean yo were disappointed to discover that all of C.S. Lewis' books were on theology or most of his other books were?

one way you're inferring that those three are not, the other means you were disappointed that all Lewis' books are about theology.

not being pedantic, just wanting clarification....

I'm quite tired. :icon_lol:

Just read what I wrote :razz: