Ireland Vs Italy 94 World Cup

Lazarus

Guest Stevie

That game was absolutely shit, Ireland scored and put the shutters up, and that was it, shit game.

In fact that was the worst World Cup Group ever in my opinion (that 0-0 with Norway ranks as the worst game I've seen at a WC), much worse even than Group F in Italia 90, at least when we drew 0-0 with the Dutch it was a canny game.

Austria v W. Germany in '82 left a little to be desired I thought.

Really? :yes

Both teams should have been thrown out of the tournament tbh. Most disgraceful violation of fair play at a major tournament ever.

Guest alex

Both teams should have been thrown out of the tournament tbh. Most disgraceful violation of fair play at a major tournament ever.

Daft format allowed for it too though. It was, understandably, changed after that.

Edited by alex

I won money on this game. A friends dad put bets on for us and I had Ray Houghton to score first goal. The jelly babies were on me that afternoon.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Guest Stevie

For both being Kraut or because of bad sportsmanship, or both?

Nah to be fair I reckon right up to when we beat Germany in Euro 2000, most people hated Germany, partly because we couldn't beat them and partly because they were emotionless, methodical machines. Now we realise they're not cunts at all, I'd rather be Kraut than any latin nationality any day of the week....and Alex I was too young to remember Krauts v Kraut Wannabes. Isegrim I've been to Austria its a nice place, friendly people too, does your average German stuck in a Dusseldorf highrise like Austrians, or do you view them like we view Scots?

Nah to be fair I reckon right up to when we beat Germany in Euro 2000, most people hated Germany, partly because we couldn't beat them and partly because they were emotionless, methodical machines. Now we realise they're not cunts at all, I'd rather be Kraut than any latin nationality any day of the week....and Alex I was too young to remember Krauts v Kraut Wannabes. Isegrim I've been to Austria its a nice place, friendly people too, does your average German stuck in a Dusseldorf highrise like Austrians, or do you view them like we view Scots?

I think the majority of Germans rather like Austria, but (arrogantly) see them as a sort of little brother who isn't to be taken seriously and who has to be mocked.

Some Austrians probably suffer from a kind of inferiority-complex though.

Anyway, for those who understand German a funny pisstake about the game in 1978

(Two commentators who are exiled in Argentine since 1978 commentating the game Germany vs. Germany)

Shit game as it was... it was funny as fuck to see Aldridge and Jack Charlton hammering that 4th official because he wouldn't let any water on the pitch.

Probably a red card offence these days...

McGrath played like a man possessed that match

was an awesome performance considering he was playing absolutely steaming shitfaced.

FYP

Guest alex
Shit game as it was... it was funny as fuck to see Aldridge and Jack Charlton hammering that 4th official because he wouldn't let any water on the pitch.

Aldridge is still a wanker however.

Guest Stevie

Ireland v Mexico that.

Really? :)

I think the majority of Germans rather like Austria, but (arrogantly) see them as a sort of little brother who isn't to be taken seriously and who has to be mocked.

(Two commentators who are exiled in Argentine since 1978 commentating the game Germany vs. Germany)

:yes:razz::D

"Lassen Sie sich bitte durch die Ergebniseinblendung der Feindpropaganda nicht irritieren."

Guest alex

Ireland v Mexico that.

So it was. Mexico won didn't they?

Really? :)

:yes:razz::D

"Lassen Sie sich bitte durch die Ergebniseinblendung der Feindpropaganda nicht irritieren."

"The referee today, a certain Abraham Klein from Isrrrael - any further comment is superfluous."