Rank these toon managers

Guest Stevie

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldnt pardew be higher?

Aye he fucking should CT but thats not how the table works.... (looked at end column) :icon_lol:

Indeed. Ordered on wins rather than points.

Hughton's top either way. Pardoo moves up a few places.

Aye he fucking should CT but thats not how the table works.... (looked at end column) :o

Hadn't noticed that...why is it ranked as win%? :icon_lol:

S'pose it's a more memorable way of doing it.

Jim Smith wasn't a good manager of Newcastle, his record is shite given the fact of his 30 month here on 6 of them were in the top flight. Also, we moaned we had nee money, in Jim Smith's era apart from Leeds we had more money than any cunt else in Division Two. I mean he did nearly a million on Quinn and McGhee, when only Leeds had that type of cash. His problem was he signed about 200 players and they were nearly all old slow and shite, and the ones that weren't were just shite. Jim Smith doesn't get enough abuse for what a poor toon manager he was, even under Souness our performances were better than 89-91. We were a scrappy long ball team.

Aye he fucking should CT but thats not how the table works.... (looked at end column) :o

Just the number hat's always reported. It's what's on the Wiki page and what CT quoted in the Pardoo thread.

I added points % as I think it's more informative....but didn't want to mix it about.

Just the number hat's always reported. It's what's on the Wiki page and what CT quoted in the Pardoo thread.

I added points % as I think it's more informative....but didn't want to mix it about.

Ah reet. The Stan Seymour dates need changing too btw, he was done by 1954, Doug Livingstone was manager for the '55 final (as the table already shows).

Points per game is the fairest method (I appreciate you could only do league games and you'd have to assume everyone got 3 points for a win). The obsession with the win ratio is a bit odd. Even then it's not perfect, given comparing points in the Championship to points in the Premier League is unfair.

Did NUFC have an actual 'manager' before the late 40's or 50's ? Someone ask Rob W.

Re Jim Smith. Bought Pav and, if I'm not mistaken, Andy Hunt (brought him from non-league iirc). Speaking of Andy Hunt, I shouted out once "Andy fucking Cunt!" following some ballsup, and this young lass of around 15 who was standing in front of me turned around and said "He's not a cunt....I like him." :icon_lol::o Anyway, I digress.

Did NUFC have an actual 'manager' before the late 40's or 50's ? Someone ask Rob W.

Re Jim Smith. Bought Pav and, if I'm not mistaken, Andy Hunt (brought him from non-league iirc). Speaking of Andy Hunt, I shouted out once "Andy fucking Cunt!" following some ballsup, and this young lass of around 15 who was standing in front of me turned around and said "He's not a cunt....I like him." :icon_lol::o Anyway, I digress.

Team picked by a committee I think.

Team picked by a committee I think.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Hmmm, does that invalidate a lot of the list then?

Randy Cunt we used to call him. Mind his goal against AFCB in that cup game where he beat the whole team.

Up to 1930, Frank Watt was meant to be the most influential member of that committee, he was the secretary and the sort of unofficial manager. Signed Hughie Gallacher, Colin Veitch, and Stan Seymour amongst others. There is a big piece on him on the official history dvd iirc.

• 1 month later...

Pardew flying up the points % chart...

Chris Hughton 65.10%

Kevin Keegan 61.75%

George Martin 57.63%

Sir Bobby Robson 55.03%

Arthur Cox 53.25%

Glenn Roeder 52.78%

Graeme Souness 52.11%

Alan Pardew 50.98%

Doug Livingstone 50.17%

Kenny Dalglish 49.57%

Tom Mather 49.53%

Andy Cunningham 47.81%

Gordon Lee 46.85%

Jim Smith 46.83%

Joe Harvey 46.47%

Stan Seymour 45.76%

Ruud Gullit 43.59%

Charlie Mitten 42.99%

Willie McFaul 42.86%

Norman Smith 41.90%

Sam Allardyce 41.67%

Jack Charlton 41.67%

Bill McGarry 40.68%

Richard Dinnis 38.33%

Kevin Keegan 38.10%

Joe Kinnear 37.04%

Osvaldo Ardiles 34.04%

Alan Shearer 20.83%

While not quite powering along on the win% chart

Chris Hughton 59.38%

Kevin Keegan 54.98%

George Martin 49.03%

Sir Bobby Robson 46.67%

Glenn Roeder 45.83%

Arthur Cox 44.97%

Graeme Souness 44.83%

Tom Mather 43.58%

Doug Livingstone 43.43%

Andy Cunningham 41.83%

Kenny Dalglish 38.46%

Stan Seymour 38.46%

Alan Pardew 38.24%

Joe Harvey 37.90%

Gordon Lee 37.84%

Charlie Mitten 36.55%

Jim Smith 36.36%

Ruud Gullit 34.62%

Norman Smith 34.29%

Willie McFaul 33.57%

Sam Allardyce 33.33%

Bill McGarry 31.36%

Jack Charlton 31.25%

Richard Dinnis 30.00%

Kevin Keegan 28.57%

Joe Kinnear 22.22%

Osvaldo Ardiles 21.28%

Alan Shearer 12.50%

Jim Smith wasn't a good manager of Newcastle, his record is shite given the fact of his 30 month here on 6 of them were in the top flight. Also, we moaned we had nee money, in Jim Smith's era apart from Leeds we had more money than any cunt else in Division Two. I mean he did nearly a million on Quinn and McGhee, when only Leeds had that type of cash. His problem was he signed about 200 players and they were nearly all old slow and shite, and the ones that weren't were just shite. Jim Smith doesn't get enough abuse for what a poor toon manager he was, even under Souness our performances were better than 89-91. We were a scrappy long ball team.

spot on Jim Smith boring dour football played by hasbeens. McFaul (the real one) was unlucky as was Ossie.

Guest CabayeAye

Just out of interest:

1. Keegan - 8/10 - Fitted the club like a glove. Bit too much emotion though.

2. Robson - 8/10 - Brilliant manager but failed to control the knobhead players.

3. Hughton - 7/10 - Brought some respectability back to the club. Dead man walking.

4. Dalgleish - 6/10 - Could have been good. Wasn't given enough time.

5. Pardew - 6/10 - Puppet of Ashley. Debatable how much he has to do with purchases. Baffling team selections at times. But doing well.

6. Roeder - 6/10 - Calm and did well for a bit. The definition of average.

7. Shearer - 5/10 - Great player, didn't manage to make his team of pricks play well.

8. Souness - 5/10 - All talk and no troosers.

9. Alardyce - 4/10 - Tried to make good footballers play hoofball. Didn't work.

10. Gullit - 1/10 - Diabolical. Total prick and a shite manager to boot.

11. Kinnear - 1/10 - Cockney moron who has no place managing a corner shop, let alone a football club.

Just out of interest:

2. Robson - 8/10 - Brilliant manager but failed to control the knobhead players.

3. Hughton - 7/10 - Brought some respectability back to the club. Dead man walking.

5. Pardew - 6/10 - Puppet of Ashley. Debatable how much he has to do with purchases. Baffling team selections at times. But doing well.

7. Shearer - 5/10 - Great player, didn't manage to make his team of pricks play well.

11. Kinnear - 1/10 - Cockney moron who has no place managing a corner shop, let alone a football club.

An overstated myth. To be honest as well finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th I wouldn't care if they were sniffing toot off Mo Mowlam's tit.

Lots of people said the same about Hughton till he started doing well...

Guest CabayeAye

Just out of interest:

An overstated myth. To be honest as well finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th I wouldn't care if they were sniffing toot off Mo Mowlam's tit.

He did have some grade A tits at the club to be fair. Dyer, Jenas, Bellamy, Robert, Bramble, N-Zogbia, Kluivert, Maric, Lua Lua. The dressing room would have been a nightmare, man!