50 Years Ago Today....

Guest alex

One of the greatest cultural icons of the 20th Century was killed when James Dean died in a car crash. His films may seem a bit corny by today's standards but I love him because he was cool as fuck :lol:

RIP

Benefitted massively from biting the dust early on like. The films really aren't that good IMO.

Did anyone watch that show with Gail Porter and that psychic bloke where they would go to the scene of famous people's deaths and the "psychic" would pretend he could feel their pain etc. They did one on James Dean and the psychic gimp was crying and wailing and all sorts. :lol:

There was a documentary on Channel 5 (classy, I know) all about the car crash that killed him. Bascially saying that he died because he was such a good racing driver, tried to speed up and drive his way out of the collision rather than hitting his brakes. Also another predictable conspiracy theory that he wasn't driving the car at all.

He was pretty cool, although not as cool as Ali I agree.

30 years ago today (well tomorrow but whose counting) The Thrilla in Manilla, Ali Foreman 3.

Ali way cooler than James Dean

41129[/snapback]

Frasier you mean? :lol:

Both heroes of mine. That fight was something else like. The fact it was 100f/ 100% humidity just made it all the more brutal. According to Ali's former Doc, it could be used as an advert to ban boxing and that's pretty much spot on. That said, it was a brilliant contest with two true champions (a little over the hill perhaps) putting everything on the line. When Frasier's trainer threw the towel in it was for the best as he was getting tagged at will with both his eyes nearly closed. Ali collapsed in the ring at the end of the fight too. Shame Ali had so many fights after that.

30 years ago today (well tomorrow but whose counting) The Thrilla in Manilla, Ali Foreman 3.

Ali way cooler than James Dean

41129[/snapback]

Frasier you mean? :lol:

Both heroes of mine. That fight was something else like. The fact it was 100f/ 100% humidity just made it all the more brutal. According to Ali's former Doc, it could be used as an advert to ban boxing and that's pretty much spot on. That said, it was a brilliant contest with two true champions (a little over the hill perhaps) putting everything on the line. When Frasier's trainer threw the towel in it was for the best as he was getting tagged at will with both his eyes nearly closed. Ali collapsed in the ring at the end of the fight too. Shame Ali had so many fights after that.

41138[/snapback]

:blink: It must be my age

Benefitted massively from biting the dust early on like.  The films really aren't that good IMO.

Did anyone watch that show with Gail Porter and that psychic bloke where they would go to the scene of famous people's deaths and the "psychic" would pretend he could feel their pain etc.  They did one on James Dean and the psychic gimp was crying and wailing and all sorts. :blink:

41130[/snapback]

I saw that. Hilarious! :lol::D

Foreman was on tele the other day talking about the Rumble in the Jungle, saying that even though he was pissed off with Ali before, during, and after the fight, he's come to realise he was beaten by the better man and said he looks back on it as the greatest fight he ever fought in.

Foreman was on tele the other day talking about the Rumble in the Jungle, saying that even though he was pissed off with Ali before, during, and after the fight, he's come to realise he was beaten by the better man and said he looks back on it as the greatest fight he ever fought in.

41142[/snapback]

Top bloke Foreman like. As an aside, he appeared on 'The Salon' on Ch. 4 for a manicure. The woman doing it was amazed when he told her he had been the Heavyweight Champion of the World and had fought Ali. She'd heard of his grill though :lol:

George Foreman has been talking about a comeback again, and Larry Holmes has challenged him. Can you imagine.  :lol:

41148[/snapback]

Jesus wept! And I mean that.

Dean was okay, I suppose.

Ali was 'the man' rather than ultra cool imo.

Steve McQueen was cool as fuck.

41172[/snapback]

Steve McQueen was also cool like.

There was a documentary on Channel 5 (classy, I know) all about the car crash that killed him. Bascially saying that he died because he was such a good racing driver, tried to speed up and drive his way out of the collision rather than hitting his brakes. Also another predictable conspiracy theory that he wasn't driving the car at all.

41137[/snapback]

:lol:

41137[/snapback]

What were we talking about again?

41137[/snapback]

41137[/snapback]

Does "it" still refer to ?

41137[/snapback]

41137[/snapback]

Can you speak any foreign languages?

41137[/snapback]