50 Years Ago Today....

Guest alex

There was a documentary on Channel 5 (classy, I know) all about the car crash that killed him. Bascially saying that he died because he was such a good racing driver, tried to speed up and drive his way out of the collision rather than hitting his brakes. Also another predictable conspiracy theory that he wasn't driving the car at all.

He was pretty cool, although not as cool as Ali I agree.

41137[/snapback]

:lol:

Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?

30 years ago today (well tomorrow but whose counting) The Thrilla in Manilla, Ali Foreman 3.

Ali way cooler than James Dean

41129[/snapback]

Ali vs Frazier III I think you'll find.

30 years ago today (well tomorrow but whose counting) The Thrilla in Manilla, Ali Foreman 3.

41129[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Europe?

41129[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Europe?

41253[/snapback]

I have.

What you said was either too complex or too simple for me. If you could have any kind of robot what would it be?

There was a documentary on Channel 5 (classy, I know) all about the car crash that killed him. Bascially saying that he died because he was such a good racing driver, tried to speed up and drive his way out of the collision rather than hitting his brakes. Also another predictable conspiracy theory that he wasn't driving the car at all.

41137[/snapback]

:blink:

41251[/snapback]

keep up slp

41129[/snapback]

Frasier you mean? :lol:

Both heroes of mine. That fight was something else like. The fact it was 100f/ 100% humidity just made it all the more brutal. According to Ali's former Doc, it could be used as an advert to ban boxing and that's pretty much spot on. That said, it was a brilliant contest with two true champions (a little over the hill perhaps) putting everything on the line. When Frasier's trainer threw the towel in it was for the best as he was getting tagged at will with both his eyes nearly closed. Ali collapsed in the ring at the end of the fight too. Shame Ali had so many fights after that.

41138[/snapback]

41137[/snapback]

:blink:

41251[/snapback]

keep up slp

41129[/snapback]

Frasier you mean? :lol:

Both heroes of mine. That fight was something else like. The fact it was 100f/ 100% humidity just made it all the more brutal. According to Ali's former Doc, it could be used as an advert to ban boxing and that's pretty much spot on. That said, it was a brilliant contest with two true champions (a little over the hill perhaps) putting everything on the line. When Frasier's trainer threw the towel in it was for the best as he was getting tagged at will with both his eyes nearly closed. Ali collapsed in the ring at the end of the fight too. Shame Ali had so many fights after that.

41138[/snapback]

Try to determine if this is a person or a computer responding.

41137[/snapback]

41246[/snapback]

I'm going to do a Clive and say 'me no understand, could you explain that?'

41137[/snapback]

41246[/snapback]

I'm going to do a Clive and say 'me no understand, could you explain that?'

In the context of , I don't understand "

I'm going to do a Clive and say 'me no understand, could you explain that?'.

An extra on the Rebel Without a Cause DVD is an interview done while filming Giant. In it James Dean implores the youth of America to drive safely (while also looking like the coolest cowboy that ever held a bit of rope). Within a week he'd killed himseld in a high speed crash, only hours after being given a ticket for speeding.

"You're Tearin' me apart!"

An extra on the Rebel Without a Cause DVD is an interview done while filming Giant.  In it James Dean implores the youth of America to drive safely (while also looking like the coolest cowboy that ever held a bit of rope).  Within a week he'd killed himseld in a high speed crash, only hours after being given a ticket for speeding.

"You're Tearin' me apart!"

41277[/snapback]

I've seen that interview.