Today's EURO matches

Besty

Never thought I'd find myself supporting the Germans, but I hate Portugal more and more each tournament.

I dunno Ronaldo's acting is getting better and better.

I think he'd actually be able to produce fake blood soon.

There'll be blood all right but at this rate it'll be when he starts his period.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been said by many already, but watching (and thoroughly enjoying) last night's game really brought it home for me. Isn't it great not having England at this competition? No half-time interviews with McClaren and "tactical discussions" by the MOTD couch during entirely unrelated matches, no reports from the training pitch or the team hotel, no tedious over-analysis of the last game or the next game, no constant injury updates, no forced references to England by commentators and their sidekicks (though they tried their best last night for some reason), no tabloid hissy fits, no WAGs... every international tournament should be like this!

EDIT: Oh aye, and good football.

Edited by Meenzer

I know it's been said by many already, but watching (and thoroughly enjoying) last night's game really brought it home for me. Isn't it great not having England at this competition? No half-time interviews with McClaren and "tactical discussions" by the MOTD couch during entirely unrelated matches, no reports from the training pitch or the team hotel, no tedious over-analysis of the last game or the next game, no constant injury updates, no forced references to England by commentators and their sidekicks (though they tried their best last night for some reason), no tabloid hissy fits, no WAGs... every international tournament should be like this!

EDIT: Oh aye, and good football.

I was thinking along these lines as well. No over-the-top reporting and bullshit. No heartache and panic attacks, just watch the football and enjoy.

Sooooooooooo glad the Portuguese got knocked out :D:rip::lol::)

Last night's game wasn't as good as the Torky/Czech game imo. (seeing Petr Chec (sp) drop that ball gave me a bigger hard on than trick ponie's face at the final whistle last night)

Best finish to any match I've ever seen.

Glad the keeper redeemed himself. Didn't want to see either lose but if you put a gun to my head I would've gone with Turkey, great result for them. They'll get trampled by Germany but they've done it all the hard way in this tournament and I think they've got a lot to be proud of.

haha get in! i wanted turkey to win before the tournament and i actually celebrated when the scored. was genuinely happy! amazing! still not as good as the toon winning like but still with no england to cheer on im suprised ive got so into it

Fuck me, where did that come from. 1-1!

and Bilic is throwing a hissy fit :icon_lol:

I think it was cause the bloke was putting up a board for 1 min and the clock was already on 1.42+

I just wanted to see Modric get beat. But actually a little gutted for Bilic, he's done a great job for Croatia.

The equalizer took me completely by surprise! Quality end to a shite match.

Why? He has been a great little player this tournament.

Unlike other top players he hasnt been diving or in the refs face.

Fizzy pop fucker.

Edited by Danny B

I just wanted to see Modric get beat. But actually a little gutted for Bilic, he's done a great job for Croatia.

Fizzy pop fucker.

Modric has been fantasic and consistent, missed out on a top player. Arshavin has been similar but only for the game he was permitted to play in. WIll be good to see him play top opposition (even though we have little chance of signing him).

Fizzy pop fucker.

Modric has been fantasic and consistent, missed out on a top player. Arshavin has been similar but only for the game he was permitted to play in. WIll be good to see him play top opposition (even though we have little chance of signing him).

hes just bitter because it is dawning on him that even Glen Little is too big for his small time club.

Fizzy pop fucker.

hes just bitter because it is dawning on him that even Glen Little is too big for his small time club.

with no fee involved reading must now be screaming for a billionaire invester, again

Fizzy pop fucker.

:icon_lol: Brilliant as he is (and he was quality), he hasn't been fit for the past two seasons so no great loss. 32 as well. But aye that has plenty to do with Modric doesn't it? :icon_lol:

I just think Modric hasn't really set the tournament alight the way he was talked up to. Forgot he was even on the pitch in that second half.

Fizzy pop fucker.

:icon_lol: Brilliant as he is (and he was quality), he hasn't been fit for the past two seasons so no great loss. 32 as well. But aye that has plenty to do with Modric doesn't it? :icon_lol:

I just think Modric hasn't really set the tournament alight the way he was talked up to. Forgot he was even on the pitch in that second half.

Pretty sure he made some killer passes to set up great oppurtunities

To be fair Brock he has been one of the better performers at this tournament. Whether that'll translate into Premiership performances is another conversation entirely, but you can't say he hasn't performed.

Fizzy pop fucker.

Totally agree. Shite penalty, no nerve. Disappeared in the second half and extra time. You guys can sign far better players than that for less money.

I really like the way Arshavin goes past people with his turn of pace and quick 2 feet.

Holland started well but look like they may go out, the Russians deserve to be winning, and are improving, like the Germans, as usual.

Can't believe Croatia lost to the fuckin Turks

A referee sending a player off then changing his mind? Fair play to him, right decision in the end but unfortunately you wouldn't have seen anything like that in the PL.